Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave, Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Lab Designs
    #4311038 - 06/18/05 04:23 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Does anyone out there have lab designs or blueprints. Specificly 8ft by 40ft footprint. One would need space for multiple autoclaves, 2 4x2 hood and lots of workspace. Does anyone know of any good resources on the subject?
I was also thinking it must be like a kitchen with triangle of design. I would apreciate any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShaw
hick

Loc: midwest, usa
Re: Lab Designs [Re: Pie]
    #4311129 - 06/18/05 05:07 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

I saw one where the cealing tiles were filters and the floor was raised with grating. the air was pumped down from the cealing and evacuated out the floor. have you read TMC yet. i liked the inflated bald car tire he had for bouncing the grain jars to shake them. www.mushworld.com you might find something in the articles here, but don't ask any drug related questions.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4311662 - 06/18/05 08:39 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

in the 8x40 layout you'll always be going from one end to the other, figure on
30 inches from the wall for workbench/counters, with that space you should devide
it up in sections, entry for a changing area should be set up like a man trap,
a couple of chambers that can eb isolated from each other and the lab area,
the first is where you strip down and clean off, the second is where you dress
for work, after those chambers you should be intering into a sterile environment

the 'kitchen' design can work when the space is divided into sections of about
8x10

OfflinePie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Lab Designs [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4312034 - 06/18/05 10:49 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

First of all this would be a commercial venture. Second, I see this as being split int two sections, lab and spawn production. The unit would need two doors just for safety. THe rear would need to be for bringing in and out spawn and grain, storing and incubating spawn, and general dirty work. The front would be the lab. I t would need running water with double sink, a vented compartment for probably three autoclaves accessable to both bulk back area and clean front, and an anteroom to enter the lab. Some type of air handling unit would be needed to regulate the temperature throughout, So I was thinking about an air conditioner in the front with a two foot plenum and blower to move the ac to the back. The top down air shower is a great idea except for the fact that I only have eight feet of clearence to begin with, and I already have hoods. Also the eight foot of hood can be positioned at the front blowing towards the rear. And yes I have extensively perused the stamets books. What I am looking for is a proper work environment which makes good work easy. The species produces would be varied upon the market and would leave this unit in spawn bags through the back, eventually, but not yet,to a grow facillity. I am looking for good functional designs to get ideas from.

Offlinecaptmueller
chemical shaman
    #4315575 - 06/20/05 01:12 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

commercial huh?
you planning on growing shitakes?

namaste,
captmueller

OfflinePie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Lab Designs [Re: captmueller]
    #4316248 - 06/20/05 08:46 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

At the moment oysters will be the starting point, but I still haven't figured out what the niche might be. I have tho0ught about just making kits of diffrent mushrooms and trying to sell them through garden stores. Also Reishi is very native here and without a good distribution network its long life might save me. Shitakes are definatly a possibility, but around here they take climate controlled grow room, as will most others. That is something I do not have. Business plan is still a messy jumble of ideas. But I think this a good business to build a life on. Eco freindly, no chemicals, I like it. For most of my life my work has been heavy dirty and dangerous. Don't need that anymore.

I would also be very interested in commercial equiptment if anyone knows of stuff that can be had at a deal. Commercial autoclave, Freeze dryer, spawn making machines, rail system plans. I have looked into the boys who will set you up with a turnkey system also, not cheap for what you get. Also ayyone who has a a good business plan, I need could use a hand.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave, Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms