Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
drying question, how much desiccant
    #4314893 - 06/19/05 09:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was wondering how much damp rid i should put in my drying chamber to dry 28 grams wet? I'm using a glad container and some cardboard to keep the shrooms from touching the damp-rid. I also wanted to know if it is completely necessary to fan dry them for 24 hours. I only fan dryied for 8 hours, will this be okay?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: drying question, how much desiccant [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4314944 - 06/19/05 09:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

put them on a screen over the damp rid. i don't even fan dry mine. i just let them sit out. it may take a little longer but it works just as good.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: drying question, how much desiccant [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4315026 - 06/19/05 10:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Let me share with you the desiccant chamber I just made...might be of interest to you. I took a round rubbermaid cake container, one of those round plastic paper plate holders that is screenlike in it's webbed design, and 4 plastic film containers. I glued the four film containers with some super glue in four relatively supportive positions around the cake container. I then filled the cake container about halfway up the height of the film containers with desiccant (damp rid). I just fill the paper plate holder with mushies, set em down in there on top of the film containers (support columns for you engineers..LOL), seal it with the cover, and a few days later they are cracker dry. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#4315029 - 06/19/05 10:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

iateshaggy said:
put them on a screen over the damp rid. i don't even fan dry mine. i just let them sit out. it may take a little longer but it works just as good.

You'll go through a bunch more desiccant doing this however. If you've got the money or are just too busy to fan dry or fan drying is too sketch, then just straight up desiccant dry them. Depending on the size of the container and what not just use whatever you think is fair, if it isn't enough, add more, you'll be able to know because whatever is in the container already will turn to one big brick of desiccant. P.S. put a paper towel under the desiccant to soak up any water, just a tip.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: drying question, how much desiccant [Re: ImOver18]
    #4315793 - 06/20/05 02:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i mean i just sit em out and let them air dry. i may get some desiccant eventually but i'm in no ruch to dry mine out. i try to eat them as fresh as possible so the time it takes for them to air dry may be quicker than the next time i want to trip. but if i ever get in a hurry i might try that.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineJoops
Stranger
    #4316122 - 06/20/05 05:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I use small tupperwares / food storage etc containers. I pour an inch or so of damp rid in, not too litle, the more the better. I'd had the same damp rid in two containers since december. fan dry in a bowl with fan as a 'lid' for 2 days or so then throw in the damp rid containers for final drying and storage.

i put aluminum foil on top of the damp rid to seperate from harvests, works great. store container with your yields in a dark place until ready to use.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation