Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

extremely resistant to contams?
    #4327674 - 06/23/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

a while back I posted about a few jars that tipped when an foaf was pc-ing, wich caused water content to increase in jars(just some large areas that looked muddy or oatmeal like on the outside of the jars, most of the cakes are still normal in appearence)the foaf inoculated them anyway. Now the colonized fully but they are taking there sweet time on the wet spots....but they are colonizing!!! Its been over 23 days! No contams! B+ strain by the way...my question is what are the chances of these guys pulling through? Will it work!?

Second scenerio. My foaf successfully Pced another set of half pint jars with EQ strain. 2 of the six didnt seem to be colonizing. He thinks its because he innoced in the center of the jars...for stupid reasons. 20 days later...nothing..while others are 90-95% colonized. So he decides to open the jars....nothing. He smells the jars...familiar fungus smell...digs around the top verm layer with dirty finger..sure enough mycelium was growing from the center out...this was done to both jars(opened and played with, with dirty fingers not expecting to see anything.) Sprayed a little h202 on to and put foil back on. Next day Mycelium quadrupled in colonization...anyone know why? Also why havnt they contaminated yet if he stuck his finger in the damn jars???? Are these strains very resistant to contmans?? This is his first attempt this project by the way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #4327682 - 06/23/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

He is just lucky.. His fingers must not've been that dirty.. B+ isn't especially resistant to contam.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: Kalix]
    #4327695 - 06/23/05 06:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, luck was probably on his side. But you said he used some h202 after he touched it, and mycelium was present in the middle. It may have been organized enough to fight contams. The increase in growth is pobably from oppening  the lid. Allowing a little gas exchange. GL! :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------
Easily test the dosage of your tabs at home!:lsd:
qtests.org

Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Offlinegrow
i ^
Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #4327928 - 06/23/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i heard thai "Lipa Yai" is resistant to contams

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: grow]
    #4328416 - 06/23/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Congrats on the jars working... extra water issues can be a bitch. The worst part is waiting for what seems like forever. I had a tab too much water and its been 23 days now as well and the jars are just finishing up. Replacing the lids with coffee filters helps, along with some damp rid in the incubator. If you are careful about contams then you just have to wait.. and wait... but it'll pay off in the end.

--------------------

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: grow]
    #4328480 - 06/23/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

grow said:

It is... but i believe that KSSS takes the cake as far as that goes.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4328510 - 06/23/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

B+ isn't especially resistant to contam.

Quote:

but i believe that KSSS takes the cake as far as that goes.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but that's all bullshit.

No one strain is superior than the other at holding off any type of mold/bacteria.

It's all just based on what you've read and your exp.

It doesn't change the fact that they're just different strains.

If in optimal condtions and isolated properly...Any P.C would be just as resistant as the other.

-Gnostic

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4328521 - 06/23/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i disagree with you there gnostic. What about Orissa India that is resistant to green mold? Also, any strain that colonizes quick (like KSSS, or Lipa Yai), obviously will colonize a substrate faster, therefore creating less of a chance for contams to get a foothold.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4328529 - 06/23/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I believe your incorrect. Evolution plays a big part in every living thing. Some strains are from different areas where there may be a higher mold count than others. Biologically it becomes more resilient to different molds. But you know it all I am sure of that, so keep knocking people.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4328530 - 06/23/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Contams dont start on the mycelium, they start on uncolonized grain. If a contam spore is on an uncolonized grain, you think a few grains with a particular strain of cubensis on the other side of the jar, is gonna make a difference if you call those grains KSSS, Cambodian, Creeper, or any other name you want?

I mean I guess some strains would be more resistant to contams..the way their more resistant is speed and agression. If one strain takes 12 days to colonize a jar, and another takes 6 days, the one that takes 6 days would have less time to contaminate...but that all goes into how quickly the mycelium can cover uncolonized grains. I dont see how anyone can think some colonized grains in a jar could effect all the uncolonized ones in the jar...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4328560 - 06/23/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My Koh Samui come armed with Siamese attack cats. They are the trained kind.. and they leap across any jar and rip out the would be jugular of any mold ...  :samurai:

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: extremely resistant to contams? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4328570 - 06/23/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Of course, my argument goes right out the window if you have Siamese attack cats...

Or pirates... :chainsaw:  :pirate:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4328631 - 06/23/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

What about Orissa India that is resistant to green mold

Prove it.

Can you really say that it ACUALLY Fights againist it? Every time?

I'd honestly like to see that.

Quote:

Some strains are from different areas where there may be a higher mold count than others

That makes for a good argument IMO.

But do spores acually carry these traits?

If I prints a mute. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be a new strain that will all be mutes.

I've had about 5-6 strains so far.

Creeper I did the MOST work with. It got to the point where it held off green mold and like 3 others for a month. Then it dried out. Fought to the death.

I found that impressive.

So for the longest time I thought that creepers were the shit. Tried it with O/I's, then with Gt's, then with aussies,...Same thing.

But I don't believe that such traits pass through spores...Therefore their orgins are rather irrelivent...IMO.

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4328640 - 06/23/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Of course, my argument goes right out the window if you have Siamese attack cats...

Or pirates... :chainsaw:  :pirate:

Ditto.

lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate