Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrefect
Stranger
Help - First timer
    #4319309 - 06/20/05 11:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Okay - What i am growing in can only be desribed as bags, with a filter to put a needle injected spore reserve into it. Unfornately, i dont know what they are called, so i cant get more specific information on them. Basically a friend ordered them from www.organja.com so im assuming theyre called the Spawn Bagz. Unfornately i could not find any pictures.

Anyways, I am not sure what happened to the growing instructions and i do not want to lose the already processed spores. The gravel or whatever is in the bags is almost completely white. I can take pictures if it is allowed.

Does anyone have any information on these bags at all? Please help.

-New but fellow grower

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: Help - First timer [Re: Prefect]
    #4319402 - 06/21/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well I got some from organja.com they look difrent from the website weird huh? any way they will grow in the bag, read some on it and you will see. scroll down and you can see old threads about it they are called myobags, you got them from ebay right? they sell they bags on ebay much less then there web site.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Help - First timer [Re: thremix]
    #4319409 - 06/21/05 12:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Oh yah pics are OK put them up foo!

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

OfflinePrefect
Stranger
    #4320171 - 06/21/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was doing research ALL night. Turns out the bags are called Spawn Bags. Not Spawn bagz like organja.com says. This made my whole world easier. I am pretty educated now thanks to this wonderful board.

Now, i do have concerns. I am seeing green and yellow. This is not good my friends. :frown: Take a look at the pics yourself and you tell me what you think.

These bags were not mushed around at 20%, and have been sitting idle for about 3 weeks id say, maybe 4. Think it would just be best for me to start over and do it correctly? I was not in charge of this operation from start, it was handed to me just recently. Thanks again guys, but these look like duds to me!

http://img28.echo.cx/img28/5048/mvc903f5sz.jpg
http://img28.echo.cx/img28/3803/mvc902f2uy.jpg
http://img12.echo.cx/img12/4366/mvc901f4fo.jpg

Sorry the camera sucked. If you need more photos please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4320809 - 06/21/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hum..... lets hope the big guys come around and school us. I hope My bags don't get like that. Oh and I thought they were called bagz to till some of the guys around here slaped me and called me names, then took my money and ran, after that I called them bags, every thing has been OK.

what kind of temp you got them in? and rh?

--------------------

OfflinePrefect
Stranger
    #4321170 - 06/21/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well for fear of getting bad shrooms, we tossed the bags. We're reordering only doing 6 bags this time. They were in 70-75 temp, but now that we have had them for about a week, its been in outdoor temps of no colder than 80, no higher than 95. Obviously there was a lot with the environment that has tampered with them, so i figure i'll just start over.

Goodluck to you, i suggest trying multiple strains, i read that some dont grow quite as easily.

Happy shrooming.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4321201 - 06/21/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

is the yellow a liquidous type stuff or what? could just be myc piss.
not sure from the pics. post them in the contam forum and you will get more responses.
peace

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4321274 - 06/21/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

don't know what that is, but i don't think it looks good :frown:
hopefully you won't have that again, but if you do, please post pics in the contamination forum.

Driver, R U sleeping :crazy:

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Help - First timer [Re: deanofmean]
    #4322983 - 06/21/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yes, where is the man they call "Driver?" I hear he is good, a little to good.....humm.... Alien? maybe, maybe not.

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4322993 - 06/21/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you mean diver?

Offlinekimikiri
 User Gallery

Loc: Aboard an alien vessel
    #4323133 - 06/21/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prefect said:
im assuming theyre called the Spawn Bagz.

assume = ass u me (anytime you assume you make an ass outta yourself)

Lets think about this for a second... you are growing something that you have NO IDEA for sure what it is... If you dont know what you are growing then my advice to you is to just STOP!

And that yellow muck in your bags is a contam of some sort for sure...

Get rid of your bags and start fresh... and be 100% sure about what you are doing... this isnt a game, it is your life, so be serious.

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Help - First timer [Re: kimikiri]
    #4323217 - 06/22/05 12:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus.....what can one say to that? I mean, I wish I was born with this great knowledge that kimikiri was certainly born with, since he never went through the initial state of learning, it must have saved him time AND money. Way to go "rock on,"

your mean.

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4323352 - 06/22/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, I just understand how he feals. I didnt mean those things I said.

--------------------

Offlinekimikiri
 User Gallery

Loc: Aboard an alien vessel
    #4323380 - 06/22/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thremix...

I did not mean to hurt any ones feelings... but this is not a game... this is someones life.. and when someone is considering consuming an unidentified CONTAMINATED substrate/mushroom... well then I do feel that it is my duty to at least blow a whistle.

NUFF SAID

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

OfflineDoctor
Strangled
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Help - First timer [Re: kimikiri]
    #4323411 - 06/22/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You will not die by leaving them alone and seeing what happens. If it's a contaminant you will surely find out soon enough. Gl

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Help - First timer [Re: Doctor]
    #4324090 - 06/22/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sorry kim,

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #4324112 - 06/22/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

He never consumed a contaminated mushroom. He threw it away on his own. He obviously is smart enough not to eat green mold.

I can understand your concern, but I am sure most everyone here has started on this website, learned, and then attempted to grow. This is just how the timeline worked out. That or someone experienced showed us what was going on.

This guy has not been here, has not read the teks, and does not know what he is doing. He was presented with an oppertunity, and went for it. I see nothing wrong with learning first hand, even if you have no text book to go off of. He was presented with a problem, searched the internet and landed here. Since then he himself has said to have become "educated."

All this without consuming anything deadly. I think his innitiative is more than most people have. Good luck

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4324130 - 06/22/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Please post any contamination pics/issues in the contam forum next time. Not sure where this thread is headed, but it looks like it has fizzled out.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck