Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

single tub question about hole size...
    #4311406 - 06/18/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive been reading about the single tub setup and am realy impressed with it.. the only bit of info that i havent been able to come across yet is what size hole do u want to drill?? i made one up the other day and my humidity wont go below 90%, i have 2 6qt casings in a 54 qt container and i drilled 3/4" holes in the tops and bottoms.. do i need to go bigger on the wholes?? i have it in a small room with a osilating fan going in it to help air circulation (its not blowing directly on the tub)... any help would be nice:) ty all:)
l8r,
will

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4311893 - 06/18/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I havent done a single tub yet but I am planing to once my wbs jars colonize. In the reading I have done most people use 1 inch holes for single and double tubs so 3/4 is close enough but they say not to stuff the holes as tight as a jar lid and use saran wrap to cover all but 1 of the bottom holes until your casing is colonized then the extra air flow will help initiate pinning

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: ArcanePerception]
    #4311922 - 06/18/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

From my limited experience, 90% is fine.. Even for pinning, and post pin. In fact, my one experiment going below 85% ended with me pulling my hair out, and jacking the humidity pack up to 90+..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4312026 - 06/18/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Humidity, totally irrelevant using the Single/Double Tub teks. The environment will take care of itself. The oscillating fan is a good idea if your room has stagnant air.

ArcanePerception, I cultivate exclusively with the Single/Double Tub teks and I can tell you that Saran wrap is not needed. All of the holes will be filled with poly-fill. The difference is in the spawn run. During the spawn run you will cover the tub with a black trash bag while it is incubating. No light or fresh air exchange will enter, but CO2 will be allowed to expel due to pressure on the container from gas buildup.

Once the spawn run is complete, you simply remove the trash bag and fruit. This is accomplished with the introduction of light and fresh air exchange. That's it.

Do yourself a favor willmafingerdo, put your hygrometer away in a drawer somewhere and let it collect dust. Your worrying days have just ended my friend.

P.S. 3/4 inch holes are okay, but 1-1 1/4 inch holes are recommended.

OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: Wronguy]
    #4312151 - 06/18/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That trash bag idea is great much easier than covering with wrap and removing later plus it helps block light I will use that

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: ArcanePerception]
    #4312731 - 06/19/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sweet ty:)

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
    #4312751 - 06/19/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ok so while incubating you want it at what 80 to 85? what about the humidity? I have a black 18 gal. tub with 2 bags and a SHAKER. should I close the lid on it really good and put a trash bag over it any way?

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinejcc04
Stranger
    #4316665 - 06/20/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Once the spawn run is complete, you simply remove the trash bag and fruit.

What about casing?

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: jcc04]
    #4316724 - 06/20/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

from what i experienced, the tubs w/ poly are not adequate methods of air exchange.

you might be able to neglect it a bit, but your results will reflect the elevated co2 levels in your fruiting chamber.

^my thought :zoom:

--------------------

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: psilocyben]
    #4316758 - 06/20/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

how about augustin's 9oz dry from the first flush of PRs using this method? That sounds pretty adequate. WBS to poo i believe it was...

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4316818 - 06/20/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

would have been better had he met optimum conditions

i've done this before, too. a couple of times. then i stopped.
i was holding myself back.

it'll work for you, i'm not saying that.
but what's going to happen  to anyone who enjoys this to any length is growth.

people start refining their techniques and slowly each variable in the equation is brought to it's optimum level.
:zoom:

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4316833 - 06/20/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The fresh air exchange is more than adequate in my experience. As pcubmycol said, my first flush of 9 ounces proves that.

Jcc04, I forgot to mention the casing layer. This is not required, mind you, but works best in my opinion. After the spawn run you will case, re-incubate for 5 days, and then fruit. Sorry about that fellows.

Thremix, you do not need to worry about temps as long as you have the tubs in a room that is between 68-74 degrees. We are in the summer months now, so unless you have your home or apartment at freezing temps, you'll easily hit those temps. I put my tub in a closet and typically have temps between 76-78 degrees simply because it's not vented. The colonization brings the temps up another 5-8 degrees and more than takes care of itself.

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4316847 - 06/20/05 11:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you make a good point there psilocyben... I dunno if you have read augustin's post about that grow i was talking about... but at optimal conditions what do you think his first flush yield would've been? I seem to remember reading that he got about an average flush for that amount of poo (between 9 and 10 oz was avg. i believe), at optimum could he have exceeded 12oz dry?

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4316858 - 06/20/05 11:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

augustin, I am mailing 2 dollars as we speak lol, you have been more then VERY helpful and I consider you a teacher & a friend. SO as my friend.....can I borrow like 5 buck?

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub question about hole size... [Re: thremix]
    #4316865 - 06/20/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

read the link in my signature for the original MONO-TUB thread.

the holes i did were approx 1inch in diameter.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#4316867 - 06/20/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thremix said:
augustin, I am mailing 2 dollars as we speak lol, you have been more then VERY helpful and I consider you a teacher & a friend. SO as my friend.....can I borrow like 5 buck?

:what:

pcub- it would be difficult to predict (for me) even if i knew all the specs of his grow.

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4316871 - 06/20/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Of course my grow could have been better. If I owned a mushroom farm and spent $300,000 on equipment I could probably crank out 100 pounds a day.

I am not a dealer nor do I want to be. My grows are for myself and friends. I have 15 ounces of mushrooms laying around my house right now and more on the way. 12 of those 15 ounces came from using the single/double tub tek. I think anyone on these boards would be happy with those results.

My interest in these teks is simplicity and ease. I don't have the time to constantly worry about my grow because my RH is only at 90% when maybe it should be at 100%. My grows yield what I want, which is more than most with a single container, and I'm just fine with that.

I think you'll find that only a small percentage of people on this forum are able to yield 12-14 ounces out of single container grow. Most people that do yield these types of results are typically doing multiple containers with automated setups.

I do agree that people will find a way to improve the growth parameters by experimenting. Experience always plays a key part as well. For now I'll keep my grows where they belong, in my closet.

Take care.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4317040 - 06/20/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

SO0o..... how about the 5 bucks? you know I am good for it?

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4317069 - 06/20/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No can do brother. I've spent all my money on growing.  :wink:

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

#4317084 - 06/20/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thremix said:
SO0o..... how about the 5 bucks? you know I am good for it?

are you serious?

augustin, id say that if some of us had enough money and space, more than a small percentage of us could do a 12-14oz grow in a single container... Id be willing to bet that this would do it.... Only use half size holes with the tek you used... then run a coolmist 15min on 2hrs off(or w/e the optimal would be, id have to do some reading/experimenting)... i would think that'd be enough to give enough rise to oxygen and humidity that your setup would've gone from 9oz first flush to at least 10 maybe more.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract