Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFoci
me?
Loc: north pole
mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 help
    #4325893 - 06/22/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys! +5 :mushroomgrow: for help!

Ok i have the option to live with my friend now and he is cool with me growing shrooms there (as long as i give him some :lol:. the problem is: This guy keeps the place like a fucking pig stye.  :noway: Now I'm willing to clean the shit out of it so i have as sterile place as possible (plus i'm not about to live in a pig pen!!) but i need help and ideas on what i need to do.

#1 I need to know what suplies i need.
#2 I need to know how would be the best way to do it.

here are the specs on the apartment. It is very dirty, lots of dust. probably mold spores and shit. (but then again mold isn't easy on my lungs and i do ok there. I have noticed cockroaches there :projectile: only 1... but where there is one there are always more. I also notice spiders webs up in the corners and such.

#3, should i hire a fumigator? I'm willing to front the money for a fumigator guy to come and nuke the apartment. but don't want to waste the money if i can take care of the bug problem but cleaning the place up. plus i don't like the idea of chemicals being in the air i breathe.

#4 should i shampoo the carpet?

#5 would it be a good idea to invest in an air filter? what is the cheapest one i could get?

lastly he has a bunch of boxes full of crap that i can't really do anything about, except maybe move into a closet and cover them with plastic (or have any other ideas for this problem?)

i'm thinking of spraying lysol on EVERYTHING. any other house hold chemicals/disinfectants that would be helpful for cloth material? like the couch?

Like i said I know this guy is a fucking pig  :piggy: so please save your comments on that. This is my only option atm. :shrug:

I'm looking for serious help and advice to make this a proper (clean) growing environment.

+5 :mushroom2: to any useful input and help/advice! :smile:

thankyou shroomery.org! i love you guys!

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 help [Re: Foci]
    #4325917 - 06/22/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Which is it? You start out by saying you have the option and end up by saying it's your only option.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 help [Re: HippieChick]
    #4325919 - 06/22/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sounds good, i just want my 5 shrooms

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineWojo
Self ProclaimedAsshole
Loc: Detroit Son
Re: mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 help [Re: Foci]
    #4325932 - 06/22/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think your going a little crazy, You absolutely do not need to shampoo the carpet unless you want to for reasons not related to your cultivation project. My house isnt exactly "clean", and i only get the mean green, and only after the 2nd or 3rd flush. Once the fungus has taken over its substrate, it can pretty much fight off all competitors.

Sorry, i was babbling. My point is that since you have sterilized your jars, and the needle going into the jars, you dont have much chance of contam's.

You dont need to have a sterile place to grow mushrooms, if you did i would bet that most people on this site would fail. Look around, how many posts do you see that say "First flush, my first mushrooms" etc..

~woj

Offlinedoubledog2
Carry a bigstick
    #4325934 - 06/22/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well I suppose you'd preferably want to clean  out a smaller area (like your own room) rather than the whole apartment. If just your room is clean then it should be fine.

If the carpet is really bad, I'd highly suggest shampooing it, rugs can hold all kinds of nasty bacteria and shit, none of which you want near your shrooms...

There's going to be new contams everytime you open your window but if your serious about having a sterile environment to grow an air filter can only help, but good ones can be expensive. It depends, your paying for quality... there is an anti-bacterial air filter on ebay for about 40 bucks that I'm thinking about purchasing, you may want to take a look.

But again, your paying for your quality, a top notch air filter would be something along the lines of those ionic breezes but those run a coupla hundred bucks.

Spraying down the house with Lysol will only get rid of what it can get to. Old couches are another huge bacteria point, especially if it has gotten wet, I'd keep them far away from your growing area..

Bottom line, I'd try to get a specific and small area to grow... clean that out the best you can, filter the air if it's connected to the rest of the house, shampoo the carpet if around one, and spray the fuck out of everything with some anti-bacterial spray.

Good luck man, I can't live in a dirty environment like that either.

doubledog2

InvisibleFoci
me?
Loc: north pole
Re: mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 help [Re: doubledog2]
    #4326128 - 06/22/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

doubledog2 said:
Spraying down the house with Lysol will only get rid of what it can get to. Old couches are another huge bacteria point, especially if it has gotten wet, I'd keep them far away from your growing area..

Bottom line, I'd try to get a specific and small area to grow... clean that out the best you can, filter the air if it's connected to the rest of the house, shampoo the carpet if around one, and spray the fuck out of everything with some anti-bacterial spray.

Good luck man, I can't live in a dirty environment like that either.

doubledog2

what would be a good way to clean the couch?

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Offlineselar_doir
boner sponge

Re: mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 [Re: Foci]
    #4326254 - 06/22/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

don't forget to check underneath fridges and dishwashers for any bits of food that might have gone unnoticed, as well as avoiding growing in the air stream from the A/C system vents, since you probably can't do anything about what's in the ducts.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 [Re: selar_doir]
    #4326282 - 06/22/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Spraying Lysol around is an excellent idea as is investing in a bottle of either Oust Air Sanitizer, or Lysol Neutra Air, they are less harsh on the lungs for spraying the air. You should probably rent a carpet shampooer if it is an apartment you just moved into, well because it's nice to have carpet you're not afraid to lay down on.

Devote a closet to your growing, and keep it seperate, preferably sealed from the environment of the rest of the apartment, be careful to use rubbing alcohol and neutra air or oust liberally, and you should be fine!

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinekimikiri
 User Gallery

Loc: Aboard an alien vessel
    #4326572 - 06/22/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It really all depends on your tek... let us know what you are planning on doing then we can all guide you a little better  :grin:

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offlinedoubledog2
Carry a bigstick
    #4326646 - 06/22/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

To clean the couch I'd unzip the covers, assuming they could be, and run the covers through the washing machine. The insides might have some cleaning instructions but if not I'd soak in some bleach and water for about 30 minutes and then clean off with straight water and let air dry for a very long time, to be sure there is no water deep in the cushion. I'm not really sure what type of couch it is so I'm not sure but see if it has any directions on the tag...

OfflineCandyClown
Stranger
Re: mushroom environment in new apartment. need tips on how to clean the shit outta this place.+5 4 help [Re: doubledog2]
    #4327325 - 06/23/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think you worry too much. Just keep the area you'll work on clean (your own room), and you shouldn't have much problems. I have grown in the garage... car going in and out, dust everywhere, spiders, ants, maybe mice, etc. I made sure I sprayed with lysol before doing anywork, opening the incubator, fruiting chamber, etc. and didn't really have problems until 3rd flush or so. Just keep your area clean and you should be okay.

Good luck.

OfflineICU812
Stranger
    #4327690 - 06/23/05 06:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I saw a portable, fits in your hand sized steam cleaner at Wal-Mart that would be perfect for the job of cleaning furniture. I think a steam cleaner would produce steam, and that should be sterile. Or close to it anyhow. Makes cleaning a couch an easy job!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale