Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineinformer
Stranger
mushrooms/lsd/salvi at a young age
    #432181 - 10/21/01 12:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

what do you think about using psychoactives
(more than 1 or 2 times a small dose) while growing up

just wondering 'cause i think it always has a effect on people
while growing up it will effect the way you are in your entire life this is not always good .........

just looking for opinions and experiences

============================================

GREETZ >>>>>>>>>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHBS
Male

Re: mushrooms/lsd/salvi at a young age [Re: informer]
    #432355 - 10/21/01 03:43 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i'm not yet 18, and I tripped acid for the first time earlier this year (twice), then shroomed over the summer many times, I'm for the most part no different than I'd ever be except maybe for a completely different outlook on life. Just don't do it all the time, and don't do it at all unless you feel you are fully ready to do something like this, as tripping is not for the weak. (or the schizophrenic)

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #432361 - 10/21/01 03:47 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

First time i took acid i was 14. I think i would reccomend against it. WHile it may have helped me get into cool music quicker, the cosmic wisdom you get from it, is kinda a lot for a kid that age to handle. and you don't have the freedom nessesary for a good trip. The stress of talking with my mom while triping when i came home at night was too much to handle. I would reccomend waiting until your 18 at least, and away from parents

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

Re: mushrooms/lsd/salvi at a young age [Re: HB]
    #432370 - 10/21/01 04:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I 1st started smoking and tripping when I was 15. It really can change your whole outlook on life, especially at a young age when most of the people around you are on entirely different wavelengths, and you feel totally different. In retrospect maybe I should've waited until I had my mind sorted out more, but I am glad from what I have learned anyway.

--------------------
,'~Þ

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: informer]
    #432371 - 10/21/01 04:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: mushrooms/lsd/salvi at a young age [Re: ]
    #432375 - 10/21/01 04:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i must agree mushrooms a better in so many way, especially when you find your favorite strain, tazzies did it for me,but i an't setteling till i've tried them all, its like pokemon

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflinePsycho
Pooh-Bah

#432507 - 10/21/01 07:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i started smoking bud at 13.
ate mush for my first time at 13(didnt get high).
popped e when i was 15.
popped mush again when i was 16.
and i popped acid when i was 16.

so in totally ive tripped 8 times on e since ive been 15,tripped on mush 6-8 times since ive been 13 and ive tripped on acid 2 times in the past 2 months.

these experiances have changed me for the better that i am sure of,but its hard to express myself and get other people to understand my point of veiw on life now.especially because im still a teenager and of course a lot of people dont give teenagers enough credit...o well.
i wish i had waited to drop acid tho,i wasnt ready for that experiance at all.

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

i feel so good,i feel so numb

Edited by Psycho (10/21/01 07:51 PM)

OfflineDXMHEAD420
veteran
Loc: ohio
    #437767 - 10/26/01 05:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i started tripping when i was 15, and im fine. not to say that all who do will be.

Anonymous

#437957 - 10/26/01 08:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

OfflineHBS
Male

Re: mushrooms/lsd/salvi at a young age [Re: ]
    #437968 - 10/26/01 09:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

personally I believe that it is MATURITY and not age that defines when you should do drugs ... obviously the age can't be too low, but by the time you are 14 or 15, if you are truly mature and won't be stupid (like firsttymer) then you should be able to make the decision to trip. Altogether I think 18 is the ideal age (due to most likely being at college -- away from parents), but I don't regret having taken acid for the first time at 16

HOWEVER, I would never introduce anybody younger than me (or less mature) to the world of tripping. I wouldn't be able to deal with the fact that they might absolutely freak out and then become violent or something, as uneducated kids might do ... if somebody is going to trip with me, they have to have done it before and/or be fully aware of the risks involved and that I assume no responsibility for however their trip goes.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
    #438022 - 10/26/01 10:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Im 17. This year I had my first full blown trip. A year ago, who was I? An antisocial person who loved to piss people off and hit people. Who am I now? A weird, funny guy who says strange things and most people ask "How much crack do you smoke". For me, my outlook on life has changed, like I have more to live for. For others, it may be different, but thats my messed up mind.

Offlineinformer
Stranger
Re: mushrooms/lsd/salvi at a young age [Re: GringoLoco]
    #438435 - 10/27/01 11:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

FROM heavenlyblue :

I'm for the most part no different than I'd ever be except maybe for a completely different outlook on life. \

this is what i mean ......

i have done quite enough exeperimenting with psychedelics
since i was 15 i'm now 17 and have yet to experiment any negative effects from them

but i can imagine (and have seen) people experiencing "bad effects wich will last them their entire life

i feel like people who really get to know psychedelics have some effects wich surely change them

while being young you have yet fully develop yourself
you might become someone a bit different when taking psychedelics

the question is how different you might become and if this is really a bad thing

it (ofcourse) all depends on the magnitude and nature of your "trips" and the person "tripping"

we might change more than we think we do (heavenlyblue) but this is something we can't really know cause you obviously dont know how you would have been if you wouldent have taken the drug

i'd l;ike to hear more of your experiences especially the bad one :)

sorry for the bad spelling and grammar (i'm dutch and have the worst hangover)

tnxs

OfflineHBS
Male

#438498 - 10/27/01 02:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ya if you want to hear some of my experiences I can PM em to you

Offlinedelekhan23
Stranger
    #438573 - 10/27/01 04:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The first time I ever tripped was my first semester of college. I ate a bunch of gel lsd with my gf and tripped a good 12 hrs. One of my best trips ever. I was 18 at the time, and in retrospect perhaps semi-mature. Psychedelics can definately show you different perspectives on life and the way you live it. Whether you decide to make changes in your life because of a trip, or because of some other form of realization is really irrelavant. I would say the majority of youth today from the ages of 15 to 25, go through a lot of these realizations with or without psychedelics. Some of who, act on them and/or "completely change their outlook on life". Maybe psychedelics potentiate these revelations by giving us a new perspective or numerous perspectives in which to analyze our enviornment and beliefs. Then we must take whatever revelations we may have been given and contemplate their credibility, which may be limited because you were 'on drugs'. Which brings us to what you believe about the drugs you are taking. Do they have some spiritual, inate truth, or are they just a drug? I'm just babbling, but I'd say some of you get my drift.

Delekhan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports