Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Being yoruself
    #4323255 - 06/22/05 12:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

can be really hard but at the same time, who else could you be?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Being yoruself [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #4323276 - 06/22/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It sounds really simple, but it takes some time to figure yourself out. Things are complex.

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #4323279 - 06/22/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know what you mean. Alot of times I am intimidated to not be my full potential so i just won't say something.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4323282 - 06/22/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That was the thought in my head all this weekend. I just stared at the fire and wondered about that.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Being yoruself [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4323285 - 06/22/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i just recently got to know myself.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Male

Re: Being yoruself [Re: Todcasil]
    #4323290 - 06/22/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In the Biblical sense? :naughty:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4323299 - 06/22/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yup, I still don't think I've figured myself out yet.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#4323306 - 06/22/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's funny you should say that, Robot. I'm still trying to figure out my lesson about being yourself from this weekend. I think I did a pretty good job. :P

--------------------

Male

Re: Being yoruself [Re: CherryBom]
    #4323322 - 06/22/05 12:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I always think of the self as a prism...and like, you is simply the sum of your input and how you process it and refract it back out...and that goes for the moment and the now, and for you over time as a greater sense...so all this weekend I spent so much time staring into the fire and it was like I just became the fire (there were chemical aids to this sensation :wink:) and burning was my purpose...it was really peaceful.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
    #4323342 - 06/22/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i dunno, really hard to be me consider if i was me i wouldnt wear clothes, id just be naked all day... yea, thats the life.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#4323345 - 06/22/05 12:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You know... that sounds about as close to the truth as you can get.  Using words, anyway.  :tripping:

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4323356 - 06/22/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I am always myself..I am not trying to impress anyone..or trying to fit in...I am an individual.. :rolleyes: :tongue2:

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Being yoruself [Re: Skunk420]
    #4323364 - 06/22/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

but how can you be yourself when we have to follow rules that we dont set for ourselves? im my own personality and everything, but damn id like to be naked more often.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Being yoruself [Re: PreparationH]
    #4323395 - 06/22/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I dont follow rules..I do not to an extent, if I didnt i would be in jail...get it?? no one is forcing you to do shit..if you break thier law..then prepare to suffer...if you dont like it move to a land that has no rules..hahaha :lol: good luck kid..

Edited by skunk78395 (06/22/05 12:40 AM)

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#4323418 - 06/22/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's not always even the rules that we set for ourselves.  Sometimes it's the rules that other people set for us.  Figures of authority, family and even the law.

I'm as true to myself as I can be...but some of the people who I love the most have no idea who I really, really am.  No clue.  I guess what matters tho, is that sometimes ignorance = peace.  Grammas just love you no matter what.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#4323457 - 06/22/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i guess in a sense you could always spin it around and say your being yourself by following the rules because thats what you do. its not that im saying i do whats popular at the moment, cause heh i havent done that stuff since grade school, but theres always something holding you back from doing EVERYTHING you want to be and do. if it was up to me, id be naked 24/7 and have fun all day... but the law protects people from having to see what im packin. Zing

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#4323478 - 06/22/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So, do you want to be naked?

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#4323492 - 06/22/05 01:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hell yea, in public any time anywhere, but i cant. (i really dont care to be naked im just using this as a good example)

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#4323503 - 06/22/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

can you truly be yourself out in public sometimes is what im saying, if you smoke weed, you cant smoke outside in any old place

Edited by PreperationH (06/22/05 01:06 AM)

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Being yoruself [Re: Redstorm]
    #4323507 - 06/22/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

We are complex systems, beautifully so, and knowing yourself does take a lot of experience. You have to have strong memories of yourself...

Its weird, there is this certain nostalgic memory that I get whenever something is just a certain way...the way they should be all the time, really...It carries feelings of safety, relief, contentness. The memory is from my childhood. Its night time and I'm lying on a couch at my uncle's house in the northern mountains of Wexico, with my family outside in summertime and I can hear and visualize the bug zapper that they were standing around in the back corner of the massive, oaked yard. The sound of frying bugs echoed through the rocks and trees and it was all somehow peaceful and right.

And though that's just one piece of myself, a speck of dust when counted against all of the other things that have shaped me, it sticks out, cuz it represents not only some historical record, but the state we all long for.

I like to think of life as the point at which experience meets choice. But its not just experience, its everything related to you, hormones, dna, the whole backstage you when the curtain is up and you are exposed to the now.

Life has the potential to give you one choice per second, and you are never fully aware of which choice will lead you toward that sense of contentment, and you meet that point just a total collage of yourself, with nothing but experience to guide you. Even choosing to sit around on a couch can be a substantial choice, because its time you can be spending doing an infinite number of other things at that moment, whether it be reading, working out, walking accross country, buying a jump rope, or taking a shit.

So you have to be comfortable enough with yourself in order to able to make good decisions. Your mind has to be as clear as possible, you practically have to be in the goal state to do a good job.

And how do you achieve the goal state of contentment? You have to find the things in this great magnificant world of adventure, chaos, romance, evil, and trepedation that make you feel that way, and you have to try to feel that way as often as you can...So you have to know what things do that for you, so that you can turn around and apply that clearer mind to the circumstances surrounding the Now, thereby increasing your chances of making good decisions for the future.

Now hardly anyone can achieve nirvana all of the time, but the more often you are in that state, the clearer your mind, and so the easier it is to mantain.

Now, once again, besides a clear mind, the only other thing in this infinity that you have to help you make good decisions is your past. You have to know what scares you, you have to know what you like (and you should never stop looking for more), and you have to move things around, saying to yourself "I've been doing this and it might be standing in my way," and then stop doing it. Rook to knight's three, for example...getting a job, whatever. This takes guts in most people, because most people are fragile. Fear is a great counter-motivator, and it comes in many different forms.

Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of that one thing not working...there are tons of reasons to be afraid, but one lesson learned through experience is that we are really stronger than we think a lot of the time, and calculated risks better you in the long run, no matter how they turn out short term...because its one more log on the fire that lights our way toward that zen state.

Trial and error is part of getting to know yourself, and so is self examination. Self examination is also best done clearmindedly Because the more distracted you are by feelings of anxiety or anything negative, the more likely you are to miss something.

Fear stands in the way, so do other things like denial (which is really just a more complex form of fear), and yeah fear...fuck it. Cling to hope, and keep working toward it...A lot of people probably never reach such self actualation as described above...and what a shame it is when they fail through not trying.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds