Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
A solution to the "War on Drugs"
    #4316049 - 06/20/05 02:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Since America is based on personal freedoms....the "War on Drugs" is un-American and probably un-Constitutional.

An easy solution to this war, is to legalize all recreational drugs and ration them.

If you want to buy marijuana(alcohol/cocaine...) you will have to take a class on the dangers of the drug. Once you take the class you will have to pass a basic knowledge test to get a license to buy marijuana(alcohol/cocaine...)

This license will have a limit to how much marijuana(alcohol/cocaine...) you can buy per week. If you are caught misusing the drug your license can be suspended or revoked.

With the government in control this will be a much safer system than the current uncontrolled rampant drug use in America today.

This takes the danger out of the drug and allows some control over the distribution of the drug.

???comments.......suggestions....complaints???

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: A solution to the "War on Drugs" [Re: niteowl]
    #4316177 - 06/20/05 04:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i agree

a free man should have free choice.
if the government denies this, then america is not the land of the free.

but, there is a problem with your statement.
the same which i have said above will then be used against you (possibly by the government supporters) saying that by controlling the amount allowed, etc. you are thus also takin away freedom. thus, even you are saying that people need to be controlled otherwise they will get out of hand and hurt themselves, others around them, and society in general. so, by saying it should be legal with some limitations, your asking to lower the severity of what the government has already built, but still support the basic idea.

or am i just tired...? either way, i do support what your saying, but we need to find either another way to word/phrase this, or have a come back for such a remark. or include this remark, and in so make legalization seem less drastic. your not destroying a strong already build and supported foundation, just trimming off the barbed wire.

i dont know... like i said, im tired, gonna go pass out soon...
:kodama:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4316232 - 06/20/05 06:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You must be out of your mind! The very PURPOSE of the war on drugs is to protect the people against this menace.

Comparing marijuana to alcohol. :rolleyes:
Throwing cocaine in the mix..
Have you lost all sense of whats right and wrong? Good good man, just wait until it's your son injecting spores right up the vein! Right up the vein! When your daughter spends all her allowance on marijuana, stops studying and goes outr with a guy named Star who has longer hair than her, you'll come to other thoughts.

If you do the crime you got to do the time. Period.
Giving out a licence to buy drugs is the day we stop being sane!
DRUGS ARE FAR TO DANGEROUS TO MESS WITH AND IT WOULD BE CRIMINAL IF WE JUST HANDED THEM OUT.

Note: This is not my opinion, I'm delivering a counterpoint taking on the role of an anti-drug crusader. Anti people would be uncomfortable on our site so I'll offer the voice of opposition. Again: this is not my opinion.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: A solution to the "War on Drugs" [Re: Asante]
    #4316387 - 06/20/05 08:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
You must be out of your mind! The very PURPOSE of the war on drugs is to protect the people against this menace.

The war on drugs is not keeping drugs out of anybodies hands. My daughter can get drugs much easier today than she could if the government actually had some kind of control over the distribution of drugs.

It is easy as pie for someone under 18 to get their hands on virtually ANY drug today.

How is that safe?

Quote:

Comparing marijuana to alcohol. :rolleyes:
Throwing cocaine in the mix...

Can you point out any deaths due to the use of marijuana.

I can point out many thousand deaths due to alcohol and tobacco.

Should we outlaw all things that are bad for you...what about McDonalds?

Quote:

Have you lost all sense of whats right and wrong? Good god man, just wait until it's your son injecting spores right up the vein! Right up the vein! When your daughter spends all her allowance on marijuana, stops studying and goes out with a guy named Star who has longer hair than her, you'll come to other thoughts.

If you teach your children about drugs then they are much more likely not to do them.

As it is now my daughter/son CAN buy drugs on the street. There is nothing to prevent them from doing so.

Out government claims these drugs are "controlled substances" but there is NO control over how they are distributed. If the government took control over them and oversaw their distribution....it would be much harder for children to get them.

Quote:

If you do the crime you got to do the time. Period.

How is it productive to put me in jail for smoking a joint? I have a full time job and pay taxes. If you put me in jail for exercising my personal freedoms then you just lost a productive member of society.

Quote:

Giving out a license to buy drugs is the day we stop being sane!

Really, how "sane" is it to let these drugs run rampant in the streets?

You do realize that our "War on Drugs" only stops about 10-15% of the drugs on the street.

As long as there are people willing to buy the drugs there will ALWAYS be someone willing to sell it to them.

Quote:

DRUGS ARE FAR TO DANGEROUS TO MESS WITH AND IT WOULD BE CRIMINAL IF WE JUST HANDED THEM OUT.

Please point out where I said we should just hand drugs out?

Now your just being dramatic.

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #4316986 - 06/20/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

haha, she (I think) was being sarcastic. In a HST tone as well maybe.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4317409 - 06/20/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The war on drugs is not keeping drugs out of anybodies hands.
(...)
It is easy as pie for someone under 18 to get their hands on virtually ANY drug today.

Then it should be fought with more vigour, instead of us going soft on drugs.

Quote:

How is that safe?

Drugs are just bad m'kay? If we get the message across to kids that drugs suck and that they should just say NO then the drug war is one. But if you own drugs then you have financed organized crime and even if you deal drugs, even just one reefer, then you are part of organized crime and must be punished accordingly.

We should not go soft on drugs.

Quote:

Can you point out any deaths due to the use of marijuana.
I can point out many thousand deaths due to alcohol and tobacco.

Marijuana is a smoke and smoking is bad. Interesting that you point to the dangers of tobacco smoke but not pot smoke.
Do you, or do you not, own a tie-dye shirt?

Marijuana is the gateway drug. All the fiends who smoke heroin from their crack have started out on pot. Pot is big business these days. Big plantations patrolled with guns. People getting killed over crops. Harmless :rolleyes:

Young people should smoke salmon, not pot.

Quote:

If the government took control over them and oversaw their distribution....it would be much harder for children to get them.

The government cant become an organized crime syndicate! The idea is ridiculous and goes against worldwide drug policy.
Is the world wrong, too?

We're trying to phase out smoking. And its working. Being drunk in public is becoming less popular too. Eventually we'll snuff out all those drugs and have a sober world more receptive to the teachings of Jesus.

Quote:

How is it productive to put me in jail for smoking a joint? I have a full time job and pay taxes. If you put me in jail for exercising my personal freedoms then you just lost a productive member of society.

Smoking pot is not a "personal freedom", it is a crime. If you do the crime you got to do the time.

Quote:

Really, how "sane" is it to let these drugs run rampant in the streets?
You do realize that our "War on Drugs" only stops about 10-15% of the drugs on the street.
As long as there are people willing to buy the drugs there will ALWAYS be someone willing to sell it to them.

We're trying to stop the flow of drugs and stopping 15% is not bad at all. If you want to discourage people to use drugs you should get tough on drugs and not all soft.

Quote:

Please point out where I said we should just hand drugs out?

You know very well that my point was that illegal drugs are too dangerous for use period, thats why they are illegal. If you are making drugs available you are spreading a menace to society and its a good thing our government has no part in that.

Note: This is not my opinion, I'm delivering a counterpoint taking on the role of an anti-drug crusader. Anti people would be uncomfortable on our site so I'll offer the voice of opposition. Again: this is not my opinion.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: A solution to the "War on Drugs" [Re: moosehead]
    #4317434 - 06/20/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I noticed the sarcasm, but too be honest that is the same crap u hear on cnn/msnbc when they bring in DEA ppl to tell us why they should keep their jobs. Very good job in capturing their job pleas accurately.

To me, I view violence as the worst crimes and that should be delt with 1st. If one position is causing violence then that position needs to be dropped. There would be very little violence associated with drugs if you shine the light of day on them. Bring them out into the open so the junkies have to walk trough the day light to get there fix so everyone can see, instead of forcing them into the darkness where violence is so at home.

The war on drugs is little more than a way to control the degernates who fail to make it in the current system. Instead of trying to get these people help we just "lock em up" and get them stuck in the revolving door of the system. Cross out "jew" and write in "drug users" is what they have done. The power mongers have to find someone to point the finger at.

To quote a great Tool song: "Point that fucking finger up your ass!"  :headbang:

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4317519 - 06/20/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck!!!!!

This is the THIRD time I have had to start this over due to Firefox shutting down on me.

So Im going to break this up into smaller posts so I dont get halfway thru and loose EVERYTHING I TYPED

Quote:

Then it should be fought with more vigour, instead of us going soft on drugs.

We have been fighting this war for 30+ years and made NO headway in curbing drug use in America.

If your methods arent working then you have to change your methods.

Quote:

If we get the message across to kids that drugs suck and that they should just say NO then the drug war is one.

Again we have been preaching to our children to "Just say no" for years and it hasnt worked yet.

"If your methods arent working then you have to change your methods."

Quote:

But if you own drugs then you have financed organized crime and even if you deal drugs, even just one reefer, then you are part of organized crime and must be punished accordingly.

There isn't enuf prisons to hold every "pot head" nor enuf money to build the prisons.

Quote:

We should not go soft on drugs.

I never said we should "go soft on drugs". Just that we need a better way of controlling them than the current method.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4317559 - 06/20/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Marijuana is a smoke and smoking is bad. Interesting that you point to the dangers of tobacco smoke but not pot smoke.

I dont remember saying anything about the dangers of smoking. I agree that smoking is not good for your health but neither is eating a hamburger at McDonalds.

Should we make McDonalds illegal?

Just because something is bad for you doesnt mean that it should be illegal.

Quote:

Do you, or do you not, own a tie-dye shirt?

No I don't own a tie dyed tee-shirt....sorry.
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:

Marijuana is the gateway drug.

WRONG.......tobacco and alcohol are the true "gateway drugs"

Quote:

All the fiends who smoke heroin from their crack have started out on pot. Pot is big business these days. Big plantations patrolled with guns. People getting killed over crops.

People are being killed because there is BIG money involved in the pot business. Anytime a plant is worth its weight in GOLD.....people will protect their crops with violence.

Quote:

Young people should smoke salmon, not pot.

You do realize that pot can be eaten. You dont have to smoke pot.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4317586 - 06/20/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The government cant become an organized crime syndicate!

If drugs are legalized......where is this mythical crime syndicate?

Quote:

The idea is ridiculous and goes against worldwide drug policy.
Is the world wrong, too?

What about Holland? The have decriminalized drug use and their society hasn't suffered from this.

Quote:

We're trying to phase out smoking. And its working. Being drunk in public is becoming less popular too. Eventually we'll snuff out all those drugs and have a sober world more receptive to the teachings of Jesus.

Jesus drank wine.....a DRUG :whoa:

Now I know why he was crucified.....he was a wino.

BTW.....doesn't the bible say to use the plants that God gave us.
Marijuana IS a plant....so according to your own bible we should be using Marijuana and Magic Mushrooms religiously.

Yea.....Go Jesus!!!!
Smoke a bowl and chill.... :mushroom2:

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #4317595 - 06/20/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BTW.....doesn't the bible say to use the plants that God gave us.

Should we also be using Castor beans to produce Ricin?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4317612 - 06/20/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Smoking pot is not a "personal freedom", it is a crime. If you do the crime you got to do the time.

So I don't have the right to eat a plant?

Quote:

If you want to discourage people to use drugs you should get tough on drugs and not all soft.

Your NEVER going to discourage people from using drugs. No matter how much propaganda you throw at the issue.....people will ALWAYS want to use some form of drug.

Keeping them illegal hasn't slowed drug use at all in America.

Quote:

You know very well that my point was that illegal drugs are too dangerous for use period, thats why they are illegal.

Should we outlaw alcohol?....Remember prohibition in the 20's. That went over real good didn't it.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: A solution to the "War on Drugs" [Re: newuser1492]
    #4317622 - 06/20/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
Should we also be using Castor beans to produce Ricin?

Why not?
Ricin by itself is harmless.
When you start using this poison on other people.....then you have commited a crim and should be punished for it.

If I want to make Ricin and use it on myself.....where is the crime?

I have harmed no one but myself.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
    #4317945 - 06/20/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

alright, im back in the mix.
first off, you guys are cosntanyl jumping back between children and grown adults. the government is using our children to put fear into our thoughts. we fear for our childrens saftey. but the thing is, we are not asking or drugs to be sold to children. we are asking that they be legal for adults. also, as a child, it would make sense that they do not have all privilages as an adult, but once you hit that age, who is to say what you can and cannot consume?? why do i no longer have the choice because of someone elses personal beliefs. if others dont want to consume what i consume, thats perfectly fine, but why should they stop me also?
as dangerous as drugs may be, people should still have their freedom to choose whether they want to do this or not. look at all the other crazy sports etc that there are. (sky diving, dirt bike stunts, daredevils, motorcycle riding, etc.) that shit is crazy, and i think drugs can be alot safter than alot of those things. but we still do them. and we do them at any given age.

uhm, and with gods plants. bible says to use gods plants. but didnt god also say not to eat the forbidden fruit? (i never completely read the bible, sorry if im acting ignorant and say something stupid.) so, what is the forbidden fruit? was it really just an apple from the sacred apple tree? or was it the fruit of a certain plant. or the bud? etc etc.

and smoking pot is only a crime if the government wants it to be, but as it does not hurt anyone but the user, should it really be considered a crime (especially when the users tend to be less violence prone)?

and yes, by legalizing drugs and using the method stated already, drugs can be controlled alot easier. i am still under 21, and i am having a bitch of a time tryin to get a beer... but i can have weed, shrooms, etc pretty much at the drop of a hand. this shows how by legalizing it, it will be controlled. (and dont you guys think 21 is kinda high... in germany you can legally by beer at 16, and everything else legal at 18. once your 18, your a grown adult...)
i got high before i ever got drunk because i couldnt get enough alcohol at a time. btu i could get enough weed!

and pot is not the gateway. the gateway is the persons interest. if he wanted to get high or trip, caus hes curious etc, then he will. weed is easier to get a hold of, and seems to be less harmfull. so alot of people start there. i do know a few people who completly skipped weed and started on harder drugs. its what the person wanted, nto what they have taken...
alot of people are very productive on drugs while others arent. thats an individual thing. i personally cant concentrate when im high, thus, i just dont smoke when alot of concentration is needed (school, work, etc). but at the end of the day, when its time to relax, why not smoke a lil weed? thats me, some friends of mine actually concentrate better when they are high, its easier for them to not get distracted. thus, they do their homework etc high, and get good grades.
btw, in my highschool class. i was friends with two of the class "nerds" both did not drink, smoke, or do any type of drugs. they were A students and studied their asses off to get there. but guess who actually got better grades (and got the highest sat score) in the whole class and is now in peperdine university california? my other friend who was the party animal. the guy that smoked atleast 4-5days a week, and drank atleast 3 days a week...

i conclude, as a free person, as long as we do not harm others, we should have our freedom and thus our choice as an adult whether or not we want to consume so called unhealthy substances.
thank you, and good day.
:nutkick:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
    #4317958 - 06/20/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Have you lost all sense of whats right and wrong? Good good man, just wait until it's your son injecting spores right up the vein! Right up the vein!

ps, just gotta say, i loved this part. haha, great effect man, your good.  :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: A solution to the "War on Drugs" [Re: eligal]
    #4318278 - 06/20/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, the injecting spores thing, kinda made me laugh too.

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
    #4320778 - 06/21/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The huge difference in pot, is it can be smoked or eaten right off the plant without any processing. Where cocain, heroine, meth ect..have to be processed by humans. Take a coca leaf right off the plant and it will do little more to you than a nodoze pill would.

Isn't it odd, that it took some really, really smart guy to figure out how to process out the impurities of these plants to make extreemly potent drugs and now poor, uneducated people are being locked up left and right for it?

These highly addictive substances were introduced to the poor by our govt as means of control (and you'll find out if it's ever declassified). Get them addicted, bust them for possesion and now you can legally bypass their constitutional rights because they are now "criminals".

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: A solution to the "War on Drugs" [Re: Sycronica]
    #4327385 - 06/23/05 01:23 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sycronica said:
I noticed the sarcasm, but too be honest that is the same crap u hear on cnn/msnbc when they bring in DEA ppl to tell us why they should keep their jobs. Very good job in capturing their job pleas accurately.

To me, I view violence as the worst crimes and that should be delt with 1st. If one position is causing violence then that position needs to be dropped. There would be very little violence associated with drugs if you shine the light of day on them. Bring them out into the open so the junkies have to walk trough the day light to get there fix so everyone can see, instead of forcing them into the darkness where violence is so at home.

The war on drugs is little more than a way to control the degernates who fail to make it in the current system. Instead of trying to get these people help we just "lock em up" and get them stuck in the revolving door of the system. Cross out "jew" and write in "drug users" is what they have done. The power mongers have to find someone to point the finger at.

To quote a great Tool song: "Point that fucking finger up your ass!"  :headbang:

Here is my problem with your statement, "Bring them out into the open so the junkies have to walk trough the day light to get there fix so everyone can see, instead of forcing them into the darkness" we want to end the war on drugs to increase freedom and civil rights, forcing people to "Bring them out into the open so the junkies have to walk trough the day light to get there fix so everyone can see" means that the government would simply be using drugs to control and humiliate people.  How is that any better than the war on drugs?

BTW, You need to read this http://www.speakout.com/forum_view.asp?Forum=Drugs&MID=18261&mMID=18261 to understand how badly the war on drugs has warped some minds.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: A solution to the "War on Drugs" [Re: LSDempire]
    #4331490 - 06/24/05 07:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Drugs are just bad m'kay?

They are a menace to society and should be wiped out.

Drugs create great harm to society. Not long ago a hippy drove a schoolbus full of kids off a cliff because his brain started to bleed from the LDS and he was heared playing the jazz saxophone because of the reefer even as the bus plummeted down the cliff.

Drugs should be prescribed by a doctor. If the AMA doesnt want to prescribe it then its not a drug but a poison. Doctors know best, we should not tamper with a poison that isnt even pure.

With 85% of all drugs still on the loose we need the War on Drugs more than ever :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4331504 - 06/24/05 07:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Drugs are just bad m'kay?

They are a menace to society and should be wiped out.

Drugs create great harm to society. Not long ago a hippy drove a schoolbus full of kids off a cliff because his brain started to bleed from the LDS and he was heared playing the jazz saxophone because of the reefer even as the bus plummeted down the cliff.

Drugs should be prescribed by a doctor. If the AMA doesnt want to prescribe it then its not a drug but a poison. Doctors know best, we should not tamper with a poison that isnt even pure.

With 85% of all drugs still on the loose we need the War on Drugs more than ever :thumbup:

If this is not your opinion why should I waste my time arguing with such mindless rhetoric?  Most of the people who support the war on drugs don't even believe in what they say, they use the war on drugs for their own benefit.  Politicians and enforcers have been using the war on drugs to gain wealth and power.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag