Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebarisk
Psychonaut Doctor

Making a use of contaminated grains
    #4324435 - 06/22/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hi folks,
I am thinking to use my contaminated grains as a substrate again.Is it possible?
As we PC them isn't all bacteries and their proteins denaturated.In my way of thinking it is better because bacteries uses the foods and make them in more free form.Is water content will be a problem ?
Has anyone tried this ?
Thank you...

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: Making a use of contaminated grains [Re: barisk]
    #4324444 - 06/22/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Never tried it, but it seems like a sound idea. Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Making a use of contaminated grains [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4324696 - 06/22/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was thinking about doing the same thing once, but ended up throwing away the grains to avoid waisting precious spores. I would also like to know how it goes. Keep us informed.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Making a use of contaminated grains [Re: FooMan]
    #4324706 - 06/22/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

put your contam'd grains outside in a pot and let them grow naturally. ive grown outdoors that way before. usually nature destroys the contams and allows for the cubes to grow.

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: Making a use of contaminated grains [Re: yousuck]
    #4324736 - 06/22/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yousuck said:
put your contam'd grains outside in a pot and let them grow naturally. ive grown outdoors that way before. usually nature destroys the contams and allows for the cubes to grow.

I agree I have a contaminated jar burial ground, since most of the jars do have a lot of mycelium, I get composted cow manure and bury them I have 5 different cubes that pop up out there, but this only works if you live in proper climate like Florida :smile:

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4324737 - 06/22/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

when you PC something you aren't killing 100% everything in the jar. the idea behind PCing is to kill off most competitors, i think of it as out-running the mold. If you have a jar full of green mold spores chances are something is going to grow back. I'm still interested in how this works out for you. best of luck to ya  :thumbup:

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: Making a use of contaminated grains [Re: djsage420]
    #4325040 - 06/22/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome! I just buried my contams in my backyard (in Florida) with cow manure.

Question: Did you eat the shrooms..? .. No problems? Did it rain a ton while you had yours? Did it affect it?

Thanks
~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Making a use of contaminated grains [Re: Quiescence]
    #4325834 - 06/22/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i didnt eat em cause it really wasnt necessary, i just thought it looked cool having shrooms growing in my back yard.

it rains everyday, im sure you would know that. having them in direct rain may melt em if their on the ground, thats why i say to stick it in a flower pot so they can support themselves. i left the pot under the easement so they dont get drowned in water.

OfflineInterested
Stranger
    #4326004 - 06/22/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I recall at least one successful report of someone doing this in the archives. Searching should turn it up.

My biggest fear would be from mycotoxins produced by mold. PCing the jar will definitely kill the mold, but it won't remove the toxins that the produced while it was alive.

How comfortable I would be with eating the product of such an experiment would go on a case by case basis. Bacillus subtilis? I wouldn't be that concerned. Aspergillus nidulaus (black mold)? You couldn't pay me.

I don't really understand why someone would want to. It's not like any commonly used substrate is remotely expensive, so why risk it?

In short: I don't doubt that sufficient PCing will kill whatever is inside the jar, but I'd be hesitant anyway because of what it left behind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale