Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
Uncarved Block , Unbleached Silk
    #4327635 - 06/23/05 07:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This was the title of talk by Alan Watts....the simple title holds a very large truth as to who u really are.....Many people would look at the finished artwork as the thing that it truelly is....but in reality the truth is that the "unsculpted block" is your true nature.......when we come into this world at birth we are this "uncarved block" as we get older and go to schools and parents etc this begins to carve the stone starts to give it an image ...as time goes on this image gets more detailed and more defined it begins to believe its the image

when it believes that its truely is the image it has defined itself as only that...it has put limitations on what it does and what it can do.

when one gets outta that illusion it realizes it is the "uncarved block" it has always been there, it just couldn't see it because all of its awareness was focused on the image......

then when it is understood what true nature is .....it will then realize there are NO LIMITATIONS to what it can do(as well as judged good /evil things)....it can be or do anything.....it is pure unbounded potential

but one can always remain in the image.......which isn't such an awful thing.......a beautiful silk scarf or amazingly sculpted statue isn't so bad.......

for how can one see he is the "uncarved block" unless he's been "sculpted"....

just some early morning ramble :mushroom2:

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Uncarved Block , Unbleached Silk [Re: Billy1111]
    #4327639 - 06/23/05 07:22 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I love Alan Watts, especially the talk titled "om" 

"Listen....listen to that sound, down into that sound...what is it?"

:thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology