Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHavoc
Stranger
War on Ignorance
    #429321 - 10/18/01 12:03 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

On the path humanity is chosing to go we will probably annihilate ourselves. Humanity has many flaws and on the other hand humanity has great potential. We can create and achieve such spectacular things yet we can be equally destructive. I really don't understand how we can be so intelligent and yet be so ignorant at the same time. Since the beginning we would fight each other. In fact our spiecies killed off another spiecies of humans, and now we are going after race. Only now it's not sticks and stones anymore, it's weapons of mass destruction and unless mankind as a whole wakes up and discovers what we are about to do, we are going to kill ourselves off. If the planet survives a new species will take over and life will continue without us. Remember we weren't the first spicies to dominate the planet and if we end up killing off our own kind we won't be the last. Rather than a war on terrorism we need a war on ignorance because without ignorance there would be no terrorism. We need all the wise people who can see what we are doing and the direction we are headed to take a stand and come together and try to wipe out ignorance for the good of humanity. I see that as our only hope for survival. Who will take the stand?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: War on Ignorance [Re: Havoc]
    #429353 - 10/18/01 12:49 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I will

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #429593 - 10/18/01 05:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I'll say I will but i'll probably end up on the couch watching the TV. Or sat in front of the Shroomery pretending to be a freedom fighter, when all i am is a horrified spectator.

--------------------

OfflineHavoc
Stranger
Re: War on Ignorance [Re: Revelation]
    #429850 - 10/18/01 09:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The destruction of the human race and the end of life as we know it should be enough motivation for anyone. Will you people not believe it can happen until it does?

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
    #430244 - 10/19/01 05:03 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i agree but i dont understand what exactly you think we can do about it. we can go about our own lives and try to reflect our philosophy - love and truth is my particular method for saving the world - in everything we do and everyone we meet, and do what we feel comfortable doing (whether that be political activism or accounting), which is what many people do, or we can throw everything away - including our friends and families - to go around acting like we know everything and criticizing people for not completely rejecting the world they've been thrown into. i just personally have trouble fighting for causes i don't fully understand, and i'll be the first to admit there is very little in this world that i do fully understand, im sorry if that seems cowardly or weak to some but i'd rather quietly do what i know will make the world a better place instead of accidentally make things worse in my angry youthful zeal. although this is in reply to you it's also directed towards all the people i meet who obsess themselves with some sort of agenda. hope it makes some sense.

Life-threatening lifestyles
A hitman, a nun, lovers

--------------------
---

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
Re: War on Ignorance [Re: Amoeba665]
    #430268 - 10/19/01 06:41 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Love and truth are two very worthwhile ideals -- that mean F.A. unless you can give them a concrete pragmatical footing. It doesn't take as much as you'd think -- your shopping for food and entertainment is arguably the most significant political action you have left to you. Choose wisely ;)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #430821 - 10/19/01 07:20 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"The destruction of the human race and the end of life as we know it should be enough motivation for anyone."

One would think so.
Please, tell me what I can do. I wasn't around to see the 60s, but I am living the end result. Every single day I think about how horrible the world is, and it is fucking depressing. It will NEVER change, not in this lifetime. Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do. There are TV campaigns showing images of starving children, drinking disease filled water that we wouldn't flush our toilets with. So what huh? It's not happening here. Change the fucking channel. The world trade centres were attacked by terrorists? Get the flags out, and start a fucking war.

Get rid of governement, and get rid of the idea of "countries". Never gonna happen right? Right, and that's exactly why things will never change. Is Bush going to rid the world of terrorism? Ha, good one. Terrorists are a product of the system, as is everything else. It doesn't matter how much you want things to change, the people are so drunk with propaganda that they are no longer thinking their own thoughts. The people have no power, and the only way to fix it is to wash it all away.

--------------------

OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
Re: War on Ignorance [Re: Revelation]
    #430932 - 10/19/01 08:45 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, its funny when you make terrorists and then go into a murderous rage when they act the way you made them. As for the human race wiping itself out, i think its more likely to go into another dark age. I mean, you can't nuke everything, and I don't think anyone would want to. This is just another civilization... I just hope it falls after I am dead. Maybe we could get another 200 years out of this one before things go to hell?

Anonymous

Re: War on Ignorance [Re: MrKurtz]
    #430992 - 10/19/01 09:52 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It's all planned out before anything hits the media. When you control both sides of a war..you can't lose.
The government, or should I say the Illuminati...planned everything out before this happened. The WTC, the pentagon, these anthrax scares...it's all a part of their big scheme to get everyone to be afraid.
Fear = Control, its as simple as that.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: War on Ignorance [Re: ]
    #431030 - 10/19/01 11:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

for sure, something stinks about it. something like international chess, china builds a nice big highway into pakistan, the us counters by setting up yet another puppet government in afghanistan, which will no doubt be even nastier than the one it dethroned, but it will be pro-u.s. and act as a further buffer to that yummy oil.
and just as the u.s has kept sadam alive all these years in order to justify their presence in the middle east, they now create a new bogeyman, odds are they wont kill him until he stops becoming scary...but he will most likely end up in hollywood. sell out.
havoc - end of the human race? do you think we are finished if we dont have a blob of meat to reside in and a planet to infest? i hope we are destined for far greater things than glorified monkeys.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: War on Ignorance [Re: mr crisper]
    #431056 - 10/19/01 11:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

How could you even begin to destroy ignorance? What does the word even mean these days? One thing you couldn't call bin Laden is ignorant. He knows exactly what he is doing and I'm sure he has his vision of the end result. His vision is probably the most informed, because he is calling the shots.

We are all pretty ignorant to the special brand of Islam that turns the highly spiritual into the highly deadly. What good would it do us to learn anything about it? Maybe, some day, as a piece of historical novelty, it may seem interesting, but today it's pretty safe to say that it is evil.

His followers are also filled with spiritual and military knowledge. The ones that live here know what we are about, but they want us to die anyway. It would be a mistake to call them uninformed when all they are uninformed of is your point of view.

No one can escape their opinions. Even when learning about a new idea, you hold it up to the same ethical standards that you have been beaten to death with since childhood, no matter how irrelevant they can be made to appear. If you can look at an argument unbiasedly from all sides, then you have to make your decision based on that, but it is important to remember that all you are is a collection of everything you have learned to this point.

A vast majority of people tend to think that their views are right. To convince them otherwise, no matter how much information you have to back up your claim, is near impossible. So, it becomes a matter of changing the message that society gives them from the time they are born. But, there are cultures at play. One message can never reach all of the people, because not all cultures let all ideas flow freely, and even if they did, their perception of the new idea will be skewed by their old ideas. And so we must tolerate everything that is not physically destructive to the whole. Mental destruction can never be silenced and it is important to keep all ideas flowing, so that people can make up their own minds about things and hopefully progress slowly over time. But when a threat becomes physical, it must be dealt with. That is what happened in this case, and so serious action needs to be taken to stop it.

Now, there are many fixable problems in this country, but this is not the time to worry about that. It would only serve to distract us from the threat that is currently holding the world hostage. The threat simply cannot be stopped peacefully. There are dangerous people holding dangerous weapons and they have the requisite motivation and will to use them. And so, we must take the toys away.

I would like to see one scratch of evidence that the US is in any way responsible for the terrorists at large. So quick to point the finger are we, that we assume that any wrong in the world must somehow be the fault of the current regime. If you want to blame somebody, blame yourself. It is the oil game that funds these fundamentalists, so make a stand and stop using oil products. If enough people did that, it would send ripples throughout the entire empowered world.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: War on Ignorance [Re: ]
    #431227 - 10/20/01 05:22 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

If everything stops with anthrax, then I smell smoe conspiracy too. I mean if US hit iraq after all these messages, Iraq the one wich owns HIGH grade bio weapon it is going to be strange why didnt they use it if they have nothing to loose.

But, if this does not happen, then we are droping toward cataclysm for sure. I just do not want nuclear weapon be involved in this shit....because radiation kills the lbio system for thousands of years... not good at all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale