Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejefsopatrio
Stranger
Lamictal and LSD * 1
    #4328713 - 06/23/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I searched the site and couldn't find a post relating to this question specifically. I am 18 years old and diagnosed with bipolar type I. I have taken a ton of meds over the past year and finally cut down to only 200mg of Lamictal per day and a prescription of Klonopin 1mg to take as needed.

I am interested in experiencing LSD. I have tripped on shrooms before twice, and the first time I did have a bad trip due to a bad babysitter and completely wrong environment and lack of knowledge about what the effects of a hallucinogenic are really like. I was on a relatively low dosage of Lamictal at the time (100mg) but I didn't notice any interactions between it and the shrooms. A few months later I took shrooms again and had a much milder, almost not-even-worth it trip, which I later learned was the result of an interaction with an SSRI I was taking at that time.

Now I would like to try LSD -- I have been stable on my current meds since March, and have been taking much better care of myself. I have done the research on what LSD can do to a bipolar person (or any person), but have reasonable plans in place should the trip go wrong. However, there is very little information (there certainly haven't been any scientific studies) on Lamictal's interactions with recreational drugs, so I have been looking for anecdotal evidence of people who have been in a similar situation to me.

Without going into the risks of LSD itself as a drug, can anybody tell me if they've ever heard of LSD interacting with Lamictal -- either to diminish the trip or cause illness/seizures? I know lithium can sometimes react fatally with acid so I want to make sure I have assessed ALL possible risks before I decide on anything.

Edited by jefsopatrio (06/23/05 02:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: jefsopatrio] * 1
    #4329126 - 06/23/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Considering that psilocybin is structurally very similar to LSD, I'd bet that if Lamictal didn't do anything to the mushrooms, it shouldn't do anything to LSD.

OfflineDig_a_Pony
The MadcapLaughs
 User Gallery

Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: HeavyToilet] * 1
    #4329505 - 06/23/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I cannot find where to make a new topic, so I'll post my question in here, becuase I'm also on lamictal (and zoloft).

Are the affects of psilocybin different on someone with depression and an obsessive-compulsive personality disorder? Are the effects different on someone taking psychiatric meds? Thanks

--------------------
We can have some more
Nature is a whore
Bruises on the fruit
Tender age in bloom

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: Dig_a_Pony] * 1
    #4330062 - 06/23/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Lamictal and psychedelics do not bite each other.
Mental conditions and LSD however do.
Is it wise to use a mindstirrer on your troubled mind?
Your life, your decision to make.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineDig_a_Pony
The MadcapLaughs
 User Gallery

Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: Asante] * 1
    #4330130 - 06/23/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i was wondering if there was any hard facts on the matter concerning obsessive-compulsive personalities? I suppose I'm not afraid of it. It would be nice if there were studies though. Anyone know?

--------------------
We can have some more
Nature is a whore
Bruises on the fruit
Tender age in bloom

Edited by Dig_a_Pony (06/23/05 08:08 PM)

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#4330259 - 06/23/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

did you listen to this already ?

Effects of Psilocybin in Patients with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

http://www.maps.org/avarchive/ita16/eop.html  :mushroom2:

Offlinejefsopatrio
Stranger
    #4330573 - 06/23/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I took shrooms while on Lexapro (an SSRI like Zoloft) and barely felt any effects at all. I have been told by many other people who use recreational drugs and take psychiatric medication that the whole drug class of SSRIs will interfere with any hallucinogen and ecstasy. Some of them recommended to me that I not take my Lexapro for a day or two before taking shrooms, but I didn't try that, so I can't comment on how safe or effective it is. Hope that helps.

OfflineDig_a_Pony
The MadcapLaughs
 User Gallery

Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: Hermes_br] * 1
    #4330651 - 06/23/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nope, thanks.

--------------------
We can have some more
Nature is a whore
Bruises on the fruit
Tender age in bloom

OfflinePax
Stranger
    #4881838 - 11/01/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've had a really bad trip on Lamictal before, even with a low dose of shrooms. Of course, it also did'nt help I was in my room alone and not out in somewhere more beautiful and comfortable, maybe outdoors.

Offlineexleafing
Stranger
Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: Pax] * 1
    #4882065 - 11/01/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

psyuchedelics made me manic depressive,... ive never blamed them...

--------------------
i am leafing.. the original account was stolen

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: exleafing] * 1
    #5757533 - 06/16/06 02:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I too am 'diagnosed' bipolar I wouldn't take the medicine while on mushrooms and LSD i'd skip a day. However I no longer have bipolar (even say my doctors) and am very leveled out now thanks to mushrooms and LSD. My doctors would never admit that mushrooms are what helped though. They gave me a new grip on reality, one that I can cope with. I took their meds for a few weeks wouldn't like it so I'd have them switch meds over and over I never took any for long they all suck. Its jsut full of stuff to make you more a robot to the machine man. The msuhrooms and LSD will help tell you that.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: CosmicFunGuy] * 1
    #5758680 - 06/16/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've had some bi-polar depression problems in the past. I agree, physchedelics at least in my case helped me grasp more of a feel for reality and gave me the insight to look at things differently. I also shortly took different kinds of medication but could not stand the side effects. Only one I kept was Xanax, mostly just to have around for post-tripping.

Speaking of that... I use Xanax to end a LSD trip and go to sleep after approx 8 hours (I always dose high so I'll still have good visuals after 8 hours). 1mg of Xanax will pretty much end a trip within 30 minutes and let me go to sleep. If I stay up a little visuals are completly gone.

Xanax is a benzo, a bit weaker than Klonopin. I would not take Klonopin w/ the acid because it would probaly really take a bite out of your trip. Defiantly keep for the end. You will feel a lot more stable post-trip if you take a Xanax or like.... otherwise you will feel like you haven't slept for 3 days and be a little tweaked.

Or just skip a day of the meds...

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: Asante] * 1
    #5760099 - 06/17/06 09:18 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Lamictal and psychedelics do not bite each other.
Mental conditions and LSD however do.
Is it wise to use a mindstirrer on your troubled mind?
Your life, your decision to make.

Thanks wiccan, I asked about this a while ago, but didn't get a response.
Good to know. I've been wanting to trip again for a while now.
I wouldn't say psychedelics steer me to either side of the bipolar 'balance', it's always been seasonaly. Lamictal has been good on me so far. Almost no side-effects and it lifet me out of depression. This is the time of the year I'd normally be getting manic, but it hasn't happened yet.

Do you have any idea why Lithium interacts badly with psychedelics?

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlineellie_sea
Stranger
    #21246259 - 02/09/15 12:02 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

So are you saying that taking a low dose of shrooms (1-1.5g) coupled with a daily dose of 100mg of Lamictal will not be fatal?

OfflinePsiloPNW
Hunting Noob
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Lamictal and LSD [Re: ellie_sea] * 1
    #21246314 - 02/09/15 12:40 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think it is a real smart idea for you to take any kind of psychedelic drug if you are bi-polar. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Psychedelics I have done: Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD, Salvia, DXM, MDMA :starecat:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate