Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

auras
    #4319594 - 06/21/05 03:59 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

any one have any nfo related to them ?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: auras [Re: fresh313]
    #4319653 - 06/21/05 05:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They are pretty and rainbow-colored. :mushroom2:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: auras [Re: fresh313]
    #4319729 - 06/21/05 07:45 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Every now and then I will "see" an aura about a person... perhaps. I use the term "see" loosely the same way I "see" something when I am dreaming... it is almost like a feeling or emotion that is processed visually. More often than not, these come when I first meet somebody that I either have an immediate bonding with or an immediate dislike for. Is this a mystical/psycic ability? I tend to doubt it, but I really dont know... I haven't been able to test the 'ability' in any type of scientific controlled manner; threfore I am hesitant to claim that the 'ability' is anything more than an over active imagination. At the same time, the first impression these viewing give me (regarding the moral character of a person), as far as I can remember, have never been wrong.

> They are pretty and rainbow-colored.

Not what I see... at least I don't think... of course, I am not certain that what I see is the same thing that others call auras... I might describe one that I have seen as "a sickly color", or another as a "light transparent color", but again, it is more of a feeling than anything... a feeling that can be seen somehow... *shrug*

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: auras [Re: Seuss]
    #4319876 - 06/21/05 09:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I haven't been able to test the 'ability' in any type of scientific controlled manner

This has been tested under controlled conditions. The claimants say the auras surround the body and extend several inches above the head of the person in whom they claim they can see auras.

When an array of screens head high are set up, some with people behind them, other with no one behind them, the claimants are unable to discern which is which any better than can be accounted for by chance.

I dunno if this is the type of aura you claim to see, but there are the results of the controlled experiments that I've personally seen conducted.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: auras [Re: Diploid]
    #4319916 - 06/21/05 10:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

> I dunno if this is the type of aura you claim to see

As I said, the word "see" is a bit misleading with whatever it is that I experience. I have always suspected that in my case, there is a miswire in my brain somewhere that is crossing 'my sense of first imperssion' through the visual cortex causing me to process a first impression visually. It isn't that I see a glow, but that is the closest description I can come up with to what I do experience. (How would you describe seeing sounds... same type of problem.)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4319938 - 06/21/05 10:40 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I can directly relate to that- I have had the same type of experiences. It's a synesthesia of sorts- the mind generating an "image" or color which represents an emotion or feeling. It isn't "visual" because it's an abstract feeling- ie. "That person's aura feels red."

It's actually a bit similar to some experiences I've had while under the influence of psychadelics. Synesthesia is a weird, weird thing. When your brain tries to process sound as a physical or visual thing, you feel like you're "seeing" something but not the way you'd see a true physical object.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4319955 - 06/21/05 10:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a miswire in my brain somewhere that is crossing 'my sense of first imperssion' through the visual cortex causing me to process a first impression visually

I think I understand. I may have a similar 'miswire' where I can sometimes experience music in my sense of vision. It happens sometimes when I trip (though that may be imagined) but it also happens sober (I don't do chemicals when I drive) when I dance at clubs.

Usually it's very late at night (4am or so) when the dance floor is mostly empty and I can move around freely. The DJ at a club I frequent shifts from gaudy lyric-filled music to instrumental music with long-running deep, dark bass lines and complex, pronounced rhythms. Goa-like music.

As I entrain to the music, I close my eyes and melt into the sound and start to sweat (sweating always precedes the experience). Then I start seeing CEVs just like I see when tripping.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4320006 - 06/21/05 11:13 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

funny, I was thinking about this one this very morning on the way to my car from the coffee shop, through a light crowd of neighbours.

swami is right about the lore.
but the lore is not accurately informed as to the nature of aura.

we know lots about mental contents,
and the way people spend so much time in conversation fragments with parts of themselves, usually not in an embarrassing out loud fashion; but the internal dialog is supported by near continuous mental energy.

Some of this energy is expressed in posture, conveying through the physical armour a resultant net demeanor.

This net demeanor, (the way in which a person behaves; or their deportment), representst the sum of all the flowing mental contents.

That is the aura.

Reading auras using visual colorimetric synaesthesia is common, but the colors are actually constructed privately by the viewer, as they detect aspects of expressed mental contents and body armour.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4320375 - 06/21/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Not what I see... at least I don't think... of course, I am not certain that what I see is the same thing that others call auras... I might describe one that I have seen as "a sickly color", or another as a "light transparent color", but again, it is more of a feeling than anything... a feeling that can be seen somehow... *shrug*

"The real Aura around us is constantly changing, much like a flame or a hot air and never has a smooth, regular shape. Each person has individual pattern and a specific mix of colours which is ALWAYS present."

http://www.thiaoouba.com/kiref.htm

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: auras [Re: MAIA]
    #4323552 - 06/22/05 03:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

YES MAIA , that is exactly what i was looking for, i saw that article printed and was reading a bit , its really interesting

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4333927 - 06/24/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Every now and then I will "see" an aura about a person... perhaps. I use the term "see" loosely the same way I "see" something when I am dreaming... it is almost like a feeling or emotion that is processed visually. More often than not, these come when I first meet somebody that I either have an immediate bonding with or an immediate dislike for. Is this a mystical/psychic ability? I tend to doubt it, but I really dont know... I haven't been able to test the 'ability' in any type of scientific controlled manner; therefore I am hesitant to claim that the 'ability' is anything more than an over active imagination. At the same time, the first impression these viewing give me (regarding the moral character of a person), as far as I can remember, have never been wrong.

yeah, i think we are programmed to project and receive auras of people which contain a feeling or reaction as to their/your disposition.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4334011 - 06/24/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Suess:

There's this little excercise that we did during a monk's workshop.  You sit down and look at a total stranger for 20 minutes.  you then get to notice all these thoughts that come about the person, thoughts that are obviously assumptions because you don't know the person at all!  It's a great indicator on how quickly the mind is judging, how fast the tool is using us instead of the other way around.

On the flipside, there is feeling.  i know what you mean, an aura is just a label.  Having great energy is akin to saying having great presence.  When a person is present (that is their mind is focused on the eternal now moment) they tend to exuberate energy.  but thats through reading body language, eye contact, voice, and a host of other things. 

being able to notice "aura's" around people is a great indicator that you have increased your ability to be in the eternal now moment.  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: auras [Re: kaiowas]
    #4334042 - 06/24/05 11:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So are you saying that an "aura" is essentially a conglomeration of body language that you are able to recognize in others and the ability to "see" auras is the result of a more developed awareness?

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: auras [Re: orechron]
    #4334081 - 06/24/05 11:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldn't say "more" devloped awareness, just as I am saying an aura is just a label.

you don't really "see" the aura, you experience it. it's a connection between two people.

Two people walk past each other..one person maybe be vibrant and energetic, but if the other person is thinking about something else, lost in the dead past, or in the imagined future, not focused on the now, they might not experience or sense that vibrant energy that was being given off.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

#4334099 - 06/24/05 11:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This all sounds like a meadows and bunnies way of saying "If you're not paying attention you might not notice something".

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: auras [Re: orechron]
    #4334102 - 06/24/05 11:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

isn't paying attention being aware?

--------------------

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

#4334106 - 06/24/05 11:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's a more deliberate form of awareness. Your point?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4334142 - 06/24/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I have had synaesthesia since I was a child. It is common. Creative people seem to be more prone to it. I become synaesthetic anytime I hear music. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synaesthesia

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: auras [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4334144 - 06/24/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
funny, I was thinking about this one this very morning on the way to my car from the coffee shop, through a light crowd of neighbours.

swami is right about the lore.
but the lore is not accurately informed as to the nature of aura.

we know lots about mental contents,
and the way people spend so much time in conversation fragments with parts of themselves, usually not in an embarrassing out loud fashion; but the internal dialog is supported by near continuous mental energy.

Some of this energy is expressed in posture, conveying through the physical armour a resultant net demeanor.

This net demeanor, (the way in which a person behaves; or their deportment), representst the sum of all the flowing mental contents.

That is the aura.

Reading auras using visual colorimetric synaesthesia is common, but the colors are actually constructed privately by the viewer, as they detect aspects of expressed mental contents and body armour.

I see what you're saying, very nicely put. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4334461 - 06/25/05 01:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
Suess:

There's this little excercise that we did during a monk's workshop.  You sit down and look at a total stranger for 20 minutes.  you then get to notice all these thoughts that come about the person, thoughts that are obviously assumptions because you don't know the person at all!  It's a great indicator on how quickly the mind is judging, how fast the tool is using us instead of the other way around.

On the flipside, there is feeling.  i know what you mean, an aura is just a label.  Having great energy is akin to saying having great presence.  When a person is present (that is their mind is focused on the eternal now moment) they tend to exuberate energy.  but thats through reading body language, eye contact, voice, and a host of other things. 

being able to notice "aura's" around people is a great indicator that you have increased your ability to be in the eternal now moment.  :sun:

did they teach you any techniques as well regarding auras?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology