Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe!
    #4324312 - 06/22/05 12:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! Please discuss this posability!

Heres the 'system of a down' lyrics that inspired this thread:

Prison Song

They're trying to build a prison,

Following the rights movements
You clamped on with your iron fists,
Drugs became conveniently
Available for all the kids,
Following the rights movements
You clamped on with your iron fists,
Drugs became conveniently
Available for all the kids,

I buy my crack, my smack, my bitch
right here in Hollywood.

Nearly 2 million Americans are incarcerated
In the prison system, prison system,
Prison system of the U.S.

They're trying to build a prison, (for you and me to live in)
Another prison system,
Another prison system,
Another prison system. (for you and me to live in)

Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our taxes paying for your wars
Against the new non-rich,
Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our taxes paying for your wars
Against the new non-rich,

right here in Hollywood.

The percentage of Americans in the prison system
Prison system, has doubled since 1985,

Another prison system,
Another prison system,
For you and I, for you and I , for you and I.

For you and me,
Oh baby, you and me.

All research and successful drug policy show
That treatment should be increased,
And law enforcement decreased,
While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences,
All research and successful drug policy show
That treatment should be increased,
And law enforcement decreased,
While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences.

Utilizing drugs to pay for secret wars around the world,
Drugs are now your global policy,
Now you police the globe,

right here in Hollywood.

Drug money is used to rig elections,
And train brutal corporate sponsored
Dictators around the world.

Another prison system,
Another prison system,
For you and I, for you and I , for you and I.
For you and me,
Oh baby, you and me.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: Ego Death]
    #4324376 - 06/22/05 12:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! Please discuss this posability!

Why is this a possibility? Have you heard something about this from somewhere more reliable than a pop song?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: Ego Death]
    #4324392 - 06/22/05 12:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

They don't need drug money to do it. They do it well enough with our tax dollars already.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: Silversoul]
    #4324399 - 06/22/05 12:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Donkeys are secretly controlling congress! Please discuss this possibility!

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: Phluck]
    #4324408 - 06/22/05 12:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nonsense. The elephants clearly have the majority.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4324424 - 06/22/05 12:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you mean in latin america, or what?

i don't think drug money has that close of ties to bush&co (well, pharmacutical drug money, probably)

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: Krishna]
    #4324438 - 06/22/05 01:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, it's usually not so much a matter of rigging elections so much as arming militias against governments we don't like and arming governments who we do like.

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: Silversoul]
    #4324614 - 06/22/05 01:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think the song is more about promoting awareness of how f'd our incarceration priorities are.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4325920 - 06/22/05 07:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't believe i'm getting fucked in the ass until I see it in a medium sponsered by the cock itself

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4328066 - 06/23/05 12:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

Why is this a possibility? Have you heard something about this from somewhere more reliable than a pop song?

I would of answered if you hadn't intended to suttley annoy me by adding the unnessacery word 'pop'.

Naaa don't wanna stoop that low...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4328075 - 06/23/05 12:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

pop = popular

Since System of a Down has had many videos on MTV, it's fair game to call them "pop."

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4329161 - 06/23/05 05:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Naaa don't wanna stoop that low...

It's 'low' to justify wild accusations?

And no, I wasn't trying to subtly annoy you by using the word 'pop'. It is a pop song, it's popular music.

Seriously though, do you have any evidence other than song lyrics? And before you refer me to your post in the drug war forum, speculation is not evidence. Allow me to explain.

I could state that Coca Cola is secretly putting cocaine back in 10% of their bottles. I could go on to state that I believe they are doing this because the stimulant effects have felt a little more powerful than normal sometimes. Also, they have much to gain, if people are getting addicted to their drink, they will obviously purchase more, and by only putting it in 10% of the bottles, they will be able to avoid detection.

However, this is completely made up. It's simply a creative justification for my theory. Actual evidence would be a variety of samples of Coca Cola from around the world containing cocaine, a statement from a Coca Cola employee verifying this theory, etc...

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#4332441 - 06/24/05 02:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Like anybody here really believes that. Say what you like but the people here are not that dumb.

Why add the word?
There is no reason for this (oh sorry its your 'creativity'). Why would you want to inform me that they are popular. I know this and it is out of context with your reply.

Sounds like Phlucks idea of creativity is how to be suttley annoying but always hold a 'seemingly' rational response if someone calls your bluff. That could be a psychological delusional disorder.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #4333143 - 06/24/05 06:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Settle down and get back on topic. Address the issue -- not the one who comments on the issue -- or don't post at all.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: Phred]
    #4335547 - 06/25/05 12:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:sorry:

Back on topic:

A pilot accused of smuggling ?22 million worth of cocaine into Britain told a jury that he had been working for an "arm of the CIA" when he was arrested.

www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/2347893.stm

http://www.ciadrugs.com/

I think this is really interesting.  Possible evidence of the government involvement...

--------------------

Edited by danoEoboy (06/25/05 12:43 PM)

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

#4335588 - 06/25/05 12:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

if i ever get caught with anything, ill just claim i was working for an arm of the chinese intelligence agency. they'll never know that i wasnt actually a pawn of international warfare.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #4486519 - 08/02/05 08:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
:sorry:

Back on topic:

A pilot accused of smuggling ?22 million worth of cocaine into Britain told a jury that he had been working for an "arm of the CIA" when he was arrested.

www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/2347893.stm

http://www.ciadrugs.com/

I think this is really interesting.  Possible evidence of the government involvement...

That BBC link isn't working.

I thought it was just sort of understood that crack cocaine became available during the "Just say no!" bullshit , while Bush Sr. was VP, after controlling the CIA and pretty much allowing Contragate.  The drugs were here amongst the poor black inner city to (a) reduce blacks to slavery once again, (b) raise money for arms, and (c) provide a greater push for Republican reform of DEA laws, in terms of greater powers over the average citizen.

The fact that we're fighting in Afghanistan and heroin is flowing into the streets as if the fire hydrant had busted open is another case in point. Heroin is already seriously addictive or you could be sure a new and super heroin would be created to make it even more consumer controlling.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: eve69]
    #4486580 - 08/02/05 08:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

For the better part of a decade, a San Francisco Bay Area drug ring sold tons of cocaine to the Crips and Bloods street gangs of Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to a Latin American guerrilla army run by the US Central Intelligence Agency." So begins the controversial three part series, published last August, by Gary Webb in the San Jose Mercury News.

The story makes the allegation that beyond selling drugs in America in the 1980's, the US-backed Contra rebels, fighting a Cuban-backed Nicaraguan regime, were largely responsible for introducing crack-cocaine into the US. This issue has raised interest to the point that a Senate Select Committee on Intelligence has begun hearings on it.

The story has been picked up by other news organizations, notably The Washington Post and The Los Angeles Times. These two papers question some of Mr. Webb's sources and his findings, especially regarding the introduction of crack into America, the targetting by Contra dealers of African-American communities and the involvement of the CIA.

In his defense, Mr. Webb told The Washington Post that "this (series) doesn't prove the CIA targeted black communities. It doesn't say this was ordered by the CIA... Essentially our trail stopped at the door of the CIA."

A 1989 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report that looked into this issue also stopped just short of implicating the CIA. It stated, "There are some serious questions as to whether or not US officials involved in Central America failed to address the drug issue for fear of jeopardizing the war effort against Nicaragua."

Senator John Kerry (D-MA), Chairman of that sub-Committee, had this to say about the recent allegations raised by Mr. Webb and others, "There is no question in my mind that people affiliated with, or on the payroll of the CIA were involved in drug trafficking while involved in support of the Contras, but it is also important to note that we never found any evidence to suggest that these traffickers ever targeted any one geographic area or population group."

The CIA is investigating the matter further as is the Justice Department. In 1988 the Deputy Director of the CIA, Robert Gates, led a three day investigation into the affair concluding that "all allegations that the CIA condoned, abetted or participated in narcotics trafficking are absolutely false."

With such differing views coming from within government, clearly some issues remain to be answered.

Our Forum asks? Was the government involved in alleged drug sales by the Contras in the US? Are you satisfied that Mr. Webb's research supports his allegations of widespread Contra involvement in the American crack trade? Has the government been diligent enough in it's investigation of this issue? What should happen if proof of CIA involvement arises?

--------------------
...or something

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
Re: Black (drug) money is used to rig elections, around the globe! [Re: eve69]
    #4487156 - 08/02/05 11:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I saw this on T.V. once. Alot of BIG people in the gov. came out and said that the CIA did have involvement. John Kerry was one of them, I think he was a senator at the time.

But I mean that was a long time ago. I've seen no proof of current involvement.

But if they are, I could almost grantee you it would be meth nowadays. Being that it's got one of the highest profit margins, and it's use is pretty fucking wide spread in any area, in multiple different demographics.

But honestly I really don't think the CIA has to make so much illegal money anymore. I can't even imagine the amount of money that is thrown at them now. But I know it has to be Billions.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4487283 - 08/03/05 12:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

While there may be some validity to CIA connections to cocaine, just because some pilot who got busted claims to be involved with them doesn't mean he actually is. Keep in mind the guy is looking at a huge amount of jail time, he's likely to say just about anything if he thinks it might help him get off.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion