Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: What happens if pasteurization temp goes too high???? [Re: Roadkill]
    #4329135 - 06/23/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said:
you wouldn't have gotten any...

if you had pastuerized your horse poo.

MY point Exactly...

It's really not that hard OR that big of a deal to skip..IMO...

But more power to ya if you can get away with it :headbanger:

-Gnostic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What happens if pasteurization temp goes too high???? [Re: FooMan]
    #4329162 - 06/23/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The ratio of spawn to manure would be exactly the same as if you planned to actually do pasteurizing. Horse manure is pretty resistant to contaminates, more so than straw, and does well overall.

As I said, simply hydrate the manure, break up the nuggets, place into a colander, cover with foil and allow to drain for 30-60 minutes. During the drain period, have everything ready. I've even let it drain, covered, for 6 hours while I was at a barbecue and the moisture was perfect.

Doing this method will save you a bunch of time. I went from my horse manure storage container to placing my mixed spawn into my Double Tub in just an hour and a half. Definitely a time saver.

Do what feels right to you though.

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Re: What happens if pasteurization temp goes too high???? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4329294 - 06/23/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Should colonize just fine assuming proper water content + sufficient leaching if necessary.

Like roadkill said though, it WILL be a bit more sensitive to contamination. However, if you can stave it off until it is fully colonized you'll be good. Just be extra careful (not paraniod though).

I think people are blowing this out of proportion. I've heard of people BOILING their poo for an hour because of a particularly bacteria rich batch. It was spawned and incubated in completely non sterile conditions (non-sealed tupperware) and colonized beautifully.

I bet you'll be ok, but let us know regardless, if you would.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies