Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Coffee/Caffeine for misting? Updated with pics
    #4306027 - 06/16/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey-

So I am going to try using coffee to soak my WBS... but I was wondering if anyone had tried using it for misting. Couldn't find anything in posts. I have a 3rd and final flush on a small casing.. so I figured I would try it on that one.

Just curious if anyone has tried it before. We will see how it goes for me.

EDIT: I think I am going to use a caffeine pill rather than coffee. I know it isnt set that the caffeine is the good thing... but I don't really want to wet em down with coffee...

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Edited by Quiescence (06/17/05 12:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coffee/Caffeine for misting? [Re: Quiescence]
    #4306087 - 06/16/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

coffee will contam quickly, just like a cup of coffee that is left out for 3 days. As for a caffine pill, like viveran, im sure it has too many chems to help

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: Coffee/Caffeine for misting? [Re: tahoe]
    #4306102 - 06/16/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ha. I'm gonna use vivarin, I have it lying around.. and they actually have the entire list of what's in it online...
http://store1.yimg.com/I/buyinprivate_1849_53112146

I figured most of the stuff wasn't in large amounts... and it's a last small flush anyways. So no big deal. The caffeine really seems to pump up the myc. So no one actually tried it....?

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

OfflinePokerShrooms
not a stranger,just strangerthan most

#4306154 - 06/16/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i personally have had very bad luck with both coffee and coffee/espresso grinds added to the casing layer. maybe just me, but its caused me grief in the past. i remember way back when being in a post discussing typtophan being added to the substrate. last i remember someone was looking into finding out about what temperature it breaks down at, and someone else mentioned griffonea seeds. wonder whatever happened with that...

--------------------
never let life get you down. when the world starts screwing with you, get back at it by pooping in a bird nest.

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: Coffee/Caffeine for misting? [Re: PokerShrooms]
    #4306199 - 06/16/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What happened exactly.. the 'grief'?

--------------------

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4307490 - 06/17/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

So I tried some caffeine last night. Crushed a 200mg cap into my little spray bottle... about 1 pint of water?

Not that I can say the caffeine had anything to do with it.. but it's cool anyways. I only sprayed around the big guy. So not to say he wouldn't have grown anyways.. but I will certainly be trying this some more...

Last night before spray:

This morning after 10hours:

~Quiescence~

--------------------

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
    #4307575 - 06/17/05 01:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i thought coffee was only used for soaking? can you simmer in the coffee juice too?

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coffee/Caffeine for misting? [Re: Oatman2000]
    #4307591 - 06/17/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You soak and simmer in the coffee (thats what RR did anyway, as did I). Didnt see much from it, but didnt do much experimenting with it. Poo water works just as well if not better IMO.

Coffee is great on nutes, thats what I think it is, not the caffiene. The way caffiene effects our brains wouldnt affect fungus the same way...maybe it does it different with similar effect, but I doubt that its just not the nutes...coffee grounds have been used in substrate and compost for a long time in commercial ops though..they believe it to be the nutes too, not caffiene.

I dont think adding caffiene would affect anything in anyway, soak or spray..spraying with coffee though I think would be bad, I think it wold invite unwanted contams...plus mycelium gets its nutes when its colonizing the substrate...when your misting, its trying to fruit, not eat.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
    #4307594 - 06/17/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i just tryed coffee grinds in my last substrate batch. i'll keep those results posted as they happen. maybe 2-3 more days.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4307638 - 06/17/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I will be soaking/simmering in the same coffee water.

I just wanted to try some caffeine in the water. Once I get some batches that are all the same. I will try spraying half and then not the others. See if the caffeine really does anything at all...
But either way.. I like my big boy  :cool:

~Quiescence~

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4307646 - 06/17/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know, feel free to experiment...I've just followed the coffee thing for a while so put in what I had to say and my thoughts on it...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: Coffee/Caffeine for misting? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4307661 - 06/17/05 01:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

And that's what a thread is all about. :wink: Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a thread...

~Quiescence~

--------------------

OfflinePokerShrooms
not a stranger,just strangerthan most

#4407314 - 07/15/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i had tried coffee in the casing material, as well as coffee and water for the substrate's liquid part. both went to hell for me.

--------------------
never let life get you down. when the world starts screwing with you, get back at it by pooping in a bird nest.

OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
    #4408513 - 07/15/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Quiescence said:
I like my big boy  :cool:

~Quiescence~

And a fine big boy he is, too. Thanks for sharing the pic and experiment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds