Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 5-HTP, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Chloride, Magnetic Stirrer, Perlite, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepharmacyte
Stranger

Loc: solus ipsus
***hey virtual mycophiles! a cornucopia o' questions!***
    #4322165 - 06/21/05 09:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

howdy.  a few questions i have saved up over a friends latest attempt at growing some koh samui strain via brown rice p.f. half pints to 50/50+ casing on perlite.

1.  due to inexperience, his substrate layer was uneven and the first flush just came in waves.  the last shroom of the last wave will be picked today and he wonders if stimulating the 2nd flush will be more difficult... there are no pins yet... he cleaned abhorts and has been generously spraying... his jars took 7.5 weeks to complete growth (again due to inexperience) so will a 2nd/3rd flush be less likely due to a lack of nutrients?  help?

2.  black powdery substance on tops of mature shrooms... does it mean that they are geriatric?  bad sign?

3.  is there anywhere here or on the web that compares the cultivation  parameters and relative potency of all the p.cubensis strains?  or just a few?  searched everywhere for this! ***please help***  if nothing like this exists, can you tell me a bit specifically about the pink buffalo strain?  thanks!

4.  has anyone experimented with 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) dissolved in the water put into the jars initially?  imaginary friend-dude  :rolleyes: has read the actual trypamine experiments, and even tried to order tryptamine.  ha ha on him, that was quickly foiled.  he dissolved a small amount of 5HTP in half the jars, did not observe any stunting of mycelial growth compared to the other jars, though the constant is now a bit compromised (put all the jars into one casing tray.  oops.) and he is eager to compare results.  esp. concerning any potency variation.

5.  any 1st hand feedback about the alcohol extraction tek?  very interesting concept.  has a plan involving 100% alcohol, a magnetic stirrer, a 0% humidity chamber with calcium chloride absorbing all moisture... will it work?

please grace me with your knowledge.  many thanks in advance. :grin:

<<pharmy>>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
Re: ***hey virtual mycophiles! a cornucopia o' questions!*** [Re: pharmacyte]
    #4322372 - 06/21/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

well to answer some of your questions, your second flush should be fine just mist until next flush shows in about 7 days, the black powder on you shrooms is most likely spores which are not a problem, although potency and effect do vary from strain to strain substrate plays the largest factor in potency rye and horse poo give the best potency, pink buffalo is a great strain have grown it many times, the addition of trytamine hcl in substrates has been proven to increase psilocybin content in fruits from what i have read.

welcome to the shroomery :laugh:

Edited by lowdominion (06/21/05 10:17 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4323768 - 06/22/05 06:42 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

1. due to inexperience, his substrate layer was uneven and the first flush just came in waves. the last shroom of the last wave will be picked today and he wonders if stimulating the 2nd flush will be more difficult... there are no pins yet... he cleaned aborts and has been generously spraying... his jars took 7.5 weeks to complete growth (again due to inexperience) so will a 2nd/3rd flush be less likely due to a lack of nutrients? help?
Keep em moist and you'll get a 2nd flush. Play your cards right and you'll get a 3rd too.

2. black powdery substance on tops of mature shrooms... does it mean that they are geriatric? bad sign?
Black or purple? Most likely spores. Black mold can kill ya but it's very common to have spores on top of the shrooms.

3. is there anywhere here or on the web that compares the cultivation parameters and relative potency of all the p.cubensis strains? or just a few? searched everywhere for this! ***please help*** if nothing like this exists, can you tell me a bit specifically about the pink buffalo strain? thanks!
He he he....we all wish it existed but the pink buffalo is a good strain. Good potency doesn't grow very tall (my exp only ) but puts on good weight.

4. has anyone experimented with 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) dissolved in the water put into the jars initially? imaginary friend-dude has read the actual trypamine experiments, and even tried to order tryptamine. ha ha on him, that was quickly foiled. he dissolved a small amount of 5HTP in half the jars, did not observe any stunting of mycelial growth compared to the other jars, though the constant is now a bit compromised (put all the jars into one casing tray. oops.) and he is eager to compare results. esp. concerning any potency variation.
Don't know jack shit about this.

5. any 1st hand feedback about the alcohol extraction tek? very interesting concept. has a plan involving 100% alcohol, a magnetic stirrer, a 0% humidity chamber with calcium chloride absorbing all moisture... will it work?
Or this

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinepharmacyte
Stranger

Loc: solus ipsus
Re: ***hey virtual mycophiles! a cornucopia o' questions!*** [Re: Magash]
    #4326899 - 06/23/05 12:56 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

the black powder on tops of the caps: either harmless spores or lethal black mold? yowza! perhaps someone can provide a bit more info on this, as the mushrooms are already dessicating.

any other signs that it would be mold? mind you, the powder was only on the shrooms who were let grow 12 hours past their veil broke. the other shrooms in the tank were harvested as the veil broke, and did not have the black powder.

thanks again for both replies. give me more!

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
    #4329847 - 06/23/05 08:57 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Was there any contamination on the myc or casing layer? If not, and if your fruits appear to be fine other than the purple/black discoloration, I would assume IMO they are spores.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

Offlinegrow
i ^
    #4329862 - 06/23/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

try to wipe the black with your finger, if you see any black specs on your finger, they are just spores. you will still be able to check this after they are dry

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 5-HTP, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Chloride, Magnetic Stirrer, Perlite, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation