Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, Perlite, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEternoPsiconauta
Minister ofNature

Loc: Suburbia
You won`t like it
    #4306810 - 06/17/05 08:34 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

its another damn question bout the grow kit :grin:! does any of you knows what do I have to do after the first flush (like dunking the substrate in the water or stuff like that)? How can i obtain the maximum from my grow box? help me cause Ive got only one grow kit an I won`t be able to buy another til august!
I trust you

--------------------
sono animato da costanti pensieri inerenti alla sottomissione del mondo.questo e` quanto.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: You won`t like it [Re: EternoPsiconauta]
    #4306872 - 06/17/05 09:51 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Not sure about the dunking, it is probably ok. You should look up cloning and printing so that you will not need to buy a growkit ever again.

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

OfflineEternoPsiconauta
Minister ofNature

Re: You won`t like it [Re: blackout]
    #4306971 - 06/17/05 11:09 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

no I only want to use it til i can im not talkin bout spore prints and this kina stuff.I just would like to know how can I obtain more flushes with wich process, is it clear :thumbup:thanks

--------------------
sono animato da costanti pensieri inerenti alla sottomissione del mondo.questo e` quanto.

InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
    #4307003 - 06/17/05 11:24 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

I just got done with a first flush 2 weeks ago. And i was using a grow kit. I took mine, put the plug in the bottom of the container, and filled it with cold water and put it in the fridge over night (10 - 12 hrs). Then I took it out, drained it and put it in under my bed for a few days with no light. Then, when it started to knot, I gave it light in my closet every night for like 8 hrs, and then back under the bed during the day (very sneaky). In about 5 days after pinning I harvested 260g of beautiful mushys. As always, BE NEUROTIC ABOUT STERILITY. Is that how you spell neurotic?

--------------------
I tripped and fell into a revolution

OfflineEternoPsiconauta
Minister ofNature

Re: You won`t like it [Re: ThinkPink]
    #4307079 - 06/17/05 11:53 AM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

datefulgead said:
I just got done with a first flush 2 weeks ago. And i was using a grow kit. I took mine, put the plug in the bottom of the container, and filled it with cold water and put it in the fridge over night (10 - 12 hrs). Then I took it out, drained it and put it in under my bed for a few days with no light. Then, when it started to knot, I gave it light in my closet every night for like 8 hrs, and then back under the bed during the day (very sneaky). In about 5 days after pinning I harvested 260g of beautiful mushys. As always, BE NEUROTIC ABOUT STERILITY. Is that how you spell neurotic?

to be honest, i did not understand so much of your process.isn`it too long?

--------------------

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4307179 - 06/17/05 12:19 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

It appears EternoPsiconauta is growing for the wrong reasons. All he cares about is getting more product, when he should be worried about learning the whole process of cultivating. Dont let your greed get the better of you. Slow down and actually try to learn something, that after all is the reason most of us start.

Offlinekeith813
living in the70s
Re: You won`t like it [Re: prefloppro]
    #4307191 - 06/17/05 12:21 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

prefloppro said:
It appears EternoPsiconauta is growing for the wrong reasons.  All he cares about is getting more product, when he should be worried about learning the whole process of cultivating.  Dont let your greed get the better of you.  Slow down and actually try to learn something, that after all is the reason most of us start.

:thumbup:

--------------------
whats the difference between sweat and spit?

OfflineEternoPsiconauta
Minister ofNature

#4307255 - 06/17/05 12:44 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

prefloppro said:
It appears EternoPsiconauta is growing for the wrong reasons.  All he cares about is getting more product, when he should be worried about learning the whole process of cultivating.  Dont let your greed get the better of you.  Slow down and actually try to learn something, that after all is the reason most of us start.

Sorry man,you`re quite wrong.
1)i told that I need more product just because I will not see mushies for a long time.
2)I`ve been to mexico in the oaxaca region, an met a local community of "trippers". I was there with my father  and we both took mushrooms in a real ritual (not the usual shit for turists).
I know quite a lot but it`s my first time just for growing with the grow kit,right?
don`t treat me like a looser thanks :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleThinkPink
Cheese Farmer
 User Gallery
Re: You won`t like it [Re: keith813]
    #4307258 - 06/17/05 12:45 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

My Tek was confusing. Break down:
1.Clean off all aborts and shroom matter from first flush
2.fill container with cold, sterile water and put in fridge
3.let soak over night
4.drain
5.put in dark for 2-3 days
6.induce fruiting by giving light for at least 4 hrs a day, fan out air 2-3 times per day, mist daily if you are not using perlite casing

There thats a little better I hope, its basically the standard dunk tek except for a grow kit. Also, my substrate dried from the first flush and pulled away from the walls slightly. So before I filled mine with water, i filled the space between the containe and substrate with perlite. This helped to feed water ino the substrate and regulated the humidity.

--------------------
I tripped and fell into a revolution

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #4307272 - 06/17/05 12:51 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

What substrate are your kits? Grains like rye or wbs won't absorb moisture, so, it would actually be more like a cold shock.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4307408 - 06/17/05 02:05 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

I seriously doubt I am wrong, but whatever. You come off like so many others have before you. Its alright for some to be complete idiots about growing, its just not right for me.

Edited by prefloppro (06/17/05 02:05 PM)

Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
    #4307421 - 06/17/05 02:11 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

datefulgead said:
I took mine, put the plug in the bottom of the container, and filled it with cold water and put it in the fridge over night (10 - 12 hrs).

COLD SHOCKING CUBENSIS DOESNT WORK! All it does is delay pinning 3 to 4 days. If your going to dunk, just leave it in a dark closet for 12-14 hours soaking in natural spring water. Dont put it in the fridge. Cold shocking is only beneficial to wood loving fungi. Therefore, the only strain of cubensis that it is beneficial for is B+, because of its relation to azures.

Quote:

prefloppro said:
It appears EternoPsiconauta is growing for the wrong reasons. All he cares about is getting more product, when he should be worried about learning the whole process of cultivating. Dont let your greed get the better of you. Slow down and actually try to learn something, that after all is the reason most of us start.

shut up, of course you wanna get more mushrooms.

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: You won`t like it [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4307450 - 06/17/05 02:21 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Yeah another one I see, only worried about quanity not learning. I am glad the community is so full of greedy money hungry leeches. Rock on.

OfflineSilverr
Stranger

#4307475 - 06/17/05 02:32 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

<-----Another freaking new guy here, BUT, I have read and learned everything in this community, such teks as casing , Cakes, Bags and I am now interested in AGAR.

Point of the post is that I have never"dunked"/"cold shock".

What is this and how could it benefit me is I am using casing tek, also when you say "soak in spring water" are you speaking of actually pouring water(sanitized) into the casing bin or water around the tub (In dub-tub tek)

Thanks for your time and knowledge

[3 min later]

I am such a lazy ass hole, I read, read, read, and found the answer BUT I could not find out why? What does this do scientifically to the mycelium?

--------------------
"The only easy day was yesterday"

Edited by Silverr (06/17/05 02:46 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4307483 - 06/17/05 02:35 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

prefloppro said:
Yeah another one I see, only worried about quanity not learning. I am glad the community is so full of greedy money hungry leeches. Rock on.

Your a fool if you dont think that part of the learning and growing process, is getting the most out of every casing you do, reaching for that perfect pinset, and solid flush.

In respose to the poster...read read read...there are many FAQ's and Teks on doing the best for your casings. Then theres the archieve section. The only wa to get the most from your casing though is experience...without knowing exactly when to do what, and what to do when...your just gonna get what you get. If you couldnt follow the first person who posted, your not gonna follow anything I tell you..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: You won`t like it [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4307493 - 06/17/05 02:40 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Maybe I am biased to anyone using a growkit. Doesnt take much to grow out of one. A monkey could could do it quite easily. Those are the people not interested in the true growing experience, just short term rewards. I think this post has gone long enough, for such a stupid matter. I apologize if I offended anyone, just speaking my mind.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
    #4307501 - 06/17/05 02:44 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Prefloppro, I think you are right in so many ways. You can tell from the person that post that he/she is not intrested in the ART. I am new and I can see that more and more, and with time I am sure I will be much like you.
I am putting over $300.00 to $400.00 already in my first grow and with all this money going out I know I have to READ to know WHAT my money is going in to. Hell I am even going to go and get a place of my own just for this, I love it, it seems to be the only thing I can think of now adays and all my friends think I am nuts. Let me tell you that with out reading and with out KNOWING what you are doing then you might get lucky and grow some, but it will not last long and in the end you will be left with a quick high, thats all so grow you shrooms in a kit, don't read any thing, Good luck to you and right after you "get hight," have fun buying another kit.
Not knowing what you are growing, where it came from, and how it works best ( to me it is all the fun?) I do want to grow AS MUCH as I can, If I grow a lot that means I am doing some thing right and all my money and reading payed off for me.

thats just my 2 cents, sorry I do not wish to fight with any one, just saying what on my mind.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: You won`t like it [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4307504 - 06/17/05 02:46 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

pcubmycol said:
COLD SHOCKING CUBENSIS DOESNT WORK!

are you sure about that? i have always cold shocked my cubes, so can you give me some reference tek or article or post about it?

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: You won`t like it [Re: thremix]
    #4307509 - 06/17/05 02:49 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

thremix said:
Prefloppro, I think you are right in so many ways. You can tell from the person that post that he/she is not intrested in the ART. I am new and I can see that more and more, and with time I am sure I will be much like you.
I am putting over $300.00 to $400.00 already in my first grow and with all this money going out I know I have to READ to know WHAT my money is going in to. Hell I am even going to go and get a place of my own just for this, I love it, it seems to be the only thing I can think of now adays and all my friends think I am nuts. Let me tell you that with out reading and with out KNOWING what you are doing then you might get lucky and grow some, but it will not last long and in the end you will be left with a quick high, thats all so grow you shrooms in a kit, don't read any thing, Good luck to you and right after you "get hight," have fun buying another kit.
Not knowing what you are growing, where it came from, and how it works best ( to me it is all the fun?) I do want to grow AS MUCH as I can, If I grow a lot that means I am doing some thing right and all my money and reading payed off for me.

thats just my 2 cents, sorry I do not wish to fight with any one, just saying what on my mind.

I DO agree with this post.

Prefloppro made it seem like the poster were being greedy though and interested in just growing to make money...this doesnt seem to be the case at all...this person is interested in mushrooms, and tripping....but not growing. I dont think that everyone who wishes to experience the magic, needs to know the art of growing as well...or needs to deal with dealers. Which is why this person is here..wanting to experience the magic of tripping, just not growing. I cant fault the person on that though.

I mean, does one need to create acid to be able to be deemed worthy of its experience?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSilverr
Stranger

Re: You won`t like it [Re: thremix]
    #4307511 - 06/17/05 02:50 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

I agree, I am also new to this sport and once even considered a grow kit until I READ.
I swear knowledge is power, try to read a little first to at least understand how cheap and fascinating it can be to grow.

--------------------
"The only easy day was yesterday"

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, Perlite, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation