Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
am i a racist?
    #4313132 - 06/19/05 06:31 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

so, i hate japs. i used to be down wth em, but lately, especially right now, i fucking hate em. i live in an apartment with 4 other jap guys, one of them i can get along with, the others r just annoying. obviously, ive been to many many jap parties and met alot of, hey! thats right, japs. and you know what, they all act just as stupid... there are a few who, at first, you think, hey, hes kinda different, hes kinda kul, but after a few meets wit him, no....
also, wats this nullshit about them suposed 2 be all polite and shit. its a lie!! and those jap girls are not the innocent little asians they all say they are. they are hores!! swear to god, if i ever feel like pussy at a party, i just stand next to a jap girl. i swear, i dont even have to start a conversation or anything. it will happen.
now, i know it sounds racist,but, i just cant shake it.
now another biggy for me, im a quarter jap... yea, my grandma is japanese... thus, my dad has heritage of half jap, and i hav heritage of quarter jap. (but we americans can really go far back with this heritage shit... lol).
also, the oen roomy i said i could get along with, he was my best friend, he did not act entirely like a jap. we was hommies in highschool, and we moved together from germany (where we went to highschool) over to cali to go to college (yes, we are in the same college). at first it was kul, met all these japs, was i nthe jap community. but no matter how nice and how much you get along, if your not jap, they will never fucking accept you. people have parties, and people go to parties. but a jap party, only japs are allowed. i understand some people like to stick to whatever community, but they take it to the extreme. if its a jap party, they wont even think of inviting you, no matter how many of them you are good friends with, etc. if your no a jap, they will never fully accept you. now that i think is racist. is it not? there have been a few times where i was invited to these exclusive jap parties, but that mas either cause it was in my own apartment or in one of the apartments really close by.
also, there have been times where my pal would tell me stuff like, yea, im gonan make a party tonight at the apartment, you can come if you want.
oh fuckin thanx, im invited to the party in my home. wow, im honored.
now, there have been days like today, where, hey, i come home from drinkin a few beers ata friends house (where my pal also was, but left really early without mentioning a word to me) and found a party, at my apartment. i walk in and a bunch of japs just stare at me. my pal comes and is all like, hey! lets drink man! grab a beer!
fuck that... i went to my room, picked up my cd player, and went to the gym (drunk, yea). im back now, obviously, party (well its not your typical party, ok, its a jap party, they are much lamer, im not gonna go into detail, but they suck, just take my word). is still going, they are doing some wierd clap game in the living room, sounds gay.
my pal is really pissin me off, mayb its me, mayb im starting to get a temper with my age (im 19...), maybe im wierd. i dont know. but its fuckin annoying.

so, anyone still away with any similar stories?

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: am i a racist? [Re: eligal]
    #4313159 - 06/19/05 07:15 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

maybe you need to find a social group
that you can accept & have them accept you equally.

or u can continue to socialize with people you hate,
live a miserable existance & then :bitch: about
it anonymously on the internet.

choice is yours bud.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: am i a racist? [Re: 40oz]
    #4313161 - 06/19/05 07:20 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Japanese... mmmm... :drooling:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: am i a racist? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4313226 - 06/19/05 08:34 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

if you honestly mean this: "so, i hate japs. i used to be down wth em, but lately, especially right now, i fucking hate em. " then yes, i'd say you are a racist. you don't know every japanese person. you don't know the japanese people i know, for example. while there are certainly 'cultural-similarities' - to group and dismiss people based on their national/racial origins is both stupid and racist, in my mind.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: am i a racist? [Re: Krishna]
    #4313229 - 06/19/05 08:35 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

a better statement would be

"I fucking hate my ignorant, inconsiderate roomates"

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: am i a racist? [Re: goobler]
    #4313268 - 06/19/05 09:17 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Come on though guys, let face it, as far as racism is concerned, there are some pretty evident double standards at play, for instance, you would'nt consider a black phraternity racist would you? But if there is an all white phraternity, then you would probably jump to the conclusion that they were a racist bunch of immature idiots, and you'd probably be right, but the same mentality also applies to the black phraternity  but we've been blindsighted as to that through social conditioning. There is no such thing as equality with regard to raical issues these days. Racism is everywhere, so lets not confuse it as purely a 'white' thing against all others.  :wink:

Everyone has preducdies and is racist to some extent. EVERYBODY!! I personally dont care for Somalians too much since ive been attacked by gangs of them on two occassions, they come from a warlike country, and they come over here, and dont change there attitudes to conform with our society. Dont get me wrong, ive met a few nice ones, but the majority are still living within a warlike mentality. I still have love and compasison for them, like everyone else, but would not like to meet a group of them down a dark ally way any time soon. :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (06/19/05 12:42 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: am i a racist? [Re: egghead1]
    #4313297 - 06/19/05 10:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Come on though guys, let face it, as far as racism is concerned, there are some pretty evident double standards at play, for instance, you would'nt consider a black phraternity racist would you? But if there is an all white phraternity, then you would probably jump to the conclusion that they were a racist bunch of immature idiots, and you'd probably be right, but the same mentality also applies to the black phraternity  but we've been clindsighted as to that. There is no such thing as equality with regard to raical issues these days. Racism is everywhere, so lets not confuse it as purely a 'white' thing against all others.  :wink:

Everyone has preducdies and is racist to some extent. EVERYBODY!! I personally dont care for Somalians too much since ive been attacked by gangs of them on two occassions, they come from a warlike country, and they come over here, and dont change there attitudes to conform with our society. Dont get me wrong, ive met a few nice ones, but the majority are still living within a warlike mentality. I still have love and compasison for them, like everyone else, but would not like to meet a group of them down a dark ally way any time soon. :heart:

most certainly. as an example, in denmark there are a lot of north-african/turkish immigrants - and they are seen in the society as either old people who own green-grocers/restaurants and cannot speak danish at all, or young people who are criminals/drug-dealers. and, in a sense, the stereotypes exist for a reason - a large portion of that minority live up to them. but, instead of saying "well this is a trait of this race/religion of people", i see it more important to look at the social/political/religious history that has led up them living here in denmark, today, and realize that this is a much more sensible reason for things ending up as they have than "race".

so when it comes to race/nationality/religion being used as a general, and often criminal, stereotype of some group of people, i tend to see it as a warning of some inherent social/historical problem - and then would try to spend my energy working to resolve this, rather then leaving it at that... (but, again, trying... not necessarily succeeding)

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4313316 - 06/19/05 10:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This sounds like discrimination rather than racism

A racist believes that his race is superior to all others. That's not what your describing.

Your just fed up with a certain races cultural differences.

Doesn't make you a racist.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #4313331 - 06/19/05 11:01 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i lived with 2 latin chicks and a latin dude for a while. We got along well, but they did they samething as you describe. there parties were all latins. they had partys in our apartment and told me i could come. never invited me to any partys even tho i took them out. a lot of times even at the party's at our apartment they would only speak in spanish and i'm not fluent in listening or speaking really, which they knew. over all they were good friends. just a bit of racial elitist's. :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: am i a racist? [Re: John]
    #4313445 - 06/19/05 12:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Chinese can't drive. Seriously.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: am i a racist? [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4313465 - 06/19/05 12:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

have you tried driving in China? i think they'd say "Irradiated_Feces can't drive. Seriously."

--------------------

doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Re: am i a racist? [Re: Krishna]
    #4313473 - 06/19/05 12:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

No I haven't tried driving in China, but if I couldn't do it, I wouldn't do it.

*edit - Chinese in Canada can't drive.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: am i a racist? [Re: niteowl]
    #4313608 - 06/19/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
This sounds like discrimination rather than racism

A racist believes that his race is superior to all others. That's not what your describing.

Your just fed up with a certain races cultural differences.

Doesn't make you a racist.

Thats right!  :thumbup: He's not a racist, if anything, those Japanese guys are!

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: am i a racist? [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4313651 - 06/19/05 02:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Chinese anywhere can't drive. Every time I go to Boston or the surrounding areas, Chinese people flood the streets with their shitty driving.

It's not just a coincidence either, they seriously are the worst drivers I've ever seen.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: am i a racist? [Re: Ravus]
    #4313670 - 06/19/05 02:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Chinese anywhere can't drive. Every time I go to Boston or the surrounding areas, Chinese people flood the streets with their shitty driving.

It's not just a coincidence either, they seriously are the worst drivers I've ever seen.

Its those slanted eyes, they have a smaller field of view.

And of course the only class of drivers worse than all chinese is chinese women. And I've seen this proved by first hand experience way to many times.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Re: am i a racist? [Re: d33p]
    #4313694 - 06/19/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

Ravus said:

Its those slanted eyes, they have a smaller field of view.

And of course the only class of drivers worse than all chinese is chinese women. And I've seen this proved by first hand experience way to many times.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the guts to say it. It isn't just a stereotype, they really suck at driving. I experience it firsthand on an almost weekly basis, it's not even funny.

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: am i a racist? [Re: egghead1]
    #4314000 - 06/19/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I personally dont care for Somalians too much since ive been attacked by gangs of them on two occassions, they come from a warlike country, and they come over here, and dont change there attitudes to conform with our society.

You must live in T.O.  :lol:
You've found a way to say it in a way i probably couldn't.  I try very hard not to be racist, but its almost pathetic how these guys work.  If you are not somalian, better hope you dont come across your somalian friend when he's with his friends and you're alone. There goes your wallet.

Example:  There once lived a somalian kid named... X.  X was a popular kid back in highschool, in fact, you said his name and everyone knew who you were talking about.  He would come off as a nice kid, even tho he could be a dick.  My buddy's older bro had a long (casual) friendship with him spanning years.  Come a little while ago, mr.x decides to rob his friend, and destroy whatever friendship they had over.... (and i need a drumroll now) ... 1 smoke and about 4 bucks.

But i try not to be racist.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4314115 - 06/19/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, in my opinion, your stance on the Japanese people is bigoted.  I think you should rethink your position on this.  You shouldn't judge an entire race of people because of some bad experiences you've had with some of them. 

I'm going to lock this thread, as I believe it violates Pub rule #5.  BTW, SkorpivoMusterion, that is an incredible picture.  That young lady is absolutely gorgeous.  :eek:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4314117 - 06/19/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

[img height="13" width="15" src="/forums/images/lock.gif"] This thread has been closed.[p]Reason:[br]I believe this thread violates Pub rule #5.

Edited by Learyfan (06/19/05 05:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub