Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Using a heating pad
    #4313438 - 06/19/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone used a heating pad to bring the incubation chamber up to temp with sucess? What I am planning on doing is putting a towel between the chamber and pad. I will test the different settings to get a perfect temp. I am just wondering if it is safe to do this. I know i should do the double tub, so no bother in berating for not doing it. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedrugsaregood
PhD B+
 User Gallery

Re: Using a heating pad [Re: prefloppro]
    #4313443 - 06/19/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

it might work but temperature control is going to be a problem. You might need a timer attached even for the lowest temperature. It's summer, my closet is 81F to begin with. You wouldn't be losing much by just sticky to room temperature.

--------------------
For "incoherent dribble" (drivel) try www.dictionary.com

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Using a heating pad [Re: drugsaregood]
    #4313452 - 06/19/05 10:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

even better than a heating pad are the germination mats for starting seedlings. some have temp controllers while others have a temp range they operate in. mostly they keep temp about 10 degrees above room temp. that is what i use and have pretty good colonization rates.
good luck
peace

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4313462 - 06/19/05 10:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

See my temp in the closet stays about 77f. And my myc. growth is slow as hell. I a couple jars like 1 month ago and there just now colonizing. So I think it has something to do with temps in my closet. And this is not the first time I have had to wait for myc. to grow. My first couple of cakes took a month in half just to colonize fully. Those fruited successfully even though of the long time. I am just worried because this batch of cakes i will be using some tennstud mix and want everything to be perfect. And I cant wait that long for the myc to grow on the poo because of contams. I will try the germenation mats, sounds interesting.

Offlinedrugsaregood
PhD B+
 User Gallery

#4313481 - 06/19/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

1 month to start colonizing is something other than incubating temperature. Multispore should germinate within a week. I guess maybe that could be just REALLY delayed by temperature? What kind of syringes are you using? Syringes that are old, weak or small injections can definitely slow down colonizing time. So can substrate. 77F isn't to far from ideal to risk burning/drying your jars.

--------------------
For "incoherent dribble" (drivel) try www.dictionary.com

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4313482 - 06/19/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you plan on spawning your cakes to h poo, very good idea. let the cakes colonize fully at 85 degrees, then spawn and don't use the heat anymore. the poo will create its own heat and colonize very fast.
good luck
peace

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4313493 - 06/19/05 10:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know whats up with that. I use spores from shroomery sponsors. And I am not stingy at all when injecting. 2 or 3 cc for a pint jar, sometimes less. As for the jars, that is probably where my trouble is. But I follow everything to the dot. A couple of my jars get contaminated. Just like some quart wbs jars i have, I injected about on the 9th. No sign of growth yet at all. So I am pretty sure it is to do with the temp. I will be casing my two final brf cakes, with 50/50 verm,coir. But before i do that i need to get my chamber just right. See i tried to spawn a wbs cake to some poo, and put in my chamber, fanning at least 5 times a day, holes in the alum. foil of the substrate pan. And it still fermented after 3 days. So I sat it outside, now it has cobweb mold. And to whoever says cobweb does not exist, i am hear to tell you it does, and it thrives on my substrate mix. SO I am going to have to toss that one. I like in the center of the USA so that might have something to do with it. No known cubes are said to grow here naturally. I plan on going to the double tub when I get my new place.

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: Using a heating pad [Re: backupwards]
    #4313495 - 06/19/05 10:36 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ok thanks backupwards. I will post my results.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4313506 - 06/19/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

it is said that the biggest reason for failure with grains and wbs is water content. make sure the water content is right. check your methods.
is there any gooey/slimy looking stuff in the wbs. if so probably too wet and contamed. during the spawn run i don't believe you need to fan at all. the holes in the foil allow it to breath as it needs. reason for that again is probably too much water content (not for sure though).
not so sure your geographic location has anything to do with your grows. people all over the world do it with great results.
peace

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4313511 - 06/19/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

oh, what size jars are you using? putting that much spore solution in could be adding a little bit too much water. 1/4 to 1/2 cc per hole should be sufficient for 1/2 pinters, pinters don't really need that much more either.
peace

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4313520 - 06/19/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My quart wbs jars, look they did when i spored them. Water content looks to be right. Just no growth. And yes I have tried different amounts of fluid in each of my jars. The first time injecting, I injected a whole 12 cc into a half pint jar, It still fruited, just took a couple months before the water content evened out and started growing, but it fruited wonderfully. It just does not matter, it just goes at its own speed. I know eventually it will grow. But I think my days of multiplying are limited. I will soon be using LC, and petri dishes. So I hope that speeds things up. The wbs jars are penis envy. So that might have something to do with it.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

#4313529 - 06/19/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if the fluffy myc growth keeps up til say day 8 or 9 then you should look at lowering your rh, but it can take sometimes up to 2 weeks for a good pinset to start. good luck
peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures