Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Why am I doing this?
    #431771 - 10/20/01 08:28 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

If the only purpose for light is to tell the shrooms which direction to grow. Why then when they are fruiting do I give them 12on/12off. Am I trying to confuse the little guys for half of the day? WTF

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Why am I doing this? [Re: ]
    #431811 - 10/20/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It's not that big of a deal. If you want,leave the lights on 24/7.

Anonymous

Re: Why am I doing this? [Re: puscle]
    #431815 - 10/20/01 09:27 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It seems to be a popular thing to do(12/12). Im wondering if it's because most people got their start growing pot,and it's some kind of carryover tek from that? (flowering)

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #431866 - 10/20/01 10:36 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

HQ just uses ambient light (light whenever the closet door is open, light in the room, whereever...) no particular light has been required by her yet. she has a fear of bulbs and heat and fire :)

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Anonymous

Re: Why am I doing this? [Re: oscill8]
    #431895 - 10/20/01 10:52 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the reply, yeah I have the door ajar right now as a matter of fact. Isn't it strange though how you read in so many places about doing the 12on 12off thing?

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #431936 - 10/20/01 11:30 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I use 12 on 12 off because it is right by my window and that seems to be the usual sunlight ratio right now to day to night.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Anonymous

Re: Why am I doing this? [Re: phrozendata]
    #431955 - 10/20/01 11:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I realize it mimmicks natures cycle, but Im just wondering how so much b.s. info about it being crucial got out there to start with.

Anonymous

#432124 - 10/21/01 08:35 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

" I am the BUMPER coocoocajoo "

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
    #432160 - 10/21/01 09:43 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well I have my setup beside my stereo equipment and thats beside my computer.. so the desk lamp is always over my setup. Its on when I'm awake.. I guess I give them light from 7am to 11pm.

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Anonymous

Post deleted by users_request [Re: ]
    #432265 - 10/21/01 11:52 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
Re: Why am I doing this? [Re: Anonymous]
    #432291 - 10/21/01 12:23 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I don't believe mushrooms are one of those. I do wonder about different types and/or duration of light affecting potency. Hmm

--------------------
I SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT OF DR. BLUETHUMBS OLD SCHOOL TOADSTOOLS 100%

InvisibleMrB
Stranger
Re: Why am I doing this? [Re: puscle]
    #432296 - 10/21/01 12:35 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

having the lights on 24/7 can contribute to Fat-Assism (as well as insufficent air exchange, etc).... From my cat's experience in the last few weeks he found that decreasing from constant light to frequent light did cut down on the number of these silly couch potato variety cubensis..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
990 topic views. 9 members, 66 guests and 104 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.