Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekraj
Stranger
Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity
    #4327062 - 06/23/05 01:49 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Hey there guys and girls -

Well lately i've dosed 5-6 times on mushrooms and the past few times I've been unable to squash the oh so common "mindfuck" and very negative feelings. Coupled with these feelings of "what did I do to myself" the past 3 times they've taken the express route out into the toilet.

I'm dosing somewhere around a month apart, and am in good mental health and preparedness. One thing worth mentioning is that within the year I broke up with a girl I was very much in love with and my stomach absolutely fell apart.

So I guess my question comes about in this...how have you guys been able to limit the negativity/mindfuck/guilt feelings and the subsequent sickness that i'm experiencing with mushrooms lately?

I did enjoy mushrooms in the past as they were not only powerful and semi-scary but at least fun. I'm kind of bummed out that something I looked forward to before isn't as exciting.

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
kraj

Edited by kraj (06/23/05 01:50 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: kraj]
    #4327100 - 06/23/05 01:56 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

I laugh at it. :shrug:

I know it sounds too simple to work, but things like Haha look what's it trying to do or Not like last time! and Never again! Cheer up, man, you're tripping! help.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

Offlinekraj
Stranger
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: Adden]
    #4330890 - 06/24/05 01:35 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Hate to bump my own post, but I posted this pretty late at night, wondering if anyone else had some input?

OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4331061 - 06/24/05 02:28 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Usually when I do shrooms I feel sick(I've never thrown up), tense, aggitated and irritable for the first 45 minutes. I just lay down and relax. After that I fall into a state of euphoria and have a wonderful trip. Perhaps it would be wise to wait until you get over the emotions of your recent breakup before trying shrooms again.

My advice is surround yourself with things that make you happy. Your favorite music, your best friends, ect ect. Whatever floats your boat.

I have read that weed really helps with the puking. Try smoking some before you eat the shrooms.

OfflineMiRrOr
Zeta Reticulan
Male
Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #4331069 - 06/24/05 02:31 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

hm...i dont post much but why not... maybe i shood post more often now that i think about it...

basically, i guess i and others would consider me a more "negative" person rather than "positive" or "optimistic"...

personally speaking i know i am a positive person and i can safely say i am definitiely one of only a few of us living that can actually appreciate the beauty around them...no matter what it may be in...

even if its just sumthing so "stupid" as staring at the moon and talking...

beauty is every here...in every hing...in every place...in every time...

HOWEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and i guess heres where the negativity comes in...

these "MINDFUCKS" you speak of.....guilt......etc etc....

they are just natural parts of life...you can either acknowledge the so called "truth"...or you can deny it and just be one of those people that see the good in everything...

so what im trying to say, simply is this...

the fact remains, there ISSS good in everything...

BUT,
at the same time...

there is also BAD in EVERY THING

think about it, it will make sense...

breathing is good...breathing is bad...
sex is good...sex is bad...
food is good...food is bad...
gas is good...gas is bad...
power is good...power is bad...
living is good...living is bad...

bottom line is, as theres peace,love, understanding....trees, birds, light... in many places.....but there is also corruption, death, darkness and sin lurking just inches from the same spot....

P. S. - it also depends what kind of "mindfuck" u are getting...

most of mine are holy shit times not moving etc etc yada yada...feeling "stuck in time" if u will....

in all seriousness, yes not only is it a very surreal feeling, but it is kinda "scary"...

i mean, if watching yourself age from young kid to teen to adult in the mirror is a mindfuck, it was one of the most GLORIOUS eye opening mindfucks ever...lol...

dont be scared... just ride the waves of the shroom, let it take u where it must, and theres not much u can say or do about it....

--------------------
"i don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows....i can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes....cinnamon, and sugary, and softly spoken lies, ya never know just how ya look in other peoples eyes"

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: MiRrOr]
    #4331089 - 06/24/05 02:44 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

You should post more, dude.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
    #4331594 - 06/24/05 10:29 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

What are you doing in the course of each trip to cause you to dwell on the negative?  Try doing something a bit more active, that engages your mind while dosed.  Also, try lowering your dose a bit?  I know that high doses can lead to hellish introspective bad trips, and also irritate your stomach which would explain the throwing up. 

Something I've taken to doing lately is during the comeup is to watch or do something that I really enjoy to sort of give my trip a very positive theme to it.  Example: One night as I was drinking down my mushroom OJ, I started watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  Once I started feeling effects (first felt them at the lizard scene!) I jumped forward to the part where Thompson gives his monologue about the 60's, and what an amazing time they were and so on, etc.  At the end, I knew that my generation would spend it's entire existence living in the shadow of the great ones who came before us, and that I, for one, would do my best to make them proud.  So I left the house, went to a KICKASS party, and played such a game of human chemistry set that HST was winking at me from the clouds when I was coming home.  :lol:

Mushrooms don't really give people a simple, kneejerk buzz like other "drugs".  With psychadelics, it's not so much the drug that affects you.  It just changes your perceptions.  Whether you have a good time or not depends entirely on your set, setting, mood, and mindset. That's why many people don't like them.  It shows them the limitations of their ego.

Hmmm... I seem to have gone on a bit of a tangent.  I hope that somewhere in all that I answered your question.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4331834 - 06/24/05 12:05 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Go With some friends somewhere with alot of nature. Last Time I ate the shrooms at my friends house then we got in the car. The car ride we listened to tool-Third Eye and i starting thinking those kind of thoughts. Then we arived at the park and It was a BEAUTIFUL day out and all the negtative thoughts vanished and we just walked along the stream looking at all the fishes and such and it was a glorious occasion. Just surround yourself with something gorgeous like that and you will be hard pressed to NOT have a good trip.

Offlinekraj
Stranger
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: Tangerines]
    #4334444 - 06/25/05 01:12 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Wow sorry I neglected this post a little. You guys are all awesome, thanks a ton for you're amazing responses. I think some aspects of the negativity come from people close to me learning i do drugs and their response and some of that guilt. It probably also deals with location and mindset and paranoia, but i'm determined to figure out myself.

Thanks again.

OfflineMiRrOr
Zeta Reticulan
Male
Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #4334800 - 06/25/05 03:11 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
You should post more, dude.

and why is that, my friend??

--------------------
"i don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows....i can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes....cinnamon, and sugary, and softly spoken lies, ya never know just how ya look in other peoples eyes"

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: MiRrOr]
    #4335248 - 06/25/05 08:50 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Take a break and come back to them when you are in a more secure mental state. I stopped for like 5 years, until my life and head were more suited to handle such things. I was still doing tons of acid, but couldn't handle the mushrooms after one night that I put seven grams in a blender with a glass of boiling water and slammed it. It was a strong pound we got that did similar to a few of my friends. Met a beautiful girl that night that still stops to whisper in my ear from time to time. Actually I don't think I'll ever eat more than an eighth at once again. I love the high, but actually fear the real trips.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Offlinejimmystubs
Backyard Chemist
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: MasonsChild]
    #13271905 - 09/30/10 09:19 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MasonsChild said:
Take a break and come back to them when you are in a more secure mental state. I stopped for like 5 years, until my life and head were more suited to handle such things. I was still doing tons of acid, but couldn't handle the mushrooms after one night that I put seven grams in a blender with a glass of boiling water and slammed it. It was a strong pound we got that did similar to a few of my friends. Met a beautiful girl that night that still stops to whisper in my ear from time to time. Actually I don't think I'll ever eat more than an eighth at once again. I love the high, but actually fear the real trips.

I am curious, do you think the mushroom high is easier to handle than the acid one?

I too have had troubled trips and lots of mind fuck lately. Unfortunately I dont have a method yet of silencing that ego centre that tells you the negative thoughts and creates anxiety. Be assured if I find a method, I will be posting it here.

Some people would say try a higher dosage, which will slam this ego centre of your brain into oblivion, at which point, you most likely will not care of dying or going crazy (or about much else other than what is in the present moment). Obviously with this method, you will still have to be uncomfortable until well into the trip when you are overpowered by the drug. I have been to this point a few times on mushies and whenever I can get there everything is so beautiful and I feel at one with the universe. Unfortunately my last trip I tried a higher dose and the results were terrrifying, with the voice in my head going completely crazy and running at a million miles per hour, thoughts felt like they were coming in waves crashing into my mind and I couldn't stop negative thought loops - it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life. It is possible I did not take enough to get to that place, but after the feelings I had, I am not willing to try an even higher dose in fear that it will just be the same but last alot longer.

I have decided to stay away from mushies for awhile, considering I cannot get to that beautiful place anyway, at least for the immediate future. I find my lack of self acceptance/trust in people is probably the primary cause, but there are also most likely other factors as well.

If you figure anything out about please enlighten me. Good luck in your journey.

--------------------
------

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free

Journal of an Australian finding supplies

Edited by jimmystubs (09/30/10 09:21 PM)

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: jimmystubs]
    #13271917 - 09/30/10 09:23 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I say a lower dose. I've taken plenty of moderatre-high doses, but a low dose of 2g Is just downright light and pleasant

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: SomeGuy]
    #13271966 - 09/30/10 09:31 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 05:19 AM)

Offlinejimmystubs
Backyard Chemist
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #13272541 - 09/30/10 11:35 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Johnny Depp said:
Mindfuck is the risk we shroomerites take. 
If it's not worth it, but you really want to trip, then get some other species of active mushrooms.  I hear some of them are a lot nicer

Are you talking about Gyms? Can you provide any examples? In Melbourne Australia we have two other types of psilocybe mushrooms: Gymnopilus sp. and Gymnopilus purpuratus. I am yet to try either but the idea on eating handfuls of them is not very appealing - I have heard of the famous Gym burp :smile:

If it would provide me with a nice trip different to subaeruginosa I'd be happy for it though, for some reason the subs seam to really kick my arse.

--------------------
------

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free

Journal of an Australian finding supplies

OfflinePrimalSoup
roll like a cantaloupe
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Mushroom Mindf*** and Negativity [Re: jimmystubs]
    #13273238 - 10/01/10 02:08 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

am curious, do you think the mushroom high is easier to handle than the acid one?

Dude, you're asking a 5 year old thread for an answer, there...  Just sayin...

Trying to silence your ego is like biting your teeth, find a way to go beyond it all outright and then work from there, if you can.

Peace
-PS

--------------------
endless source, endless river - river of no shape, river of no water - drifting invisibly from place to place

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep :awesomenod: Tea Tek :awesomenod: Potency Project! :awesomenod:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience