Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoctopusofdoom
Stranger
grow kit question
    #883350 - 09/14/02 02:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ok, i have a question about grow kits, i have used the search function but i havent found anything that answers my question. and i know most of you seem to hate grow kits and yes i am aware that i probably could have harvested many more mushrooms for much less money, but i will worry about that in the future as this is my first atttempt at growing shrooms and i couldnt be bothered with any complications.

right basically, i have my grow kit in a warm humid place with indirect light etc etc, its in a plastic storage box cause i couldnt afford a terranium but it seems to do the job, this box is covered by a white plastic bag, which has a light above it which warms the box and provides it with light, and i spray in the box several times a day with a spray bottle to keep the humidity up. it is warm inside the box i havent checked the actual temperature but i would say its at least a few degrees above room temperature probably more and the humidity is good, there is moisture beeding up the sides.

its been in these conditions for 6 days now, there was no visible sign of anything happening until this morning when i checked and around the outside of the kit, almost down the sides of the grow kit box there are a few little pins. im assuming these will probably abort as there is not a lot of room for them to grow there, but there is no sign of any growth of anything on the rest of the kit, on the top.

is there something wrong here, or am i just being impatient.

thankyou!
and sorry i know its probably a really basic question but i did try to read the FAQs and i did try to use the search facility but i couldnt find an answer. so thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetripster13
The First Bardo
Loc: England
Re: grow kit question [Re: octopusofdoom]
    #883590 - 09/14/02 06:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

patience is a virtue, and apparently aborts have a higher count of psilocybin and psilocyn in them than most mature shrooms

--------------------
moksha

Offline101NEO
Lowly Shroomer
 User Gallery
Re: grow kit question [Re: tripster13]
    #4307373 - 06/17/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i know exactly what you are thinking.

ARE THEY ACTAULLY GOING TO GROW??? at this point you are sooooo sick of waiting that you are ready to eat the mycelium... ok maybe i'm crazy... and by the way don't ever eat mycelium. not good for you.

i had three cakes in a terrarium and one day i saw 1 or 2 pins on 1 cake starting and i began to jump for joy. 4 days later that pin was 4 inches long and the cap was about an inch wide. that little shroomie grew to be about 6 inches.

so yes patience is a virtue.

just air out your terrarium and provide moisture and you will see that pretty soon there will be dozens and dozen of pins. many of them will abort but with proper air exchange and humidity i would say you have 100% of growing mushrooms as long as you don't get a contam.

Offline101NEO
Lowly Shroomer
 User Gallery
Re: grow kit question [Re: 101NEO]
    #4307384 - 06/17/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

oh yeah and it took me a week and a couple of days to see pins.

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4307410 - 06/17/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

id say wait a few days and see what kind of pinset you get. Do some searching on the shroomery, there are tons of threads about this. Those grow kits can take up to 2 weeks to initiate primordia so dont be worried at all.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4307806 - 06/17/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

101NEO said:
... ok maybe i'm crazy... and by the way don't ever eat mycelium. not good for you.

where did you get that? if the mycelium is not good for you why would the shrooms be good for you? many people here have eaten myc and even cakes, one i know has even eaten a h poo cake. ewww.
even though i would never be this hard up for a high, it will not hurt you if you eat myc.
peace

Offline101NEO
Lowly Shroomer
 User Gallery
Re: grow kit question [Re: backupwards]
    #4320095 - 06/21/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

someone told me it would make you sick so i just listened... i guess i'm a sheep... BAAAAAAAA.....

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4320106 - 06/21/05 09:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

there have been many instances of people eating brf cakes and even one whom has eaten a h poo casing done invitro. ewwwwww. pretty hard up huh?
peace

OfflineDoctor
Strangled
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: grow kit question [Re: octopusofdoom]
    #4320253 - 06/21/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If you could upload a picture, it would help in identifying any obvious problems.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies