Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKalix
'Head

O.K. I'm no longer panicking..
    #4304107 - 06/16/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My PF casing is stalling. It's going into it's 4th flush, there are no signs of contams, and for the 1st 3 flushes, after harvest I dunked it in cold water for an hour or two, and got pins either the day after, or two.. But now I'm on my fourth day.. I'm starting to get worried. It is in a fruiting chamber with A poo casing, that is completely spawned, and starting to poke myc through the casing layer, and neither will fruit! I've been trying to fruit the poo casing for like 12 days.. The fruiting chamber is 74 degrees, and from 70-89% humidity... I've been keeping it close to 70, I mist my casings daily,
They get 1-3 hours of fresh air every day. Both of them smell like nothing but myc..

Do I have anything to worry about besides my lack of patience?

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Edited by Kalix (06/18/05 04:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: Kalix]
    #4304124 - 06/16/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

don't panic.

the one that's flushed three times is probably spent. you should be pretty happy with it!
the poo one is probably pinning as you read this. go check. anyway, give it another week before worrying.

:kiss: shirley

--------------------
buh

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: shirley knott]
    #4304228 - 06/16/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
don't panic.

the one that's flushed three times is probably spent. you should be pretty happy with it!
the poo one is probably pinning as you read this. go check. anyway, give it another week before worrying.

:kiss: shirley

I just checked before posting this, Waiting is definetely something I can do, just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something small that could [Email]f@#$[/Email] everything up.. I guess if the BRF casing doesn't fruit by the time the poo one does, I can always try spawning it to poo, that would be alright, wouldn't it? Myc only quits flushing because of nute deficiancy correct?

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4304679 - 06/16/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I would agree on that casing that has had 3 flushes. I usually only get 2-3 flushes out of each casing before their spent. Plenty for me by the way.

I do think that more air exchange is needed though. 1-3 hours is a pretty big range. I usually have the best fruits when there is constant air exchange. Are you manually fanning?

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: Wronguy]
    #4305008 - 06/16/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yep.. It's manual, and my only excuse is I'm too lazy to hook up my cool-mist..

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4305656 - 06/16/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you need the Double Tub tek. I'm about 50% done with the write-up and I hope to have it completed by Sunday evening.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: Wronguy]
    #4306801 - 06/17/05 06:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I won't deny, I'm eagerly awaiting it..

--------------------

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4308260 - 06/17/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Damn! I'm on the 13th day after putting my poo casing in my fruiting chamber, and still no pins! I cased it @ 85 to 90% colonized, and today I freaked out, sterilized a fork, and scratched off the casing layer, underneath it was white as snow, and smelled just like mushrooms. So.. I replaced the casing layer, and put it back in there.. I dunno what the hell the problem is.. Has anyone ever had a poo casing take so long to fruit?

--------------------

Edited by Kalix (06/17/05 04:41 PM)

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #4310553 - 06/18/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Kalix, calm down, dude. You are on your FOURTH FLUSH, man! At this point you are dealing with an old tray. Give it time. You know gramps doesn't move quite the speed of sonny. If he did, that'd be dangerous as he could break his old bones. Get it?

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4310621 - 06/18/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This is the 1st flush for the poo casing.. I broke up the old BRF casing, and I'm spawning it to poo, it is back in the incubator.. This is a poo casing I spawned from a virgin BRF cake.. about 2 weeks ago it was fully colonized.

--------------------

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
    #4310635 - 06/18/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i've noticed on 3rd and 4th.... (even 5th flushes) the stems are very weak, and sometime with the slightest bump of a greenhouse, or fruiting chamber... they'll just fall over. oops!.... better pick that little guy!  :sad:

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4310648 - 06/18/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kalix said:
This is the 1st flush for the poo casing..

That I am spazzing out about, it hasn't fruited yet at all..

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4310741 - 06/18/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

dotn feel bad... my bulk tub wont even colonzie and now it has green moldiness on it... after a week of waiting too! now i have to start ALL over with 5 wbs quarts and spawn those to some h/poo and god damnit it will be another month before i have fruits again!

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4310761 - 06/18/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you decided against quitting.. :wink: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4310764 - 06/18/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to buy some neophrene tubing, and I'm going to hook up my coolmist.. This is motivating me at least..

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4310770 - 06/18/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lol i guess i did decide against quitting over all... lol but i did say that i wanted one last successful grow before i take a break so that is why i am starting over again

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4310814 - 06/18/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wow so no one noticed (or mentioned) that the poo casing is sitting in usually 70% humidity while trying to pin?....thats probably yourbiggest problem right there. Humidity should be 85-95+% while your waiting for pins to form. Mostly in the 90's too...maybe a little drop to 85ish a few days after its ready with some heavy fresh air exchange. And then your fresh air exchange is only 1-3 times a day. Sure that will work, but it sure isnt optimal. And working with that and 70% humidity most of the time, its not unusual to wait 2 weeks or more with not optimal conditions, and a strain that isnt particularly fast to pin.

Plus I just noticed this one:
"I cased it @ 85 to 90% colonized" that'll set you back some more. I mean, if you dont do things optimal, it'll work...nothing you didnt is going to kill it...but you cant freak out when the times arent optimal too...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (06/18/05 12:39 PM)

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4311037 - 06/18/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: well spotted

you'll make a fine cultivation mod some day, i hope

--------------------
buh

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Help! I'm panicking [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4311076 - 06/18/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Wow so no one noticed (or mentioned) that the poo casing is sitting in usually 70% humidity while trying to pin?....thats probably yourbiggest problem right there. Humidity should be 85-95+% while your waiting for pins to form. Mostly in the 90's too...maybe a little drop to 85ish a few days after its ready with some heavy fresh air exchange. And then your fresh air exchange is only 1-3 times a day. Sure that will work, but it sure isnt optimal. And working with that and 70% humidity most of the time, its not unusual to wait 2 weeks or more with not optimal conditions, and a strain that isnt particularly fast to pin.

Plus I just noticed this one:
"I cased it @ 85 to 90% colonized" that'll set you back some more. I mean, if you dont do things optimal, it'll work...nothing you didnt is going to kill it...but you cant freak out when the times arent optimal too...

Yesterday, I pumped my humidity up to 89%, and scratched the casing, today I got pins! So.. I'm done freaking out, thanks for the advice from everyone, also I realized what my problem was.. My incubator's temp had sunk down to 78, and my fruiting chamber is 74.. So incubation was happening very slowly, and there wasn't enough temp drop to trigger fruiting. My colonization has doubled now that I got incubator temps up to 84 degrees, and I'm sure pins will happen a lot more quickly!

Thanks again Shroom Gods!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix