Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePapa_Smurff
Reality Bender

Loc: A Yellow Submarine
Martha Closet Questions
    #4220486 - 05/25/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have read up on the Martha Closet Tek but I haven't found a few things that I was looking for. First of all I was wondering what I use to keep the humidity up in it. Well an ultrasonic humidifier work? Second of all I was wondering how I heat it. It is going to be in a closet so I wasn't sure. Third of all how effective is the Martha closet?

--------------------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrow
i ^
Re: Martha Closet Questions [Re: Papa_Smurff]
    #4220518 - 05/25/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ultrasonic is used for humidity
space heater is used if needed
and marthas are very effective.

Edited by grow (05/25/05 10:47 PM)

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4220877 - 05/25/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This time of year you're not gunna need heat for fruiting chamber unless you live in the south pole. Ditch the heater and go for coolmist + ultrasonic instead.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Martha Closet Questions [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4221005 - 05/26/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ditch the martha and get a 4-tier mini greenhouse from Garden Ridge or Target :smile:

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Martha Closet Questions [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4221283 - 05/26/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That's the ticket.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinematto322
Stranger

Martha Closet Questions Regarding Casing & Humidity [Re: grow]
    #4306955 - 06/17/05 09:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I purchased the Martha closet and cool mist humidifier along with an ultra sonic humidifier. I live in a desert region where the relative humidity is quite low so I figured I would need both. I bought a really useful timer at my local hydro shop that worked in 15 minute intervals, I read that running the cool mist humidifier 24/7 and the ultrasonic 15 minutes every hour was good so I decided to go that route. Unfortunately my casings were getting way too saturated leading to cobweb type strands to show up on my casing trays. I assume it's cobweb because it looks exactly like cobwebs, little strands forming on my casing layer which could be easily seen with the small moisture droplets on them. I attached the hosed where I saw diagrams from previous posts, right at the top with an over under configuration the ultrasonic being on top so the cool mist would blow the fog a little better. I have come to realize that the mist coming in from the top is falling down onto my casings causing over saturation. I thought of putting the tubes on the bottom but the water buildup in the tubes would be a menace as well. I also thought about putting a plexiglass shield on each shelf that would block the mist from falling onto the casings but I'm not sure. I have 2 fish tank pumps on the bottom of the closet with an air tube running out of each side to pump out the co2 buildup on the bottom of the chamber. I was quite proud of my little creation and really didn't want to get rid of it. Can I get some expert advice on what to do about this? There has to be some people successfully casing using the Martha with an ultrasonic, please any help would be appreciated...
MaTTo

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4307074 - 06/17/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

all this talk of the ultra sonics is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY overkill.

all you need is a good coolmist.

pipe one output to the top shelf and another to the middle shelf.

run it a few minutes every hour.

between that and the moisture in the casings...as long as you
don't zip the thing open every 20 minutes is more than enough
humidity in the environment.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Martha Closet Questions Regarding Casing & Humidity [Re: matto322]
    #4307149 - 06/17/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I don't have a Martha Closet, but instead i have a 4 tier from Target.com. I had to get it from target.com because they don't sell it at my target. Either way the concept of the "mini" greenhouse is awesome. Here's the way i have it set up.

Humidity:

My humidifier goes at the bottom, and fogs out a mini fishbowl. This works well for 2 reasons. it will cloud the whole thing out (ultrasonic) and also, this fishbowl collects any of the excess water driping out of the humidifier.
this works, and it will even get to the top. The fishtank heater doesn't work, and will not heat this big greenhouse. You don't need to heat it anyway. fruiting conditions don't require.

Air:

i have a fish tank bubbler, and 4 -18" bubble stones zip tied to each tier. but on each tier i rotated which one goes in front and which one goes in back. so each  tier has a pretty good o2 flow. Since i actually have the ultrasonic inside the greenhouse is is not pulling any fresh o2 into the mist. The Airpump is located outside the unit, and i put pollyfill where the intake is.

I am taking that fishtank heater out of the fishbowl, and i am making a Heatbomb(Tm) LOL. i just ordered a seedling heat mat to put under my fruiting chamber too.

** see the 2 green bubblestones in front? there are 2 of them on the adjacent shelves.....in back.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: Martha Closet Questions Regarding Casing & Humidity [Re: Oatman2000]
    #4307358 - 06/17/05 11:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

wait..... what? what was all that? lol I like your mini green house set up I have one from target to, could you PM and help me set it up? thanks.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Martha Closet Questions Regarding Casing & Humidity [Re: thremix]
    #4307819 - 06/17/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

can anyone give me the dimensions on one of those green houses. My sister was looking for one to grow some organic foods but wants to make sure its not too small or big. let me know if you can thanks.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom