Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
Love
    #4314509 - 06/19/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Over the past 5 years or so I have kinda pulled outta society a bit...I mean I go to work and stuff like that and have friends but I enjoy spending alot of my time alone wondering about what going on here...is there such a thing as enlightenment??? stuff of that nature....i can't help pondering this this stuff because i enjoy it that much....

I have thought much on the subject of love and have come to a conclusion that there is such a thing but it is not what we have been brought up to think it is....People like to fragment love into diffrent types mother-child, husband-wife etc etc...I believe now these are projections of what we think it should be...and thats why an incredible amount of relationships fail these days because people mistake love for other stuff .......

The real "love" (lets just call it that) is the same between a mother-child as it would be between to complete strangers....
LOL I talk some people about this and they think I have lost my marbles!!!!...maybe I have :smile:any views on this?

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Love [Re: Billy1111]
    #4314528 - 06/19/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Check out my sig :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4314531 - 06/19/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Love is an abstract notion that means I will help you instead of kill you. It is an emotion that was created out of biological imperative. Without love mankind would extinguish itself.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4314921 - 06/19/05 07:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I post about love also and am sure many think I'm pretty silly/naive. And in some ways I am. Anyway I think also many people mistake desire or attachment or need, for love.

The definition of love I like includes the word unconditional in front of it. Unconditional love is complete unto itself. Many people think that unconditional love does not allow one to disagree or even get angry. I think it does. And it accepts what is without condition and knows that at the core everything is an aspect of itself. This includes EVERYTHING.

I cannot in any way prove this. I believe it because one day for about 6 hours I experienced it. From that day forward my life was altered and in brief moments, to some degree, I am able to live that love now, in my day to day. It has become the benchmark for all my striving in this human form.

Since I realize that I can know nothing for sure. I have chosen love to believe in because it feels so good. And that's my two cents. :heart: :grin:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Love [Re: Icelander]
    #4314936 - 06/19/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How can you give unconditional love to a person who uses your good will as a tool for betrayal at every turn? How do you give unconditional love to someone who threatens your existance? I like the concept of unconditional love, but there are many bugs in the code.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Love [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4314950 - 06/19/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
How can you give unconditional love to a person who uses your good will as a tool for betrayal at every turn? How do you give unconditional love to someone who threatens your existance? I like the concept of unconditional love, but there are many bugs in the code.

This is how I do it. I recognize that there personality structure is not the totality of who they are. I unconditionally love the creative nature that resides at the center of being, which I believe is the ultimate Tao, while dealing with the actions of that person appropriately. I don't mistake their actions for their totality.

If I had to kill them in self defense, I could do it without hating them, ect.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4314975 - 06/19/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No four-letter word can ever hope to come close to describing the state of mind that "love" is supposed to define.  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: Love [Re: trendal]
    #4315046 - 06/19/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
No four-letter word "love" :smirk:

Rimes with "love" doesn't it?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4315050 - 06/19/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:

How do you bend over to pick up a coin? You just do it

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Love [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4316055 - 06/20/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"I don't mistake their actions for their totality."

That is very hard to do, but it is the ideal.

"If I had to kill them in self defense, I could do it without hating them"

I understand this concept, but from a different perspective. Hate and anger can blind one's judgement so totally that one puts one's existance in jeapardy.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Love [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4316242 - 06/20/05 06:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Rimes with "love" doesn't it?

*rhymes  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4316246 - 06/20/05 06:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I understand this concept, but from a different perspective. Hate and anger can blind one's judgement so totally that one puts one's existance in jeapardy.

This is a good point and illustrates the survival benefit of unconditional love. In a loving state one is very calm and can always make the best survival choice. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4316796 - 06/20/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I have come to believe that what we refer to as love is actually the interaction between personality structures.  Heartbreak, unrequited love, obsessive love, and the like are clumsy attempts by our ego to act on the Love Force.

My best guess is that Love, or Life Energy, is the motivating and organizing force within all entities.  This sacred fire burns eternally, and is not subject to the petty relationship squabbles humans engage in.

My quest in life (Love) is to release my attachment to love (lowercase "l") and surrender to True Love.  The wonderful, magical gift I've been given is a partner who is on the same path.  The way we love (and Love) each other inspires me every day.  :loveeyes:

There is no doubt in my mind, sweet Icelander...you're the one!  :heartpump:

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #4317085 - 06/20/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:

Heh, you could try to repeat someones mantra 'hate the sin, love the sinner' and continue to be betrayed, or you could kill him instantly for saving humankind of evil and so practice true unconditional love...

:grin: sorry couldn't resist.. because that is also a total mistery to me

edit: I think something in the middle will do the trick ?!:crazy2:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order