Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLostInAnEmptyBox
Stranger
Helpin' A Friend
    #4326728 - 06/22/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So, a short explanation and then a couple of questions.
I have a friend who is into all kinds of hallucinogens...loves acid, shrooms, pot, etc. I didn't mind it for a while because I knew it was just something he liked to do, but wasn't who he was, and I would never judge someone or base my friendship on their doing of drugs. But, lately it seems to have become a part of who he is. All he ever talks about is drugs, he's been blowing off hanging out with me because he's had to go the city to pick up "stuff for his party", forgets about dates and such, etc. He even came to my graduation party and was totally spaced out. He knew my family and teachers and people were gonna be there and it was important, and he came and he would just be sitting there and you'd ask him a question and his eyes wouldn't even move, they were just half-closed and he was totally not in there. Plus he was wearing sunglasses to hide his eyes cuz his pupils were so tiny and it was kind obvious...but you could tell anyway. I kept having to hit back into reality. I had asked him to come stay over the night before for our pre-party, but instead he went out with his guys to do whatever shit he did and came to the party on or was down from. Its just all this stuff is affecting his relationships with his parents, me, he's seeing things like giant spiders on the ceiling and flashes of light even when he's not on anything. He even says he thinks he's slowly going insane. I just hate going over his house and many times he's not himself anymore, it's starting to worry me, especially because I've lost 2 people I love to drug-related issues. I just don't wanna see him go downhill or have anything bad happen to him. He means so much to me, and now my mom after seeing him at my party like that and my whole family asking what was up, doesn't want me to see him anymore.

So my questions to you are 1)Do you have any clue what he could have been on that day at my party that he would have taken the night before and 2)What should I do? I think its starting to become a problem and too big a part of his life, and I don't want to abandon him, but I'm wondering what it will take to make him see what he's doing to himself before something bad beats me to it.

Edited by LostInAnEmptyBox (06/22/05 11:51 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Helpin' A Friend [Re: LostInAnEmptyBox]
    #4326740 - 06/22/05 11:44 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

How often does he do psychedelics?

It sounds like he doesn't realize he's doing them in the wrong situations.

OfflineLostInAnEmptyBox
Stranger
Re: Helpin' A Friend [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4326752 - 06/22/05 11:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I don't even know. He smokes pot every day and he's always talkin' about his trippin' with his friends. Plus he drinks a lot too...::shrugs::

Edited by LostInAnEmptyBox (06/22/05 11:50 PM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4326767 - 06/22/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

you'd ask him a question and his eyes wouldn't even move, they were just half-closed and he was totally not in there. Plus he was wearing sunglasses to hide his eyes cuz his pupils were so tiny and it was kind obvious

That's not hallucinogens, they normally dilate your pupils, though for some people their pupils stay mostly the same. It sounds like heroin or related opiates.

I seriously doubt hallucinogens are what's disturbing your friend. From what you say it sounds like he might be developing an opiate addiction.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4326770 - 06/22/05 11:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Just sit him down and talk to him. Tell him what you just said. Man I could be one of those anti-drug commercial producers ehh??

But it sounds like your right, he is becomming more and more dissatached from reallity every time you see him. You're in a hard situation right now. If you really start worrying about him tell his parents. I know that sounds like you will be the narc and everything, but if he really is as bad as you make it to be. Maybe its your only choice.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Helpin' A Friend [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4326781 - 06/23/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Man leave the guy alone, he's just having some fun :smile: No but seriously, talk with him about it if you think it's a big problem. If he doesn't listen, that's his fault, but don't kill yourself trying to help the guy........

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: Helpin' A Friend [Re: Ravus]
    #4326784 - 06/23/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
It sounds like heroin or related opiates.

I seriously doubt hallucinogens are what's disturbing your friend. From what you say it sounds like he might be developing an opiate addiction.

Exactly what it sounds like to me also. Your eyes are usually bugged out when you're doing hullucinogens (wide and very big pupils). It sounds to me like everytime you see your friend he is noddin off on Heroin,Morphine,Oxycodone, one of the stronger opiates. :nonono:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Helpin' A Friend [Re: Ravus]
    #4326787 - 06/23/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I missed that part.

Yeah I agree, definitely opiates.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub