Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Can i PC BRF jars if they have mold already??
    #4310158 - 06/18/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bout 5 days ago i made up 12 jars of BRF using the PF tek and managed to PC 8 of them, my PC dosent hold many at once, ive just gone to PC the last 4 however i had them sitin in ambient light and they appear to have some spiderweb mold (if thats what it is).
What i wanna know is can i chuck them into the PC for 1hr and get rid of it rather than havin to toss em and start agian?
I know the safe way is to start agian but im a tad lazy  :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetoikey
novice
Loc: Perth, Australia
Re: Can i PC BRF jars if they have mold already?? [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4310185 - 06/18/05 04:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the same shit happened to my cousins fiances cat a few weeks back. they dont have much experience with it happening before but it was a few more than 4 so it was worth the risk. now is a couple weeks after innoc and they seem to be doing well with cobweb only returning in a few of the many;)

id say go for it especially if the cobweb is only faint and not too far spread. after boiling it looks all deadish and fainter and it didnt seem to grow back.

im gonna be watching this closely too so i can tell tha pussy what should have been done

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #4310190 - 06/18/05 04:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Discard the substrate and start anew.

Offlinetoikey
novice
Re: Can i PC BRF jars if they have mold already?? [Re: Anno]
    #4310201 - 06/18/05 05:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

anno even if they germinated well and have been going for a bit with no sign of cobweb? they were only packed unsteralised for 2.5days so any possible toxin from cobweb would only be present in trace amounts? the cobweb visible when steralised was <20% of the surface area and not dense

what is the risk of steralsing with only trace mould? wouldnt it especially guarantee that all foreign spores are killed by getting them to germinate first?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Can i PC BRF jars if they have mold already?? [Re: toikey]
    #4310202 - 06/18/05 05:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>any possible toxin from cobweb would only be present in trace amounts?

Do you know this for fact or is it an assumption?

Even if you are right, consider this scenario:
If you manage to successfully grow mushrooms from these jars, then you will till know that the mushrooms came from the contaminated cakes. Should you then consume those mushrooms, and the trip goes the wrong direction, then your subconsciousness will blame this contamination for you not feeling well, and this can cause a really bad trip full of fear of yourself being poisoned.

Why take the risk?

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

#4310205 - 06/18/05 05:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yer i think u right there anno, no point wastin spores, or havin a bad trip...

Sorry not to help you toikey on ya experiment, if u want ill grow some and bring em around and u can eat them ? :wink:

PS. Does this mean i have to inoculate my jars pretty much straight after i PC them, or is it just because they were left in ambient light that the cobwebs started to grow?

cheers

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4310213 - 06/18/05 05:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Suggest you do some reading :HERE:

Light will not cause cobweb.

--------------------

Offlinetoikey
novice
    #4310217 - 06/18/05 05:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

cos ive had those fearful trips before and now that i no i dont get poisoned i dont get them :p and i believe the assumption to be true for this reason
(spreading the pre sterile cobwebby ones through the rest of the batch helps with a bit of anonymity :p)

but seriously tho
how poisonous can a little bit of cobweb be? not as poisonous as say arsenic or cyanides? if the left over toxin is the concern surely people would be dead from eating cobweb infested cakes on the balance of probability there are a few cobweb colonies on casings etc that would go unnoticed
iv always thought that it is the rampant breeding of bacteria through cakes that is more of something u should be concerned about....

anno mate i fully respect ur opinion tho if its a definate throw away case plz let me know and il find that pussy and destroy its cultures.... i can understand saying definately throw to 4 jars but what if the above situation occured with 50+?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4310256 - 06/18/05 06:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if a contam is the first thing that you see in a jar, you'll most likely not get
anything to grow, contams grow much faster then mushroom mycelium. I tossed out
over 50 bags (5lbs of substrate each) due to suspected contamination, it was a
weeks work but it saved me a month of waiting for nothing

Offlinetoikey
novice
Re: Can i PC BRF jars if they have mold already?? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4310259 - 06/18/05 06:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

this cobweb was present before boiling while sitting waiting for contam spores to germinate... they were just left a day too long and cobweb was visible - then boiled inoculated and now they are growing mush myc but the concern is wether mushys off the cakes will be toxic or not....

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

#4313284 - 06/19/05 07:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just an update....

Ive left the jars going for the fun of it, not going to PC them will just chuck em soon, but there is now some really white patches grown, is a very bight white, looks like mycilium, and the cobweb has disappeared in most parts, im just curious what would this be? could some kind of spores already been in the verm.
Just wondering because when ppl say to look for contams they say look for anything thats not white. These jars havent had anythign injected into them and they have what looks like white mycilium growin so whos to say u dont have a contam in a healthy jar along with mycilium

I have uploaded my first pic but need to wait for admin approval so when thats done ill post the pic on here.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale