Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTippinthru
contented

Loc: "The Garden"...
Geographically speaking...
    #4327834 - 06/23/05 10:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have found that there are certain places that the population is more in tuned with the mushroom high than others...It seems to me that the highest population (or what I catch from reading posts) seems to be the university crowds around major cities moreso on the coastlines...I'm from the desert and have found that not very many people have even tried the mushroom high (don't know what they are missing)...Is there an explanation for this? Or is it just they don't have a green thumb, because the desert is hard to grow anything? Anyone out there from the desert? Do you find the same situation in your area?

--------------------
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time...
[

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Geographically speaking... [Re: Tippinthru]
    #4327888 - 06/23/05 11:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe, I believe it requires a bit more research. :yesnod:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4327943 - 06/23/05 11:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

This has less to do with geography than it has to do with culture/lifestyle, in my opinion. I mean, the logic is in the very words you wrote - college campuses, around major cities. Not much to explain there...

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Geographically speaking... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4327973 - 06/23/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
This has less to do with geography than it has to do with culture/lifestyle, in my opinion. I mean, the logic is in the very words you wrote - college campuses, around major cities. Not much to explain there...

yep

--------------------

OfflineApache
Stranger
Male

#5294145 - 02/13/06 11:38 AM (11 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Tippinthru said:
I have found that there are certain places that the population is more in tuned with the mushroom high than others...It seems to me that the highest population (or what I catch from reading posts) seems to be the university crowds around major cities moreso on the coastlines...I'm from the desert and have found that not very many people have even tried the mushroom high (don't know what they are missing)...Is there an explanation for this? Or is it just they don't have a green thumb, because the desert is hard to grow anything? Anyone out there from the desert? Do you find the same situation in your area?

You know, I live in the High Desert and I find the same situation. I feel that no one understands how enlightening mushrooms can be. Perhaps it is the culture and or the lack of...

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #5294153 - 02/13/06 11:42 AM (11 years, 15 days ago)

i think it has a lot more to do with the culture than the availability. i talked to a lot of farmers in western norway who had no idea what liberty caps were even though they grew all over in the fall (and thus didn't mind me hunting on their fields at all :grin: ). i've also met a lot of people in college towns who have never grown nor hunted, but have tripped hundreds of times

--------------------

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
Re: Geographically speaking... [Re: Krishna]
    #5294164 - 02/13/06 11:49 AM (11 years, 15 days ago)

I also can relate... I live out in the southwestern desert, right next to the Mexican border. No one here has even seen a shroom, much less tried one. I do think it's partially cultural, though some of the more central Mexican people at least know what they are and may have tried them... They just aren't indigenous here and are hard to grow even if you do know what you're doing because it's freakin' DRY. Alot of it is dependant on how they're viewed too... here people are so out of touch that I've had a friends son (high school senior) ask me if they cause your brain to rot... he was serious. These folks are more accepting of coke and meth than they are of hallucinogens, probably because that's what's available, so they justify their high...

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Edited by mediman0078 (02/13/06 12:02 PM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Geographically speaking... [Re: mediman0078]
    #5294185 - 02/13/06 11:54 AM (11 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

mediman0078 said:
I live out in the southwestern desert, right next to the Mexican border.

Ever have border jumpers running through your property?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Re: Geographically speaking... [Re: daimyo]
    #5294194 - 02/13/06 11:58 AM (11 years, 15 days ago)

On numerous occasions... even had Border patrol dune buggies go chasing after drug runners out in the desert waaaay behind our pecan orchards. I just saw some dudes on dirt bikes hauling ass away from the BP 4x4's and that one dune buggy... i assumed that it was a load of smack or coke that the bikers were running for.... otherwise if BP catches ya, you get lunch, possibly a bed to sleep in, and a free ride home. No need to run from that if you can do it again the next day...

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5294207 - 02/13/06 12:04 PM (11 years, 15 days ago)

That's crazy stuff.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like seeing immigrants running around like that.  Only border I have is Erie, and I doubt the Canadians are gonna come here looking for refuge :lol:

Are you allowed to shoot them?

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Re: Geographically speaking... [Re: daimyo]
    #5294215 - 02/13/06 12:07 PM (11 years, 15 days ago)

I think so, yes... but I'm not going to... unless it's a band of those crazy-ass Juarez cartel fuckers. I'll mow those dickheads down. But for the other guys, hell, I sympathize with them. At least I sympathize with the guys who are just comming here to try and score some money to give their family and kids back in mexico a fighting chance. I've been there and if it were me, I'd be jumping the border too.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#5294553 - 02/13/06 02:03 PM (11 years, 15 days ago)

Have you read The Devil's Highway by Luis Alberto Urrea by any chance? Its a true story about a large group of Mexicans who crossed the border on foot with a couple of young, inexperienced Coyotes. Most of them ended up dying of thirst by the end... its an incredible story. Living so close to the action I thought you might be interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316746711/002-2279188-6108821?v=glance&n=283155

--------------------

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Re: Geographically speaking... [Re: Noviseer]
    #5294692 - 02/13/06 02:54 PM (11 years, 15 days ago)

That happens more often than you'd think... and sometimes when those people sign up with those Coyotes, they don't realize how vunerable a position they're in once they are in the US. A lot of them are literally sold into slavery. It's a shitty deal any way you cut it... you go broke to get here to make money for your family only to be railroaded into a whore house or some other kinda shit. Sad, but it happens all the time.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub