Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally?
    #4306884 - 06/17/05 08:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If you check my grow log, pins came up about 3-4 days ago. When this person used a growkit last year, the time from first pins to harvest was about 5 days...they grew up fast.

Now, however, the pins are SLOW. They have not stalled, as each morning there are a couple more pins, and the ones there have gotten a TINY bit bigger/fatter...but only a little. The temps are around 74-78, there is myc around the pin bases suggesting plenty of humidity, and it is fanned 4-6 times a day.

Do some strains grow very slowly? These are Argentinas. They haven't stalled, but are growing in slow motion it seems. Suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: myndreach]
    #4306895 - 06/17/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yes some strains take longer to fruit than others.

I haven't tried the Argentina strain...so I can't tell you what it fruits like from experience...sorry!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#4306930 - 06/17/05 08:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Drop those temps...

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleFoci
me?
Loc: north pole
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: ralphster44]
    #4306951 - 06/17/05 09:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

B+ for me took hell a long time for them to pin... but thats due to my fault and not sealing up the PMP... and thussss getting cakes too dry. but i dunked and cold shocked them and then. well.... they started to PIN! yay! but i was having the same problem. they are growing slow but i raised them temp to 76 (previously 70) and they seem to be growing faster now...(still SLOW tho) this is 4th day of the first pin and the first pin is about an inch now. of course i'm misting and fanning a lot now hehehe (i also added one of those small plant grow lights) 24".

actually in retrospect. I think i may be growing at normal speed but the experts have super fast times due to alot more experience.

goodluck man, keep us posted  :smile:

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: Foci]
    #4306980 - 06/17/05 09:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

how would one drop the temperature more?

OfflineQuadrupleTree
Single Whip

#4307063 - 06/17/05 09:47 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure of your set up, but you might be able to rig a setup on the nearest floor a/c duct (if you have one). If your fruiting chamber is portable, loft it an inch or so above the duct with a small object under each corner, then insulate the space below with towels on all sides. You can leave an opening for air flow away from the duct (for newer, cold air), but try to redirect it back towards the chamber for more benefit. make sense?

--------------------
I don't know if you are ready, but I'd like to offer the Truth of Dr. David R. Hawkins...http://www.veritaspub.com

People talk about getting "the fear." There is simply a lack of inner confidence and comfort. Those people haven't studied any type of mind training. I suggest they seriously consider Qigong.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: QuadrupleTree]
    #4307337 - 06/17/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It actually takes a while. Just because you have one pin does not mean that you have a full pinset, time from first pin to pinset in my experience can be a few days. After you have a well developed pinset it should take them about a week or so to grow up. Pins form about as fast as it takes the mushroom to grow (all this is just my experience currently), and as such you can have hyphal knots that look like pins, or premature pins for upto a week before they take off. I think argentina's are typically known as a medium speed fruiter but I haven't grown them myself.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: lemunhed]
    #4307370 - 06/17/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Pins to harvest, depending on which of the 16 strains I've tried, is 3-14 days.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4307397 - 06/17/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well here's the log

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4208261/an/0/page/0

the pins basically look like they did yesterday, only a TINY bit bigger perhaps...so go ahead and check that out and see the growth the pins have had.

Her prior grow was a growkit, and from one solo pin showing to harvest was like 5 days. The first pin on this current grow showed up like 3 days ago, but still haven't gotten even large at all really...

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4307405 - 06/17/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ive always ranged between 4 and 8 days...

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4307431 - 06/17/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You just got a very fast strain...but its only been 3 days...dont forget they do a double in size thing every so often (seems with a good strain, doubles every day thereabouts)..so the growth from day 1 to day 2 will only be a quarter inch, the next day, half inch...then the next three days you go to inch, 2 inches, 3 inches...so thats 6 inches on the second three days and less then an inch the first three days.

I pulled the numbers pretty much out of my ass, mycelium isnt on a clock like that but the whole cell replication type deal is the basic idea...they look fine for a strain that just isnt the quickest though from the growlog...your pinset also wasnt the evenest, which slows down the maturing pins while others form..which is why we shoot for even pinsets.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleFoci
me?
Loc: north pole
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4307486 - 06/17/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Pins to harvest, depending on which of the 16 strains I've tried, is 3-14 days.

!!!what strain is the 3 day one??  :loveeyes:

--------------------
Market=zero rating due to tahoe not helping with thispost. He posted he wanted 5 shrooms. thats it... and since he didnt help and i didn't give him a rating. he gave me bad ratings... rock on. great shroomer.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: Foci]
    #4307491 - 06/17/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well it was probably more like 4...Brazils...

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4307553 - 06/17/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

BTW, per Ralph and others' advice, it's relocated and now is 70-74 degrees. We'll see if that makes a difference.

Hey scat, how, exactly, does an even pinset make the fruit grow faster? People always refer to getting an even pinset, but why does it really matter, biologically. What affect does an even pinset have on the fruiting of the mycelium?

I mean, I would just think that an uneven pinset would give you less mushrooms, but the same amount of energy is available to the mycelium, so those mushrooms would be bigger. An even pinset, in my thinking (with no experience, just guessing) you would have more mushrooms, but they would be smaller in the end.

The mycelium uses up 100% of it's energy in either case, doesn't it? Either get a few fatties, or a bunch of smaller ones...I'm just thinking about it logically.

If I'm wrong, I'd like to be corrected and let know why.

:smile:

Edited by myndreach (06/17/05 01:06 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4307569 - 06/17/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know exactly what happens "biologically"....but what I see is mycelium being kind of "stupid"...it only does one thing at a time well. The better you allow it to concentrate everything into ONE side of the casing, all at once....the quicker everything comes up and the more weight. If you do everything right you stop veg growth completly everywhere, then an enzyme is produced when triggers are got...so if half the casing gets light and fresh air, the other half will stop growing and not pin well and be trying to pin because it feels the enzyme in the network, but not strong because that half of the network isnt producing it...so its working hard to do many things, wasting energy and nutrients.

Kinda like people...if you do things the quickest and most efficient way, you can get more done in the day, with the same amount of energy..

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4310350 - 06/18/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well this morning they have grown a TINY bit more lol, but still not much. They are still very small.

The temps are 71-74 throughout the day/night. It is fanned manually for 15-30 seconds 4-6 times a day, and has indirect flourescent light for 8-12 hours a day.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4310767 - 06/18/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Another thing is temps...for primordia formation 71-74 is best, but they grow a little slower (a little bigger too I think)..they'll grow faster if you could maintain like 77-78 degrees. More fresh air would help too..but you still shouldnt be to bad time wise..5-7 days is pretty average from pins to maturity..but they usually arent half grown until 3-5 days, then last 2-3 days they grow the other half.

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4310905 - 06/18/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, now I'm confused. Ralph said to drop the temps, so it got dropped from 74-76 to 70-74. Now you are saying that a HIGER temp is better?

oh and there's a new pic from today in the log now.

Edited by myndreach (06/18/05 01:10 PM)

Offlineshrumnoob
Stranger
    #4421017 - 07/18/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Oki...forgive my ignorance plz...I'm REALLY new to this...AFOAF is trying to fruit Tak Mountain strain on BRF cakes. My freind's fruiting chamber's average humidity is 98% and air exchange is 3-4 times daily. Pins were seen 4 days ago, but growth seems very slow. That first pin has only grown to about 1/2 inch now. Is there something that can be done to speed up the maturing process?
Thanks y'all!

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: Weird...how long from pins to harvest, normally? [Re: shrumnoob]
    #4421043 - 07/18/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just let it run it's course, the less u mess with it the better in fact...don't mess with it at all.
Take care!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix