Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
day trippers
    #4305457 - 06/16/05 10:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

ive never tripped during the day. for what ever reason, i dunno.....but its always been a night time thing for me. if any of you have tripped during the day, what did you think about it? was it better/worse than tripping at night? im gonna try it soon, but id like to see what you all have to say about it as well.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: day trippers [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4305542 - 06/16/05 10:34 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I really like tripping during the day. It's a totally different environment, and I feel that it lends itself better to strong visuals. Sunlight and shadows give me great chiaroscuro (sp?) effects, where shadows move around and the different shades blend into different colors. These are some of my favorite visuals to play with.

Night tripping or tripping in the dark is better for personal exploration in my opinion, since there's less visual stimuli to distract you from your thoughts. Anyway, overall I think tripping during the day is more of a fun experience, while nighttime is a more reflective, philosphical time to trip.

Water keeps me flowin'
DHarp

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: day trippers [Re: harpd]
    #4305779 - 06/16/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The forest is my playground when day tripping.  The trees, shrubs, grass...lizards crawling everywhere as well as other creatures..so....beautiful.  :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #4305969 - 06/17/05 12:45 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

IME, I can "trip out" more at night, with the darkness and shadows playing games with my eyes. I prefer day trips more though. I think I get more out of them personally; not as many visuals, but brighter, shimmering colors and more of an Earthy awareness.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: day trippers [Re: Letto]
    #4306094 - 06/17/05 01:15 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

the day is nice but i prefer the night cause the color of the sky is always nice deep colors...violet and navy blue. the sky is so cool when there are some nice clouds mixed in.
o yea and of course the stars.

Edited by Shnezbit (06/17/05 01:16 AM)

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

#4308891 - 06/17/05 09:53 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

well, here in about a week or so ill be able to tell you guys what i think....im sure i wont be disappointed :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

#4309092 - 06/17/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i only tripped once on shrooms and that was evening, so i got to peak at around sunset, and come down at night with things still moving about in my feild of vision. i think ill probably trip at that time in the future more than all day or all night trips

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: day trippers [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #4309481 - 06/18/05 12:33 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

its nice if you time it so that the the effects begin to fade around sunset

--------------------

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: day trippers [Re: extinguishment]
    #4310489 - 06/18/05 11:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I was just tripping yesterday on some lysergic .. took it at 6.. the best time because I got both night and day. They are both awesome and each has of course its own great qualities.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: day trippers [Re: dante]
    #4311063 - 06/18/05 04:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i prefer night time trips for one reason, THE STARS!!!! But day time trips are great too, you can walk out in nature and look at the trees and flowers, nature is a butiful thing while trippin

--------------------

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: day trippers [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4312864 - 06/19/05 03:31 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I have always been a night tripper until my last trip. Tripping during the day was an amazing experience. With the sunlight, blue sky and the beauty of nature, for the first time since I've been tripping I was grinning from ear to ear. Colours were vibrant and brilliant and there was more a focus on seeing natural patterns. Although the trip was introverted, the themes were pleasant and pleasurable. The feelings were quite primal, and while in a public area it took all of my mental willpower to not lay down and roll around like a dog in a big patch of soft, green grass.

All of my previous trips have been at night. Perhaps I have a subconscious fear of the dark, but my night trips often take a serious tone. They are also introverted, but often darker themes surface and the entire trip has a mystical flavour that is perhaps facilitated by incense and votive candles. The visual effects of tripping at night are somewhat different. Objects can become much more "trippy" because your brain fills in the blanks. For example, I can see a ski resort in the mountains from my balcony window. At night there are lights on the top of the mountain. I have spent the tail end of a trip at night staring at the lights convinced they were UFOs or some strange craft heading towards me. I have walked along the ocean while tripping at night, and the reflection of the moonlight on the water will transform into a vertical wall of water. Twisted bits of driftwood become people hunched on the beach until you walk right up and almost touch them.

Then again, at the end of the day it might all be the mental preparation and mindset. Admittedly, eating mushrooms during the day was kind of an "oh yay....i want to have fun so i'll eat shrooms" whereas for most of my other trips at night I have set a more serious tone even before heading into the experience.

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: day trippers [Re: Tranceport]
    #4313062 - 06/19/05 05:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tranceport said:
Tripping during the day was an amazing experience. With the sunlight, blue sky and the beauty of nature, for the first time since I've been tripping I was grinning from ear to ear. Colours were vibrant and brilliant and there was more a focus on seeing natural patterns. Although the trip was introverted, the themes were pleasant and pleasurable. The feelings were quite primal, and while in a public area it took all of my mental willpower to not lay down and roll around like a dog in a big patch of soft, green grass.

:thumbup: :thumbup: sounds like an awsome time.

Quote:

Tranceport said:
Twisted bits of driftwood become people hunched on the beach until you walk right up and almost touch them.

this reminded me of tripping on the beach last september while i was in cali for a massive rave....there was a piece of drift wood that i swore was a dead body right up untill i got in for a closer examination.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience