Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

smoking makes me think
    #4321316 - 06/21/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ever since the first several times i started smoking weed, i realized that it has an uncommon effect on me. While usually, people that are stoned are practically blank-minded, for me its quite the opposite.

My stoned mind comes in ebullition. It races from question to question and from thought to thought. It seems that i always stumble upon very interesting philosophical ideas. To the point that whenever my stream of thought arrives to a place where i can't go any further, like a question that i can't answer, i almost automatically feel the need to share it with the shroomery. i always find my thoughts worthy of discussion.

I don't know where this comes from. Maybe its because being stoned means having a different angle of perception, which gives rise to considerations and contemplations that aren't as easily conceived when in a sober state of mind.

I also think that its because marijuana amplifies my curiosity by alot. Somehow, THC lights a spark in my brain, and light is shun on different twists that problems can take.

The first few years, i thought these experiences were extremely enlightning, i was mesmerized by what i was coming up with in my brain (i litteraly looked like this  :ooo: ).
But soon i realized, what good is it to think stuff up, if you can't remember them in the morning?

And now, when i'm stoned, as i see my different thoughts coming and going one after the other and fading out, like waves on a beach, i ask myself "if thinking this way is totally useless, then that means i should stop thinking."

And recently, i've been trying to let go of these thoughts, to see what it feels like being in a stoned no-thought state of mind. With some regrets i must admit, because i really enjoy thinking. But the result was amazing. One night, as i tried to emancipate myself from mental slavery (like Marley would say), i had a spiritual experience that i will definitely not forget.

I felt like a new born baby. I felt that the breaths i was taking were the first ones in my life, and each breath was as new as the last. It was like if i was experiencing my presence on earth for the very first time. It felt awesome. I don't know if i'm describing well enough.

I tried to experience this as much as i could, from around 1 a.m. to 4a.m., and by 4 i had to leave to meet up my class because we were leaving on field trip by bus. This might be laughable, but as i arrived to meet up with everyone, everybody fell silent. i swear, there was a huge blank for about 2 or three seconds when everyone saw me (this was a group of 30-40 people). And then everyone went back to their discussions. I felt that this was not unrelated to the spiritual experience i was having prior to this happening.

anyway, sorry for the long post. i just had to put this out there.

peace  :stoned:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: exclusive58]
    #4321328 - 06/21/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That is why authorities are so afraid of it.

And sometimes it IS better when people don't think. That can be dangerous

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4321923 - 06/21/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

While usually, people that are stoned are practically blank-minded

I seriously doubt this is the case!

People get quiet on weed, more often than not, because their mind is so full with a wild crash of ideas. Think about the stereotype of stoners talking about wild ideas with absolutely no grounding. Almost everyone I have ever toked with has been like this: just as willing to strike up a conversation about some crazy thing as I am.

Don't let that ego fool you as to the thoughts of others :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4322009 - 06/21/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Uncommon? Perhaps, but the same thing happens to me; all my thoughts become deeper and more philosophical, and reality shifts to a more enlightened state.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: Ravus]
    #4322303 - 06/21/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Same here. Especially with occasional use rather than daily or even weekly. Actually I rarely use it anymore. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinescribble
Stranger
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: Icelander]
    #4322312 - 06/21/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I get the same thing all the time too. I don't usually forget it the next morning though but if you dislike forgetting what you learned so much try writing it down.

--------------------
Mahayana Buddhist tradition tells how Buddha lived on one hemp seed a day.
This was enough to sustain him during the six steps of asceticism leading to his Enlightenment.
In recent centuries, higher doses have been favoured.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
    #4322321 - 06/21/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, when I am stoned, I become very introspective from a very objective place. I feel as though I can see myself the way others may perceive me, whether "good" or "Bad", and i never get scared or pissed off. I use it as a way to make myself a "better" person, by seeing my negative and my positive qualities, and acting on it. I also have very wild/deep thoughts about life in general etc. And usually have something to write on, and with, so I can later reflect on whatever I was thinking from a different state of mind.

This is not the case all of the time, I have also been so stoned that it felt as thoguh none of the thoughts I had were my own, all of the sudden I found myself just standing in front of my dryer (which was on) at like 2:00am, mesmerized by the energy in it, and sound that it created. When I realized what I was doing, I started laughing, then suddenly became silent once again as the hypnotizing sound of the dryer took over my being. Very strange experience. Especially the fact that I was not really conscious of what I was doing until at least 3 - 5 minutes after I had stood next to it in a trance-like state.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: Icelander]
    #4322330 - 06/21/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Same here. Especially with occasional use rather than daily or even weekly. Actually I rarely use it anymore. :mushroom2:

I think marijuana is MUCH more useful with occasional use. When it is overdone it definitely gets in the way, when it is used occasionally it can be used as a tool for introspection and reflection, especially if one will act on what they reflect on.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #4322496 - 06/21/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

When I realized what I was doing, I started laughing, then suddenly became silent once again as the hypnotizing sound of the dryer took over my being.

:stoned:

That's extremely funny, yet is the epitome of being really stoned. How I can relate to situations like that..

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4322583 - 06/21/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

My stoned mind comes in ebullition. It races from question to question and from thought to thought. It seems that i always stumble upon very interesting philosophical ideas. To the point that whenever my stream of thought arrives to a place where i can't go any further, like a question that i can't answer, i almost automatically feel the need to share it with the shroomery. i always find my thoughts worthy of discussion.

I get this way too, if I want to/have the time.

Weed also allows me to focus better on a task.

It kinda has a dual effect depending on what you want to get from it. (did that make sense???)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4322604 - 06/21/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Smoking makes me think about geting stoned.  :stoned:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4322605 - 06/21/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

people that are stoned are practically blank-minded

Not me. My best ideas come to me when I'm stoned (or when I'm sitting on the toilet).  :ass:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: Diploid]
    #4322655 - 06/21/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The fumes make you light-headed?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

#4322660 - 06/21/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

While usually, people that are stoned are practically blank-minded ..

I think thats the image that the media etc. wants to put out, like being stoned is like being extremely drunk? The effects in general have been though stimulating rather than the opposite (at least in my group of people). I really hate the "stoner" stereotype that is (as many other things) being brainwashed in to the general consciousness.

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: smoking makes me think [Re: otoroko]
    #4323655 - 06/22/05 02:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well, i only very rarely meet another person that says that smoking makes him/her think. and when i talk to someone about the effect weed has on me, they usually go like "huh?". I guess that's why i have a stereotype of a stoner being blank-minded.

how nice to see though, that many shroomerites feel me on this one!  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
    #4324580 - 06/22/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Whenever a group of close friends and I smoke, we usually chill at someones house or take walks around the park, downtown, the mall, etc., and the entire time we are constantly discussing 'random' and different ideas about things. I love the way weed makes me think =)

OfflineUnit_134679
Mind Expanding
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4325213 - 06/22/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
That is why authorities are so afraid of it.

And sometimes it IS better when people don't think. That can be dangerous

Thinking is wonderful, its too much powerful thinking that is dangerous. Also I'm the same way man, I think about a lot of shit when I smoke, and I love every second of it :rasta: When your high and you think of shit up, try recording it on paper or in the computer or somethin

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: smoking makes me think [Re: Unit_134679]
    #4325224 - 06/22/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thinking brought nazism and KKK. It CAN be dangerous

--------------------

OfflineUnit_134679
Mind Expanding
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: smoking makes me think [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4325255 - 06/22/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, but thinking brought us computers, internet, medical advances as well. Like I said before, its too much powerful thinking that leads to a dangerous outcome...and theres a thin line between that and good thinking.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: smoking makes me think [Re: Unit_134679]
    #4325268 - 06/22/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yea, I didn't say thinking is always dangerous, but it can be too.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds