Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
Growers In Europe Unite :)
    #4311006 - 06/18/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, i put a sugestion forward in the feed back section about this ...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4258841

But havnt got any feedback haha..

I think a thread like this even a sticky that translates all the american products into european products would be great , ill get the ball rolling ...

Canning jars can not be found in Europe, The closest is either

these jars found in tesco (about 3euro a jar)

Or Squeeze Orange Marmalade (about 2euro a jar)

Next is Lysol ... That is domestos or Dettol, any anti bacterial spray that says it kills 99% of germs really. Found in any supermarket or chemist (about 3-5 euro)

Next is Geolite ... thats called HydroLeca and found in garden centers (about 10euro for a big bag)

The bag in the top middle is the one,  also vermiculite and perlite bags are there to show you what they look like

PolyFil(er) in europe is a paste that you fill in cracks in walls with :smile: so the closest i can find is supa synthetic filter wool, found in pet shops used for filters (about 1-2euro for a box)

I hopefully will put in more like Tyvek ... i still duno what that is over here :smile: So any help?

And if anyone has any other things that they found hard to find then post them here (if you have a pic thats even better and where u got it and price) And maybe people can do one for australia, england, spain, france etc

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Growers In Europe Unite :) [Re: TheLegend]
    #4311055 - 06/18/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Haaa you talk like Europe is a different planet. And I HIGHLY doubt that no canning jars exist there.

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Growers In Europe Unite :) [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4311426 - 06/18/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you're talking of english products, not european. obviously every country in europe has its own brand names and different products.

canning jars do exist here, but they don't have a 2 pieces lid like masons (separate ring).
also, we don't have gauges on pressure cookers. never heard of any though, except professional lab autoclaves of course.
we don't get tyvek for free at postal offices,
and thanx god we don't use that karo shit in our diet :smile:

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

OfflineTheLegend
Stranger
Re: Growers In Europe Unite :) [Re: lepiota]
    #4313276 - 06/19/05 07:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeh i know that im talking of english products, thats why im saying spain and france etc should do one aswell, like its hard enough trying to turn all the amazing information here from american english to english english , so id say like turning american english to spanish products is impossible :smile:

So what do you use for the Tyvek? and what do you use for your LC?

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
    #4313351 - 06/19/05 09:16 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

mmh, basically in Switzerland , and now Austria ive had a hard time to find various stuff:

Switzerland:

There's no Lysol, no Domestos, but "Sagrotan" Spray. Or you just go into the pharmacie and buy H2O2.

Polyfil: Synthetic Filter Floss, out of a petstore

Coco Fibres: At least in Geneva, i couldnt find any, they always wanted to sell Coco Soil. So i had to order it online.(And i looked in Headshops)

Peat Moss: Yes, this too i couldnt find in a Gardening Center. I ordered this online too...

Jars: I agree with TheLegend (which is a myth to me...) i cant find any jars which are broader on the top than below. Just use ovenbags, or break up the mycelium.

Verm: Headshop had it once, but after that only coarse. Guess what i did? - Yes, order online!

Organic Subs: Gotta find an organic shop

I think this is due to the fact that Switzerland only has one Gardening Store change, which also owns one of the two decent supermarket chains. (No, its not communist)

Austria:

Found everything i needed, due to the fact that when in doubt i can go to MM.org which are situated right near my University. Unfortunately they are rather expensive (sorry marve, but its true...) so i buy
Coir in a Headshop (Kokuserde)
Filterfloss in a Petshop (Filterwatte)
Straw in a Gardening and DIY center (Stroh f?r kleintiere, OBI )
Organic stuff: Gotta find an organic shop (?ko-laden ;-P )
No Broad Mouthed Jars

Germany: (I had to send some stuff to a friend so i know)

Lysol: Sagrotan, or H2O2 (Schlecker)
Polyfil: Synthetic Filterfloss (Filterwatte)
Peat Moss: DIY and Gardening center (Toom baumarkt hats sicherlich)
Stuff he couldnt find, which i had to send: Coir, fine verm, broad mouthed jars

If anyone know where to get Coir or Verm in Germany, please tell me. (Aber nicht Tiefenrausch.com bitte)

If you live in one of these countries and something is still not clear or you have additions please, please PM me.

Concerning Switzerland: I do not speak italian, and my written french is bad.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Edited by JazzMatazz (06/19/05 09:20 AM)

OfflineWojo
Self ProclaimedAsshole
Loc: Detroit Son
Re: Growers In Europe Unite :) [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #4313363 - 06/19/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Tyvek is used in almost every new home construction. They wrap that shit all the way around the houses. If you go over to the local "home depot" or whatever store over there that is geared towards the "do it your-selfer", you will almost definetly find giant roles of tyvek for a very cheap price :wink:, some of the places even sell it by the foot.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growers In Europe Unite :) [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #4314103 - 06/19/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Anno = Austria, he found Tyvek somewhere sold by the meter.

--------------------

Offlinefluks
Stranger
    #4314583 - 06/19/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

so there is only three countries in Europe, England, Spain and France??

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growers In Europe Unite :) [Re: fluks]
    #4316098 - 06/20/05 02:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Canning and corn syrup seem to be US things alright. I saw jars in a heatlh store once but it was far cheaper to buy the squeeze or those bonne mamam (sp?) jars and dump out the jam. It is also cheaper for me to buy full 3-4litre jars of pickles and bump them than buy empty jars. Malt extract in brew stores & health shops (holland & barret have their own brand)

I have lots of filter discs, I must send a bunch to the fsre to send with prints. Tyvek masks can be got in diy stores. Verm, perlite in gardening centres. Wheat in the pet shot (rye is VERY rare where I am), millet is in health shops and expensive.

Aerosol dettol is better than the squirty domestos pictured. The squirt is for surfaces, but the aerosol goes right into the air.

Agar in asian shops.

Edited by blackout (06/20/05 05:07 AM)

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Growers In Europe Unite :) [Re: blackout]
    #4316124 - 06/20/05 03:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i use:

for liquid cultures: honey

for agar cultures: agar agar (health shops)

malt: beer brewing shops

as polyfill: filtering stuff (aquariums, pet shop)

rye: health shop (but quite expensive)

wbs: millet or wbs from pet shops

vermiculite: i can find it only in building grade, from building shops (those who sell bricks and cement)

peat moss: no problems i find it in every garden shop

h2o2, syringes, aluminium etc...: supermarkets

big syringes (60 ml): pharmacy / chemist's

brown rice flour: health shops

jars for grains: bormioli quattro stagioni 0.5 litres (italian brand, but you can find it everywhere in europe)

jars for cakes: bormioli frigoverre or duralex picardie glasses

pressure cooker: lagostina PC, no gauge but works fine.

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag