Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Inhalants disturb me .....
    #4318491 - 06/20/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

WHAT IS NITROUS OXIDE?

Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) is a gas that has been safely used as a mild anesthetic in combination with oxygen for over a century.
It is classified as a "dissociative anaesthetic."
Nitrous is legally available for over-the-counter sale, although in many states it is illegal to sell nitrous to a minor. Some states also have laws against inhaling nitrous for intoxication purposes.
Nitrous is most commonly sold in small canisters for use in making whipped cream ("whippits"), although it can also be purchased in large tanks.

HOW IS NITROUS USED?

Nitrous is always inhaled.
Users either inhale the gas directly from a tank or else dispense it first into balloons.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?

A lungful of nitrous oxide results in the temporary loss of motor control and a "dissociative" psychological effect, where sensations and perceptions become disconnected.
Users report a dreamy mental state, and may experience mild audio and visual hallucinations.
The effects come on immediately and usually last less than a minute. Repeated inhalations of nitrous can extend and intensify the experience.
BE CAREFUL.

Nitrous produces an immediate loss of motor control. Stay seated if you are going to inhale nitrous. There have been many injuries and a few deaths from people who have fallen down after inhaling nitrous.
Your brain needs oxygen! Brain damage and suffocation can result from inhaling pure nitrous for an extended period of time.
Nitrous can be extremely cold when it comes out of the tank. Cold gas can burn the skin as well as the lips and throat. Dispensing the gas into a balloon and allowing it to warm up before inhaling it can reduce this risk.
High pressure levels in the tank can shoot the gas out at a dangerously fast speed and damage the lungs. Again, it is safer to inhale from a balloon than from a tank.
Nitrous can be psychologically addictive. While rare, many people have become addicted to nitrous and other dissociatives.
The regular use of nitrous can cause long-lasting numbness in the extremities and other neurological problems.

--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4318493 - 06/20/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Never tried it :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineTheDudeAbides
Livin Off FrostyBarley Pops andPork Soda
 User Gallery

Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: ivi]
    #4318500 - 06/20/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Let's just say I am HAPPY to go to the dentist now :smile:

It's wierd at the dentist though because it is constantly coming through your nose in one of those mask things, and they have their hands in your mouth working. SO, I tend to breathe a little too much nitrous, I have actually closed my mouth at the dentist listening to my cds...They were like "can you please open your mouth"..hehe.

--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4318530 - 06/20/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nitrous isn't what you would consider an "inhalant", sure, it's inhaled, but that's where the similarities end.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: gdman]
    #4318593 - 06/20/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Its a flouracarbon ...similarities do exist

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4318650 - 06/20/05 08:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How would it be a fluorocarbon... it lacks both fluorine and carbon... it's N2O.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: gdman]
    #4318659 - 06/20/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The propellant is a flourocarbon...i wont go any further because im tired of getting banned

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4318678 - 06/20/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The propellent is N2O.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: Diploid]
    #4318682 - 06/20/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yea, it's compressed.. any compressed gas is going to shoot out as soon as you open the tank... .

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: Phychotron]
    #4318686 - 06/20/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The main danger (other than falling down and clobbering your dumbass head) is the anoxia from breathing pure N20, which naturally has no oxygen.

X-Post:

Medical N2O is mixed with at least 21% oxygen. Breathing 0% oxygen is unpleasant and kills brain cells by the millions with each breath; not to mention that it can cause cardiac arrest if you're on the far side of 40 years old or so.

Get yourself a scuba cylinder with oxygen if you can at all afford it before you do whippits.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4318693 - 06/20/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, if you don't have o2, than don't use a mask hooked to a tank, use balloons, be safe.

--------------------

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

#4318696 - 06/20/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
The propellent is N2O.

Yeah and thats where the problem is 2 parts nitrogen 1 oxygen
most inhalants have a propellent ...hell underarm deodorant used to use R-12 ...Guys the shits bad without some kind of oxygen addition

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #4318736 - 06/20/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you should have seen my friends, well ex-friends as they sucked the freon out of the houses air conditioner into their lungs...... now thats an inhalant

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #4318814 - 06/20/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah and thats where the problem is 2 parts nitrogen 1 oxygen

Alright, not to pick nits, but just to ensure accurate drug information, chemistry 101:

Nitrous Oxide (N2O) is a molecule. It's composed of two nitrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, hence the N2 and the O. It could also be written as N2O1, but chemists are lazy, so when there's just one atom in the empirical formula, they don't bother to write it down.

This goes for water also, which is H2O, two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

When you breath an N2O molecule, you do not have metabolic access to the O part because it is bound in the molecule. Breathing pure N2O means you are breathing 0% oxygen (because the oxygen in the N2O isn't metabolically available) and 100% N2O. If you breathe this continuously for more than a couple of minutes, you will die from asphyxiation.

When your dentist gives you N2O, he adds at 50% oxygen to the N2O. This is why you can breath it for an hour or more with no harmful effects while he drills into your teeth.

In the home whippits world, people typically load a balloon with 100% N2O and suck on that. Needless to say, each lungfull of pure N2O contains no oxygen. Air is 21% oxygen; normal, healthy people pass out when their breathing gas contains less than 16% oxygen. This is why airliners drop oxygen masks when they depressurize at altitude.

The safe way to do whippits at home is to always use a balloon and never any kind of mask. This way, you have a built-in safety; if you pass out, the balloon will fly away and you'll recover when you start breathing plain air again. The next thing you should do is to add a big lungfull of pure oxygen from a welding or scuba tank to the balloon along with the N2O. This way, you will not hit your brain with a sledge hammer of anoxia with each breath.

One side benefit of adding at least 20% oxygen to your balloon is that you will not pass out from the anoxia just about the same time the N2O high is starting up. With oxygen in the balloon, you can keep breathing in and out of the balloon as the high builds.

Couple this with psilocybin mushrooms and you'll have the time of your life, safely.

Hope this makes sense.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

#4318879 - 06/20/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote if you pass out, the balloon will fly away and you'll recover when you start breathing plain air again. Quote

I wont do a drug thats relying on a balloon flying away for survival
I allways thought id like to go to a shroomery gathering,if they are suckking ballons ill stay home and just do shrooms and smoke good reefer
Thats just my opinion

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #4318886 - 06/20/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Inhalants disturb you?...
...Yet Dune is your fave sci-fi movie?
Dune is disturbing...
...Bald chicks, Aliens with vagina-esqe faces, that dude with the boils, Sting(the singer from The Police), and a main character that is a worm rider...
...that is disturbing.

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: California]
    #4318899 - 06/20/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thats a movie dude .. :confused:

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4318910 - 06/20/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
you should have seen my friends, well ex-friends as they sucked the freon out of the houses air conditioner into their lungs...... now thats an inhalant

Your friends arent too bright are they??? Thats just wild. I would never even consider doing that. Never knew anyone that has either.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #4318911 - 06/20/05 10:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know, I know, just seemed sstrange to me at the moment.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Re: Inhalants disturb me ..... [Re: California]
    #4318946 - 06/20/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dune just stimulated my mind....It didnt kill braincells by oxy deprivation
I did all that from beer or other drink :faded:
I lost my best friend to inhalants and i wont ever condone that stupidity
Ill stick to good refer and my shrooms

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate