Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKalix
'Head

Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships
    #4311217 - 06/18/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.channel3000.com/news/4619991/detail.html
Drug Dealers May Lose Scholarships
New Bill Introduced
By Angela Bettis,
Staff Writer

POSTED: 10:49 pm CDT June 16, 2005

MADISON, Wis. -- A Republican lawmaker wants UW students who sell drugs to lose any state financial aid or scholarships they have.

Senator Joe Leibham of Sheboygan introduced the proposal Wednesday.

The same bill won overwhelming approval in the assembly last session before stalling.

Administrators of financial aid said they don't have the resources necessary to check which students have been convicted of drug crimes.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: Kalix]
    #4313112 - 06/19/05 03:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

and how many thousands of students would have to drop outta school because they got caught with some weed in high school.... this is some bullshit

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: LethalX5]
    #4314327 - 06/19/05 04:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

it applies to the dealers, not personal users. It's very simple, dont sell drugs if you want to go to school for next to free.

Is it really that much to ask though? They dont want to be paying drug dealers money to go to school if the students they are paying are making money off of drugs(stealing money from the same people they are getting it from). If they dont like it, then they can continue to sell their drugs and PAY FOR SCHOOL WITH THEIR DRUG MONEY INSTEAD. It's only fair. How else can one even see it?

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #4314668 - 06/19/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How do you think they determine if a person is selling drugs? They look at past convictions. A person could have been busted selling at one point and because of that they're barred from receiving scholarships for life. That's a fucked law.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: newuser1492]
    #4314742 - 06/19/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think drug-dealers are just the type of people who should go to school and try to leave their past lives behind. If the government is going to give out money for people to go to school...I don't think past drug dealers should be exempt. They are just the kind of people who need help getting back on the straight and narrow.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4314790 - 06/19/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

There are already laws which prevent anyone convicted of drug possession of even applying for Fedral Loans. Afterall, the judgment of a 14 year old should scar them for life. Don't want teenagers using drugs and then not going to college.

Oh.... shit.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4315207 - 06/19/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Green_Glow said:
it applies to the dealers, not personal users. It's very simple, dont sell drugs if you want to go to school for next to free.

Is it really that much to ask though? They dont want to be paying drug dealers money to go to school if the students they are paying are making money off of drugs(stealing money from the same people they are getting it from). If they dont like it, then they can continue to sell their drugs and PAY FOR SCHOOL WITH THEIR DRUG MONEY INSTEAD. It's only fair. How else can one even see it?

If you happen to have say, a cpl ounces of bud for personal use, and get caught with it you could get charged w/intent to deliver, just because of the amount.. Even if you actually weren't selling.

--------------------

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: Kalix]
    #4315211 - 06/19/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

But no one noticed the part that got me excited.. "Administrators of financial aid said they don't have the resources necessary to check which students have been convicted of drug crimes."

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4315301 - 06/19/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So you're saying if someone gets caught with drugs, we shouldn't give them scholarships if they want to go to college because we want them to continue selling drugs to get the money instead?

If we wanted someone to stop dealing and turn their life around, wouldn't a scholarship be possibly the best thing we could give them?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: newuser1492]
    #4315783 - 06/20/05 12:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hmm, well it doesnt say that, but you are probably right. That is probably what they mean. That anyone with a past history. I just took it as if you were busted while with a current scholarship or while currently getting aid(cuz that way it is proven you are currently doing it and you cant say you cleaned up your act) My bad then, if that is how it is.

Kalix, that's not true. a guy i know robbed a place and the cops came with a warrant and found a pound of weed all bagged up into ounces. They asked him what he was doing with it and he said he was a heavy smoker. He would take a big bag out with him everyday to get him by. he got personal use with a pound bagged up, no intent to deliver charge. of course he really was selling....but he did get off with possession. here is the link to prove it... http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_dispositions.jsp?court=IL089015J&ocl=IL089015J,2003CF207,IL089015JL2003CF207D1
but of course, it was still a felony charge, but class 4 instead of 3, but like that really makes a god damn bit of difference to anyone anyway.

i really hope that this doesnt apply to those of us with a selling record, and especially not with a petty misdemeanor charge or two. Because if that is the case, i am fucked for getting aid and i dont know wtf i would do with this felony in the way of an education. Sure as fuck do not want to start slanging again, but also feel too weak to want to work ass off for something that could have been free if not for a MISTAKE of my past.

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: Drug Dealers may Lose Scholarships [Re: Ravus]
    #4315786 - 06/20/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, that makes me wonder how the hell they are going to do THIS, but then turn around and educate the ones locked up in prison, for FREE.

shit just aint adding up, thats why i took it how i did the first time, but now im wondering/worrying.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains