Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms
    #4305393 - 06/16/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Folks,

I need some good, credible, informative, educational, interesting
and/or surprising facts about mushrooms, psychoactive and
otherwise.

Does anyone have any juicy bits I could use?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: afoaf]
    #4305400 - 06/16/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms (edibles) are high in Selenium, which promotes a healthy immune system

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#4305411 - 06/16/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard them there "mushrooms" are magic. :yesnod:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: Boom]
    #4305412 - 06/16/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

that's the ticket!

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4305433 - 06/16/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=122

This page discusses the health benfits of Shittake Mushrooms

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

#4305440 - 06/16/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ck this girls stuff...shes a bitch most the time but shes kinda cool sometimes
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post1998350

--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

#4305453 - 06/16/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Beer #15

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?

OfflineVampire999S
Man Of ManyAquariums
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4305535 - 06/16/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Were basically looking for information to make up a facts and myths flyer for events we will be going to.

--------------------
./configure --without-sanity --without-logic --without-regret
jaded = safe != happy
Were not familly, we are the shroomery, and to some thats thicker than blood.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4305536 - 06/16/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What is psilocybin?

Psilocybin is a hallucinogenic substance obtained from certain types of mushrooms that are indigenous to tropical and subtropical regions of South America, Mexico, and the United States. These mushrooms typically contain 0. 2 to 0.4 percent psilocybin and a trace amount of psilocyn, another hallucinogenic substance. Both psilocybin and psilocyn can be produced synthetically, but law enforcement reporting currently does not indicate that this is occurring.

What does psilocybin look like?

Mushrooms containing psilocybin are available fresh or dried and have long, slender stems topped by caps with dark gills on the underside. Fresh mushrooms have white or whitish- gray stems; the caps are dark brown around the edges and light brown or white in the center. Dried mushrooms are generally rusty brown with isolated areas of off-white.

How is psilocybin abused?

Psilocybin mushrooms are ingested orally. They may be brewed as a tea or added to other foods to mask their bitter flavor. Some users coat the mushrooms with chocolate--this both masks the flavor and disguises the mushrooms as candy. Once the mushrooms are ingested, the body breaks down the psilocybin to produce psilocyn.

Who abuses psilocybin?

Psilocybin mushrooms are popular at raves, clubs and, increasingly, on college campuses and generally are abused by teenagers and young adults. It is difficult to gauge the extent of psilocybin use in the United States because most data sources that quantify drug use exclude psilocybin. The Monitoring the Future Survey, conducted by the University of Michigan, does reveal that 9.2 percent of high school seniors in the United States used hallucinogens other than LSD--a category that includes psilocybin--at least once in their lifetime. Two percent of high school seniors used hallucinogens other than LSD in the past month.

What are the risks?

Use of psilocybin is associated with negative physical and psychological consequences. The physical effects, which appear within 20 minutes of ingestion and last approximately 6 hours, include nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, drowsiness, and lack of coordination. While there is no evidence that users may become physically dependent on psilocybin, tolerance for the drug does develop when it is ingested continuously over a short period of time.

The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose.

In addition to the risks associated with ingestion of psilocybin, individuals who seek to abuse psilocybin mushrooms also risk poisoning if one of the many varieties of poisonous mushrooms is incorrectly identified as a psilocybin mushroom.

What is psilocybin called?

The most common names for Psilocybin are magic mushroom, mushroom, and shrooms. (Please see the Street Terms text box for additional names.)

Street Terms for Psilocybin

Boomers
Flower flipping (MDMA used with psilocybin)
God's flesh
Hippieflip (MDMA used with psilocybin)
Hombrecitos
Las mujercitas
Little smoke
Mexican mushrooms
Musk
Sacred mushroom
Silly putty
Simple simon

Is psilocybin illegal?

Yes, psilocybin is illegal. Psilocybin is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs, which include heroin and LSD, have a high potential for abuse and serve no legitimate medical purpose in the United States.
http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs6/6038/index.htm

I hope that helps you.
-Ravus

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4305537 - 06/16/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4305555 - 06/16/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms are phallic.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4305557 - 06/16/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Anyway:

Psilocybin, the most commonly known chemical in mushrooms, is actually inactive. It is considered a prodrug, which means that the drug itself is not active, but it is converted to an active drug in the body.

Rock paintings of psychedelic mushrooms in the Sahara date back to 7000 B.C.

On amanitas:
Quote:

Koryak Siberians have a story about the fly agaric (wapaq) which enabled Big Raven to carry a whale to its home. In the story, the deity Vahiyinin ("Existence") spat onto earth, and his spittle became the wapaq, and his saliva becomes the warts. After experiencing the power of the wapaq, Raven was so exhilarated that he told it to grow forever on earth so his children, the people, can learn from it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: Vampire999]
    #4305561 - 06/16/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Vampire999 said:
Were basically looking for information to make up a facts and myths flyer for events we will be going to.

Ill try to contribute ...
To Afoffy: nice  :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------

WDYWFM?
Rono he hate me...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4305572 - 06/16/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The world's largest organism is a fungus: Armillaria ostoyae, the largest specimen spanning 8.9 square kilometres (2200 acres) in area.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4305574 - 06/16/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

*About

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: Ravus]
    #4305581 - 06/16/05 08:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
What is psilocybin?

Psilocybin is a hallucinogenic substance obtained from certain types of mushrooms that are indigenous to tropical and subtropical regions of South America, Mexico, and the United States. These mushrooms typically contain 0. 2 to 0.4 percent psilocybin and a trace amount of psilocyn, another hallucinogenic substance. Both psilocybin and psilocyn can be produced synthetically, but law enforcement reporting currently does not indicate that this is occurring.

What does psilocybin look like?

Mushrooms containing psilocybin are available fresh or dried and have long, slender stems topped by caps with dark gills on the underside. Fresh mushrooms have white or whitish- gray stems; the caps are dark brown around the edges and light brown or white in the center. Dried mushrooms are generally rusty brown with isolated areas of off-white.

How is psilocybin abused?

Psilocybin mushrooms are ingested orally. They may be brewed as a tea or added to other foods to mask their bitter flavor. Some users coat the mushrooms with chocolate--this both masks the flavor and disguises the mushrooms as candy. Once the mushrooms are ingested, the body breaks down the psilocybin to produce psilocyn.

Who abuses psilocybin?

Psilocybin mushrooms are popular at raves, clubs and, increasingly, on college campuses and generally are abused by teenagers and young adults. It is difficult to gauge the extent of psilocybin use in the United States because most data sources that quantify drug use exclude psilocybin. The Monitoring the Future Survey, conducted by the University of Michigan, does reveal that 9.2 percent of high school seniors in the United States used hallucinogens other than LSD--a category that includes psilocybin--at least once in their lifetime. Two percent of high school seniors used hallucinogens other than LSD in the past month.

What are the risks?

Use of psilocybin is associated with negative physical and psychological consequences. The physical effects, which appear within 20 minutes of ingestion and last approximately 6 hours, include nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, drowsiness, and lack of coordination. While there is no evidence that users may become physically dependent on psilocybin, tolerance for the drug does develop when it is ingested continuously over a short period of time.

The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose.

In addition to the risks associated with ingestion of psilocybin, individuals who seek to abuse psilocybin mushrooms also risk poisoning if one of the many varieties of poisonous mushrooms is incorrectly identified as a psilocybin mushroom.

What is psilocybin called?

The most common names for Psilocybin are magic mushroom, mushroom, and shrooms. (Please see the Street Terms text box for additional names.)

Street Terms for Psilocybin

Boomers
Flower flipping (MDMA used with psilocybin)
God's flesh
Hippieflip (MDMA used with psilocybin)
Hombrecitos
Las mujercitas
Little smoke
Mexican mushrooms
Musk
Sacred mushroom
Silly putty
Simple simon

Is psilocybin illegal?

Yes, psilocybin is illegal. Psilocybin is a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule I drugs, which include heroin and LSD, have a high potential for abuse and serve no legitimate medical purpose in the United States.

I hope that helps you.
-Ravus

i dont think this is a balanced statement at all.
i dont agree with the words i placed in bold.^
half the statement was okay but the rest of the half is biased.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Edited by fortyounces2freedom (06/16/05 08:51 PM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: 40oz]
    #4305586 - 06/16/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Are you saying that the DEA is biased now?

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: Ravus]
    #4305595 - 06/16/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Are you saying that the DEA is biased now?

of course the DEA is biased.

(i didnt see that d.o.j link in there didnt know the source of the article)

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4305610 - 06/16/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This is about all hallucinogens including LSD and psilocybin, but there's still some good info on psychoactive mushrooms.

Hallucinogens affect your brain. Hallucinogens alter how the brain perceives time, reality, and the environment around you. They also affect the way you move, react to situations, think, hear, and see. This may make you think that you're hearing voices, seeing images, and feeling things that don't exist.

Hallucinogens affect your heart. The use of hallucinogens leads to an increase in heart rate and blood pressure. Hallucinogens can put you in a coma. They can also cause heart and lung failure. Hallucinogens affect your well-being. The use of hallucinogens may change the way you feel emotionally. They may cause you to feel confused, suspicious, and disoriented. Use of PCP may interfere with hormones related to normal growth as well as with the learning process.1

Hallucinogens affect your self-control. The impact of hallucinogens varies from time to time, so there is no way to know how much self-control you might maintain. They can cause you to mix up your speech, lose control of your muscles, make meaningless movements, and do aggressive or violent things.

Before You Risk It
Know the law. Hallucinogens are illegal to buy, sell, or possess.

Get the facts. Hallucinogenic drugs distort your perception of reality. Hallucinogens cause your sense of space and time to become distorted and cause you to see objects that aren't really there.

Stay informed. It's easy to quickly develop a tolerance to hallucinogens so that it takes more and more of the drug each time to get the same effect. This is dangerous because taking more and more of the same drug may lead to an overdose with severe effects.

Know the risks. Hallucinogens can cause flashbacks. Effects of the drugs, including hallucinations, can occur weeks, months, even years after use.

Look around you. The majority of teens are not using hallucinogens. According to a 1999 study, only 1 percent of teens use hallucinogens regularly and 94 percent of teens had never even tried hallucinogens.2

Know the Signs
How can you tell if a friend is using hallucinogens? Sometimes it's tough to tell. But there are signs you can look for. If your friend has one or more of the following warning signs, he or she may be using hallucinogens:

Depression
Weakness and lack of muscular coordination
Anxiety or paranoia
Trembling
Nausea
Dizziness
Facial flushing
Dilated pupils
What can you do to help someone who is using hallucinogens? Be a real friend. Encourage your friend to stop or seek professional help. For information and referrals, call the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information at 800-729-6686.

Q&A
Q. Do hallucinogens have long-term effects?
A. Yes. In addition to flashbacks, long-term effects may include decreased motivation, prolonged depression, anxiety, increased delusions and panic, and psychosis.

Q. Can I predict if I will have a "bad trip"?
A. There is no way to predict a "bad trip." There is no consistency in hallucinogenic drugs, so each "trip" may differ depending on the drug's strength and purity. The psychological effects of the hallucinogen are also dependent on the user's frame of mind.

Q. How can I help someone through a bad trip?
A. Don't try to handle this situation on your own; call 911 and a trusted adult immediately. While waiting, address the person by name, remind them who and where they are, talk to them calmly, make sure they're safe, and don't leave them alone.

The bottom line: If you know someone who uses hallucinogens, urge him or her to get help. If you're using them-stop! The longer you ignore the real facts, the more chances you take with your life.

It's never too late. Talk to your parents, a doctor, a counselor, a teacher, or another adult you trust.

Do it today!
http://www.freevibe.com/Drug_Facts/hallucinogens.asp

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Re: Educational and Interesting Facts Abount Mushrooms [Re: 40oz]
    #4305641 - 06/16/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

WHAT ARE MAGIC MUSHROOMS?

Magic mushrooms are mushrooms that contain psilocybin. Psilocybin is a psychedelic drug with effects similar to those of LSD.
Psilocybin mushrooms have been used by many indigenous cultures to induce altered states of consciousness during religious rituals.
HOW ARE THEY USED?

Magic mushrooms are either eaten raw, mixed with food, or brewed into a tea. They can be eaten fresh or dried for later use.
There is no predictable way of estimating the amount of psilocybin in each mushroom. The amount is determined by the strain, size and age of the mushroom.
Starting with a small amount before deciding to take more can prevent having too strong a trip, and minimize the chance of being poisoned from the wrong type of mushroom.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?

At low doses, magic mushrooms produce feelings of relaxation, not dissimilar to those of cannabis.
Users often report laughing a lot and finding things funnier than they would normally.
At higher doses, the experience is closer to that of LSD, intensifying colors and producing visual hallucinations and feelings of euphoria.
A mushroom "trip" tends to last about four to five hours.
Users often report the mushroom experience to be more "earthy" than other psychedelics, increasing emotional awareness and causing less psychological confusion.
Many users find the mushroom experience to be spiritually significant while others find it frightening.
BE CAREFUL.

The biggest danger associated with magic mushrooms is misidentification. Some mushrooms are poisonous and cause stomach pains, vomiting, diarrhea and even death.
Some users report getting sick even after ingesting real psilocybin varieties.
Magic Mushrooms can impair judgement. Driving while under the influence of mushrooms is dangerous.
Magic mushrooms, like all hallucinogens, can trigger underlying mental disorders and cause schizophrenic-type symptoms.
Users sometimes have "bad trips," which can include confusion, anxiety and panic. In rare instances, users can experience recurring episodes of anxiety and panic (flashbacks) days, weeks or even months after a bad trip.
Magic Mushrooms are illegal. Possession can result in long prison terms. Supplying mushrooms to someone else (whether or not money was exchanged) carries even longer sentences.

http://dancesafe.org/documents/druginfo/mushrooms.php

--------------------

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order