Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSnappy420
Day Tripper
Ghetto cultivation setup. Opinions?
    #4322417 - 06/21/05 10:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I went to a field where I know there are shrooms, but there weren't any that particular day. I did, however, bring home a couple of patties which looked to contain very tiny white mushrooms. I brought them home, and took a baking pan, put a layer of kitty litter on the bottom (as a substitute for verm. and such), then placed the patties on top, mixed them with some grass and chopped up bananas (for compost) and have been watering them steadily the past 2 days. After that part was done, I placed them in the oven overnight on the "warm" setting with foil over the top of the pan. I placed them outside in the heat (Florida summer) on Monday morning. I'm hoping to have some sprouts or something by the end of the week. This is the first time I've tried to cultivate my own shrooms, so be gentle with the flames if I just wasted my time. Anyway, do you guys think this will work?

--------------------
"I asked it once, "What are you doing on Earth?" It said, "Listen, if you're a mushroom, you live cheap; besides, I'm telling you, this was a very nice neighborhood until the monkeys got out of control."

Terrence McKenna

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Ghetto cultivation setup. Opinions? [Re: Snappy420]
    #4322425 - 06/21/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No. Just try the PF tek it isn't very hard. Look for it in the Mush. Info section of the site. Good luck with your little experiment however I really don't think you have good chances.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

Re: Ghetto cultivation setup. Opinions? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4323139 - 06/22/05 02:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

...wow

Very interesting I must say.

Yea, don't count on it working but have fun with it.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Ghetto cultivation setup. Opinions? [Re: Gatorade]
    #4323269 - 06/22/05 02:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

lol...:smirk:

Takes a lot longer then a week for bananas to turn into usable compost..

You put poo patties in your oven...hmmm
Pf tek - Check it.

Good luck

-Gnostic

Offlinekimikiri
Sometimes

Loc: Growing Outwards
    #4323287 - 06/22/05 02:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You are better off not messing with wild unidentified mushshrooms and throwing down a few bucks to do it the right way...

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
Re: Ghetto cultivation setup. Opinions? [Re: kimikiri]
    #4323620 - 06/22/05 04:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Keep an eye on it though for perhaps an observing experiment. Keep us posted.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Ghetto cultivation setup. Opinions? [Re: dalorean]
    #4323711 - 06/22/05 05:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

went to a field where I know there are shrooms, but there weren't any that particular day. I did, however, bring home a couple of patties which looked to contain very tiny white mushrooms. I brought them home, and took a baking pan, put a layer of kitty litter on the bottom (as a substitute for verm. and such), then placed the patties on top, mixed them with some grass and chopped up bananas (for compost) and have been watering them steadily the past 2 days. After that part was done, I placed them in the oven overnight on the "warm" setting with foil over the top of the pan. I placed them outside in the heat (Florida summer) on Monday morning. I'm hoping to have some sprouts or something by the end of the week. This is the first time I've tried to cultivate my own shrooms, so be gentle with the flames if I just wasted my time. Anyway, do you guys think this will work?

Random mushrooms from a field? I am assumeing you don't know if they are p.cubensis or some other active shroom?

You can check in the with the mushroom hunting forum to help you identify the mushrooms you find in the wild by following the ID rules of the forum. This is a must. Your area is prime for pickin' but you need to know EXACTLY what mushrooms you have found. Once you have seen enough p.cubensis (or whatever mushrooms your looking for) you will always notice it.

But I am for sure that ANY mycelium that put in the oven and baked is gonna be dead, and if that didn't kill it, the goop ya mixed it up with should be nice & rottin' after this wonderful florida day and sitting in the sun.

I belive you have the drive that ya need - just don't do anything until you do research on it. You will need to understand the whole life cycle of a mushroom(s) before you can start to grow them. A lot of people stop once they realize how much learning you have to do - but if your serious about mycology, here is the place to start.

You are in florida so I would just order some spores from one of the legit shroomery sponsors. There are TEKs to walk you through order spores to the harvest. Everything is here on this site you need to know. You will have to learn and read a lot in this hobby (took me about 6 months to pull off a decent grow my first time... and following directions 100% is key. It takes a while from start to finish - but its well worth it, and the rewards are expoential.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
Re: Ghetto cultivation setup. Opinions? [Re: Civ]
    #4323889 - 06/22/05 09:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

why not just leave the patty where you found it and check back in on it in a week or so.....doesn't sound very promising..

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4323890 - 06/22/05 09:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Dead thread

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation