Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash
    #4318473 - 06/20/05 09:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

guess what i did?

i took out his real and fake id's figured the younger one was him, called information and got his phone number, talked to his parents and got nicks phone number, then i called him and let him know i had it and would mail it back to him if i couldnt meet with him at roo :smile:

theres aroune $80 in there and a debit card, and some id's and phone cards :smile:

im one of the good guys
his rents are offering me a reward and so is he, i havent mailed it yet, but i doubt ill take much if any.

:smile: K+ bitches
:smile: :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4318479 - 06/20/05 10:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thats probly the most honest and respectful thing iv ever heard. good man:thumbup:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4318482 - 06/20/05 10:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thats beacuse im an eagle scout, well actually no. its because im a good person

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4318485 - 06/20/05 10:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome, man. Some people would just take the money and drop it. That's very kind of you to take the time to track him down and get it back to him.

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4318488 - 06/20/05 10:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

man ur goin have some good karma coming your way

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

OfflineTheDudeAbides
Livin Off FrostyBarley Pops andPork Soda
 User Gallery

Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4318490 - 06/20/05 10:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4318521 - 06/20/05 10:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey hey! Im an eagle scout to :smile: (no joke)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4318528 - 06/20/05 10:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you will have good karma all right!... I did about the same thing...there was a guy in a hurry getting off the bus, and luckily he was getting off at the same time as me..it was a few years ago. But anyway, he was in a hurry and dropped the wallet on the bus walking off in a hurry, he didn't even notice he dropped it...
I Picked it up and caught up with him up the sidewalk...and gave it to him...I told him I didn't even look inside or anything...he said thanks..and looked really surprized and relieved...he had a look on his face like there was a good amount of cash in there...
I am not sure if there was any money in the wallet... but I treat people the way i would want to be treated.. :tongue2: :sun:
  I am not sure if I got any good karma from it or not..that was a few years ago..back in 2003...before all my legal problems...

Edited by skunk78395 (06/20/05 10:25 PM)

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4318553 - 06/20/05 10:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
guess what i did?

i took out his real and fake id's figured the younger one was him, called information and got his phone number, talked to his parents and got nicks phone number, then i called him and let him know i had it and would mail it back to him if i couldn't meet with him at roo :smile:

theres around $80 in there and a debit card, and some id's and phone cards :smile:

I'm one of the good guys
his rents are offering me a reward and so is he, i haven't mailed it yet, but i doubt ill take much if any.

:smile: K+ bitches
:smile: :smile:

Wow!  :eek:

Nice Zippoz!  That is the coolest thing I've heard someone do in a LONG time!  On behalf of humanity, thanks man.

:heart:  :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Dovers - The Third Eye

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4318572 - 06/20/05 10:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I lost my wallet with almost 100 in it once, credit cars, id and everything. i was away from home too.... i get a call from my mom saying some guy found my wallet go pick it up at the hotel such and such desk.

I couldnt believe it still had all the cash in it. There are good people out there and that was most noble of you.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
    #4318585 - 06/20/05 10:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i once lost my wallet at Red Rocks then a few days later someone called me and gave it back, then refused when i went to give him the $20 i had in the wallet. i was shocked that someone would return it in the first place.

zippoz you are a good person.

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: Druginduced]
    #4318586 - 06/20/05 10:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you were an Eagle scout?, I never made it that far..I think I made it to Star scout..or close to..it has been too long..

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: Skunk420]
    #4318735 - 06/20/05 11:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yea man, im the same way.. money is money, but keeping someone elses money would make me feel guilty as hell. i find it much more satisfying to return it to its owner, even if its just a dollar someone dropped.

money really doesnt compare to plain old human decency

this one time when i was like 4, i was in FAO schwartz in NYC, and i found a wallet on the floor. so me and my pops went and had them announce the guys name on the loudspeaker. so he came and got his wallet.. then he let me pick out any toy i wanted and he bought it for me!

i dont remember what i got, but im fairly certain it had something to do with ninja turtles

so many people in this world go out of their way to steal money.. but going out of your way to return lost money. now thats admirable

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: BoneMan]
    #4318754 - 06/20/05 11:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes really..money IS money..just think if you lost your wallet..it would not be very fun...especally if it had a lot of cash and important cards..etc.. in it..
I need money like the next person..but i still would return the money to the owner and every thing else that was in it..
  It wouldn't even matter to me if they never gave me anything in return for doing it..I just would feel good inside that I have done a decent thing..That is cool that you did that as well.. :wink: :sun:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: Skunk420]
    #4318761 - 06/20/05 11:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you know i should add this
i dont usually want anything, but its always nice when they offer, so i can refuse.....
if tey dont offer sometimes i get bothered...
but when they do offer i always refuse.....

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4318778 - 06/20/05 11:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That is cool, I would refuse too..I never had it happen before except that one time....I found money on the ground a bunch of times..a ten dollar bill, and a one dollar bill right by each other..it was 3:30 am near a store and know one was around..
and I found plenty of one dollar bills and less in my time as well..
but who could claim that cash?

Edited by skunk78395 (06/20/05 11:35 PM)

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #4318977 - 06/21/05 12:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if its 3:30 am and no ones around then theres no way you can find the rightful owner.. you can keep that without a guilty conscience..

if you went around asking "i found this money on the ground. is it yours?" then the first person you ask would probly take it

better you keep it than some lyin ass money wanter

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: BoneMan]
    #4319005 - 06/21/05 12:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

...no kidding really..I know, the first person you ran into would say it was thiers, but of course they would..
the funny thing is I was broke at the time...and was looking for change in the soda machines and on the ground..in the parking lots nearby for anything..that is when I discovered the 10 dollar bill and the one neaby..it was in a grocery store parking lot and the store had been closed since midnight...so hey lucky find!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: so some tripping dude gave me some wallet he found at bonnaroo, full o cash [Re: ZippoZ] * 1
    #4319709 - 06/21/05 06:52 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

fucking cool, zippoz... :thumbup:

i have a friend who, when we lived at the same boarding school, would go around to the different common-kitchens and, when nobody was looking, wash the dishes. (there was always a big problem in the houses with people not washing their dishes :grin: ). he would get all embarassed if people came in and saw him - he said he liked to do it without people knowing it was him. hehe weird guy. but nice :sun:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub