Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEmbracingShadows
Deaf
 User Gallery
My messed up dreams.
    #4321109 - 06/21/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know why but my dreams are plagued by at least 4 very realistic nightmares a week. I have no idea where they come from but there pretty messed up. ill give you an example of one, I had a dream i was laying in my bed and i opend my eyes  i saw this naked thing completely still standing about 3 inches away from the wall facing it . its hair was thin and a nasty whitish color and it was balding alot, its skin was gray and dried out looking. i didnt think anything of it so i rolled over and then i opened my eyes and rolled over really fast to see it again and it was right there in my face. i could smell it. its eyes were completely black except for the tiny white dots in the middle. its lower lip was gone and its upper lip was torn in 2 and half of it was curled and rotting exposing its brown and black teeth. it had no tongue. i yelled really loud and was freakin out, i woke my self up breathing rapidly. it was pretty messed up i have alot of dreams with weird things i could never fathom while awake. Its weird. tell me about your dreams and if there anything like mine and what you think.. :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: EmbracingShadows]
    #4321154 - 06/21/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The other night I had a dream where I beat someone to death for throwing a piece of dirt at me.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4321242 - 06/21/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I been dreaming, I lay unable to sleep.. then as I get up, I realize I'm lucid, and do whatever I want to..

this dream, I think is the cause of many people's sleeping problems, as they in fact are sleeping, but in sleep, dream that they can not get any sleep...

its so funny.. :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4321243 - 06/21/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Stop smoking before you go to bed man.  :smile:

Really, that is one freaky fucking dream man, would scare me to smoke more weed and then go to work

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #4321450 - 06/21/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Is a freakish being really something to get scared over? It exists so is fundamentally connected with the Ineffable and should be shown compassion. Why does it scare you? Do you feel love towards even the ugliest and most vile of living things? All is well, perhaps this is what you're trying to tell yourself. Contrast is such an ironic teacher...

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4321470 - 06/21/05 04:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That is pretty intense, I must say. But remember, it's just a dream - it can't hurt you....

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4321590 - 06/21/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think Freud once said that dreams are the express highway to the subconsciousness. They can be highly useful if their simbology is recognized and integrated into consciousness, or they can fuck you up if you're waking up from constant nightmares every morning. From personal experience I can say I've had my worst nightmares (being burned alive and eternal suffering kind) grow from daily-life situations that really disturbed me, but I refused to acknowledge their impact.

As far as you dream goes, I have two theories. In the first one, I think the "nasty looking thing" is you or who you may be becoming (nothing personal here). I don't know you from your other posts, but if you're overindulging in drugs or are becoming a couch potato ("lying in bed" symbol) this dream may be a warning where you might want to start to re-evaluate your life and your ways. In my other theory "the thing" is a part of yourself you refuse to integrate into your being, since it's too ugly or your afraid of it.

If you can't connect to my interpretation don't fuss about it. Dreams are highly personal and complex, so I'm more or less only guessing here. The following links may also be of help to you if you wish to explore more:

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/
http://www.soulfuture.com/dream_dictionary/dream_dictionary_main.asp

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: the_phoenix]
    #4321719 - 06/21/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the_phoenix said:
Is a freakish being really something to get scared over? It exists so is fundamentally connected with the Ineffable and should be shown compassion. Why does it scare you? Do you feel love towards even the ugliest and most vile of living things? All is well, perhaps this is what you're trying to tell yourself. Contrast is such an ironic teacher...

:laugh: :thumbup:

:heartpump:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4322690 - 06/21/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

As far as you dream goes, I have two theories. In the first one, I think the "nasty looking thing" is you or who you may be becoming

Dude that really creeps me out i dont over indulge in drugs or anything but ive had this problem my whole life with these kinda freaky dreams but your opinion thingy has givin me more inspiration to change who i am. honestly i have like two sides of me the demented violent aweful person Eric, and the good side wich alot of people seem to like and what you said reminded me of earlier i got angry at my sister and made her cry by saying alot of stuff but one thing that came to mind was she was crying and said "why do you treat me like shit!" and i said "cuz thats what you are your nothing i treat you like shit because thats what you are." and i treat alot of people like that and i really do regret it but its a side of me i cant help when i get angry. ive been trying to change that side of me and i have more inspiration now. thanks dude. even if thats not what it is it still gave me inspiration. :thumbup:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4322713 - 06/21/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, 'Where the heck is the ceiling?'"
-'Scummy'

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinegoob
Sleepy

Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: Gomp]
    #4335144 - 06/25/05 04:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Some people have used periwinkle tea before bed to get a better sleep. A few leaves or flowers micro'd in a cup of water till it boils a little, strain & add sugar. 1 cup befor bed for 3 days may be all you need to effect a lasting change. This may also have an effect on the over-active brain condition.(but I wouldn't know about that:))

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4337795 - 06/25/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe this thing you saw is there to look after you while you sleep. It may appear evil, but it's really your protector from things more evil than you can imagine.

--------------------

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: pshawny]
    #4338202 - 06/26/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Its funny I don't really remember allot of my dreams at the present. All the dreams I remember where when I was a little kid. I still remember this one dream I had when I was 7 or so. About every month I would have this strange dream that this GIANT T-Rex dinosaur broke into the city and was after to eat people, including eating me. The T-rex was always on my trail, it scared the shit out of me. This dream would occur once a month for about 6 months until the last one the dinosaur walked off by some train tracks and disappeared forever. I always wonder If that dream will ever come back its like a nightmare prophecy.

Offlinefrabuno
tiras gadol

Loc: the hood yo
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4338210 - 06/26/05 12:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The Sigmund Frued is a great point.

I usually keep a journal of everything on my mind so that I could get it off my mind. It helps and my ability to self-evaluate myself changes my life every day (for the better.)

I suggest that you write down your dreams right after you have them so that:
1. You'll have them off your mind and preserved on paper or computer text. Take a mental note that reading them will jog your memory so you could forget them and relax
2. You can go back and analize them at a later date.
3. You can compare them to eachother to see if the way your mind is working has evolved over time.

REMEMBER: STOP WATCHING HORROR MOVIES they just load your head with negativity and fear.

--------------------

Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: frabuno]
    #4339077 - 06/26/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I actually started doing that but i only have one dream down because some shit started to happen and my dreams are always about one thing now and alot worry the hell out of me but ya i decided to do that only problem i have with writing em down is my gay nerd nosy brother but i could care less if he reads em ill just beat the crap out of em cuz he knows better and hes my older brother so its not as wrong as if it were my little brother but anyway ya once this shit that's going on blows over and my dreams are back to nightmares and just weird random shit again ill start writing em down again cuz these dreams are a little to personal to risk my brother reading em then id really snap on him and hurt him bad. i just cant trust him. but ill find a way.
I have alot of messed up dreams so if any one is curious about any others ill tell em.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #4399940 - 07/13/05 01:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

These may not be just bad dreams, they may be night terrors. I'm not an expert on night terrors but I know that you described a couple of the symptoms.
1) You have these episodes frequently
2) You are witnessing some cross between a person and a beast or demon
3) The dreams are interrupting on your physical reality, like when you saw the creature in bed with you and could smell it
4) You wake up shouting, sweating, heart racing, and in general are freaking out for a good while after the dream is over

Again I know only a little about this but you might want to look it up and find more about it.
:heart:

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: My messed up dreams. [Re: gluke bastid]
    #4400403 - 07/13/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, i took your advice and looked up night terrors, i think i might have em. some of the stuff didnt match up but some of it does. so i might. I was listening to jimi hendrix last night and this song came on and i told my friend about this dream i had that the song "if 6 was 9" tied into, i had a dream i was at this lake and i went down to the water and stuck my arm in and this old ladys face appeared half of her face was beatin in and rotting and she grabbed me and started screaming. it was so freaky when that part came on on the song he got goosebumps really bad and chills and he was like "dude thats freaky." if you have heard the song you should know what im talkin about and but if you havnt think about this and listen to that song and when that part comes on try to imagine its pretty freaky and i had to see that shit and wake up from it goin UHHHH in my sleep but yelling in my dream.

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #4400425 - 07/13/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It seems like you are a strong dreamer. Read some books on lucid dreaming and astral projection.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale