Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: The body giving chemical rewards??? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4324163 - 06/22/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:

from the 5th link to the ninth link you do have core buddhism.
the others are like the christian gospels, added by structured mystics in the creation of hosh bosh. from hosh bosh comes financing and from financing you get real estate, and from real estate you leave your legacy in this world...

Is this your personal opinion, or are you quoting somebody? The Twelve links were taught by the Buddha and are universal throughout all of Buddhism. Wherever you got this misinformation from, it is totally incorrect and untrue!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The body giving chemical rewards??? [Re: Sinbad]
    #4324192 - 06/22/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

buddhist precepts are realizeable,
i.e. you realize it personally.

getting other people to agree does not make anything true for yourself, only direct knowledge works this way.

I like the middle way and find the fringes of this numerical list full of ignorance (i.e. not direct knowledge), or full of vague approximation while the middle of the list is very consensual.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: The body giving chemical rewards??? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4324519 - 06/22/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The twelve links describe our everyday experiences as well as the siuation of rebirth in its wider sense. The twelve interdependant links (which is part and parcel of the 'middle way') are totally realizable i.e you can have direct experience. Why do you think buddhist claim that they can realize enlightenment within this lifetime (Vajrayana and Zen respectively). Moreover how do you think the Buddha did so? It all can definelty be realized through direct knowlege, all of the links in the chain, that was Buddha's point all along, if this was'nt so then what would be the point in teaching the twelve links? Just becuase you have'nt relaized it yourself, does'nt make it any less realizable.

--------------------

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: The body giving chemical rewards??? [Re: Sinbad]
    #5270018 - 02/06/06 03:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ok, heres my perspective on this

i hate that the first post was the absolute opppostite of the correct answer, which is by concordence, the right answer anyway, but that doesn't matter

anyway, the thing is, emotionally we are bound to our bodies (emotions afect the thought realm we are in which affects the experience we have in this reality), the subjective expereience persay

if you look at it like this, you will see that it is not only the body's way of rewarding the mind, but more importantly the minds way of rewarding the body (like a, you make me go up in thought realm i makeyou feel good) see?

basically its simple

give=take

give good feeling you get good emotion, which also gives you better thought realms, but by concordence you have to have a worse thought realm (sometimes, there are those seldom few who do not, i am luckily one, but most do not realize it, and very few experience it with a great deal of knowledge about it)

sorry i had to type this confusing, there are some entities that are even more entrailed than i am trying to mess with you on this one, ahahah

just read what i said it will make sense (not reallY)

:P

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order