Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Jiffy Mix
    #4325167 - 06/22/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is store bought "Jiffy Mix" pretty much the same as 50/50+? I need an easy casing that I don't have to mess with too much to get the proper PH. I know it's easy to make my own but I'm lazy when it comes to certain aspects of cultivation. If this question has been answered already on the message boards, please post the thread for me. Thanks.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: FooMan]
    #4325353 - 06/22/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sure heres a thread.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php?Cat=0

Instead of asking someone to look it up for you, stop bieng lazy and look it up yourself.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4325405 - 06/22/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: Funny, but I tried that and all I got were grow logs where people used Jiffy Mix, but not whether or not it had the right PH level. Thanks anyway for the comedy.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: prefloppro]
    #4325456 - 06/22/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

From the Shroomery message board posting guidelines:

"Please do not give anyone a hard time for asking a question...there is hardly any stupid questions...well there are some.
But be nice or don't reply if you're gonna be mean!"

When I see someone ask a question that I know has already been answered, I'll help them out as best I can anyway. There are a mountain of posts in here and it's sometimes hard to find exactly what you need. If you're going to take the time to read my post and put your 2 sense in, at least offer some real help.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4325499 - 06/22/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

not sure about the ph being adjusted or not. look on the bag and see what it says, if anything or get some ph strips or a tester and see what you get. never used jiffy before, good luck.
imo there are times to be lazy but that is after you do your thing. not to be mean, lol.
peace

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4325541 - 06/22/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My bad sorry dude.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: backupwards]
    #4325571 - 06/22/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I want to know if that works to. If you find out please PM me. I have been looking around at old threads and stuff but no one knows lol, it should, but let me know. K? Wheres RK or Diver? they know, they know every thing, not to mention there cute....wait was that a gay moment? I hope I'm not typing out loud again.  :humpme:

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: thremix]
    #4325744 - 06/22/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Good grief guys, just answer the ? with knowledgable input! Yes! It works great as a casing layer. Yes! It has a lime buffer also. Just hydrate in H20 and squeeze it out ot field capacitaded moisture.

OfflineWojo
Self ProclaimedAsshole
Loc: Detroit Son
Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4325774 - 06/22/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just to add in, jiffy mix is probably the easiest casing mix to use besides verm which is just about as easy, i just pack it right out of the bag into jars, then PC the jiffy mix for about 15 mins. Once all thats done, just mix it up with a 10% by volume solution of regular h2o2 (you mix the 10%, its 10% by volume of a 3% stock h2o2)
I havent had much contams on this at all. The mean green once or twice but it was always after the 2nd or 3rd flush.

~woj
~woj

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: Wojo]
    #4325952 - 06/22/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hotnutz is a hot head lol, but I still love ya.

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4325954 - 06/22/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

can one microwave the jiffy mix? if so how long?

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: prefloppro]
    #4326427 - 06/22/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

prefloppro said:
My bad sorry dude.

No biggie. I like to put in a wisecrack every now and then myself. I understand members' frustration when the same freakin' questions get asked over and over again, but we were all newbies once and it takes some time to learn how to navigate the site. I did give it an honest effort to try to find the answer to my question before posting it. I was almost positive that there was a post or 2 in here somewhere that talked about the Jiffy mix specifically, but I damn sure couldn't find it. Thanks for the help guys! Shroomery members are some of the best people around :thumbup: :headbanger:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #4326772 - 06/22/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thremix said:
can one microwave the jiffy mix? if so how long?

Yes.  I usually nuke mine twice for 5 mins each time, with a minute or so in between.  Although, lately I've been using it right out of the bag and haven't noticed a difference at all as far as contam or yield.... GL bro :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Jiffy Mix [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4326783 - 06/22/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thanks.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom