Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
just want to make sure.
    #4309811 - 06/18/05 12:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:confused:

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleonefunguy
bad blood
Male

Loc: kihei, maui county
Re: just want to make sure. [Re: thremix]
    #4309831 - 06/18/05 12:13 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:confused:... :confused:... :confused:... :imwithstupid:  :smile:

--------------------
........all the kids will eat it up if its packaged properly........

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: just want to make sure. [Re: onefunguy]
    #4309878 - 06/18/05 12:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

oh shit every thing was deleted? humm..? ok well let me start over. I need a tub not sure how bIg it needs to be? I have 6, 1 pint jars. then I need perlite and I fill the tub with it about 4 inches? then I take the jar 100% col. and I dunk it in water with H2o2, how much? then I take it out and roll it in verm, and then place it on top of a lid? now I fan 3-4 times a day and I spray water with H202 on the sides of the tub? Could I just place the tub infront of my AC to gain 70-75 degrease? Or do I need the humidifier? Vicks ultra cool mist right? did I get the over view right? THANKS

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Edited by thremix (06/18/05 12:36 AM)

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4310392 - 06/18/05 08:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

any one?

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4310413 - 06/18/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you should get a tall container 12" to 15" tall.

you can get a regular rubbermaid and cut the lid out and put plexi glass over the hole.
or you can get a clear rubbermaid with a clear lid...and have the light shine from above so that the fruits grow upwards...not sideways.

2" of perlite is plenty.

doesn't matter how much water you use to dunk your cakes.
just dunk them in water for 12 to 24 hours.
then roll them in moist verm.

then place them on something...doesn't have to be the lids.
I hated using my lids cause they would get all rusty.
so I would use a peice of Alum foil...or a plastic lid.

fan as many times as possible...or make a bubbler system.

you want your fruiting temps to be around 73 to 76 degrees F.
you could put the fruiting chamber near a AC unit if you live in a hotter climate.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4310419 - 06/18/05 08:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

any tub will do as long as they will all fit with about 2-4" between cakes and is high enough so the mushrooms can grow up, and i would only put about 1-2" perlite on bottom and add enough water till its not pooled on the bottom. i dont think you have to put h2o2 in the water when u dunk them if u dont want to.. you only need to spry the sides of your tub if the humidity gets low, for cakes i belive you want around 90-99%. i wouldnt put the tub right infront of the A/C just somewere in the room were it will be cool, dont forget your gonna need a way for light to get to the mushies, if your using a clear tub then your mushrooms will grow all over the place instead of up becuase the lights comeing in from the sided of the container, i use a solid color or paint them black if there clear and cut some fo the lid off and put a plexy glass window in and calk/pop rivet it in place.. well there ya go theres my 2 cents worth:) hope it helps you some.. i tried cakes 2 times with no luck.. i whent to casings.. l8r

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: just want to make sure. [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4310426 - 06/18/05 09:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

willmafingerdo said:
any tub will do as long as they will all fit with about 2-4" between cakes and is high enough so the mushrooms can grow up, and i would only put about 1-2" perlite on bottom and add enough water till its not pooled on the bottom. i dont think you have to put h2o2 in the water when u dunk them if u dont want to.. you only need to spry the sides of your tub if the humidity gets low, for cakes i belive you want around 90-99%. i wouldnt put the tub right infront of the A/C just somewere in the room were it will be cool, dont forget your gonna need a way for light to get to the mushies, if your using a clear tub then your mushrooms will grow all over the place instead of up becuase the lights comeing in from the sided of the container, i use a solid color or paint them black if there clear and cut some fo the lid off and put a plexy glass window in and calk/pop rivet it in place.. well there ya go theres my 2 cents worth:) hope it helps you some.. i tried cakes 2 times with no luck.. i whent to casings.. l8r

i would just soak the perlite in something and then drain it well before adding it to your tub. standing water is not a good thing to have, can grow some funky stuff in it.
peace

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: just want to make sure. [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4310428 - 06/18/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thank guys I will do. I will cut the lid and silicon the plexy glass. Is that good?

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: just want to make sure. [Re: backupwards]
    #4310430 - 06/18/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

backupwards said:

i would just soak the perlite in something and then drain it well before adding it to your tub. standing water is not a good thing to have, can grow some funky stuff in it.
peace

good advice!~

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4310434 - 06/18/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thremix said:

thank guys I will do. I will cut the lid and silicon the plexy glass. Is that good?

yes

or you can drill holes, silicon the plexy glass and use screws to hold it down better.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: just want to make sure. [Re: Roadkill]
    #4310471 - 06/18/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Can I just leave the lid as is? put a little orb light on the inside top of the lid so that theres no mess?

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4310578 - 06/18/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, as long as your light doesn't raise the temp too much.
Good Luck.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineWojo
Self ProclaimedAsshole
Loc: Detroit Son
Re: just want to make sure. [Re: HippieChick]
    #4310599 - 06/18/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

For the plexi-glass top. All you have to do is wet the edges of the rubba made container, then stretch a peice of plastic wrap accross and pull tight (it will produce a very good seal). Then throw the plexi-glass top on and just let it sit. The only reason i use the plexi-glass is to hold my light up..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract