Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemanicallyhip
Stranger
The Nomi Song and Klaus Nomi
    #4329539 - 06/23/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone seen the Nomi Song or a fan of Klaus Nomi?

My sister who works at Universal just introduced me to both and I am hooked. I went to the films website (http://www.thenomisong.com) and got some info, but I want to know more. If you know anything at all, please tell me.

For those of you don't know what I'm talking about, The Nomi song is a new music documentary on new wave artist Klaus Nomi. Nomi was known for mixing pop music with opera, and wearing crazy costumes and makeup. This guy was more performance artist, than true rock star, but trust me, he will blow your mind. If you like anything a little arty, a little off the way, very psychedelic, and totally amazing, you will like Klaus Nomi. And if you like films, i honestly think you will love the Nomi song.

So, if you know something, please tell me!
And if you don't, rent the film, and tell me what you think!

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemanicallyhip
Stranger
Re: The Nomi Song and Klaus Nomi [Re: manicallyhip]
    #4333434 - 06/24/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Cmon, if there's any site that could really appreciate listening to Klaus Nomi, it has to be this one. You guys are seriously missing out, this guy was a total trip, visually as well.

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
Re: The Nomi Song and Klaus Nomi [Re: manicallyhip]
    #4344744 - 06/27/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I saw the movie, love his aesthetic but can't really take too much of his music. My favorite part of the movie was just people reminiscing about him and the footage of him and (I think) Kenny Scharf goofing around in their apartments. Cool movie, It's a shame that he died so young.

Offlinemanicallyhip
Stranger
Re: The Nomi Song and Klaus Nomi [Re: champ]
    #4356282 - 06/30/05 06:47 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I definitely understand your not being able to get into the music....its not a cd would sit down and listen too. Its more something you should go out and experience. I think my favorite part of the film is either his teaching people how to bake tarts (how random of a skill for him to have) or the most tragic part of the film, the ending. I felt so horrible for him hearing that barely anyone went to visit him in the hospital. They were all scared of "Gay Cancer". If you havent had a chance, check out the dvd's extra features. They are great. You get to see a life-size movable sculpture/sarcophagus of Nomi.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media