Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
F.U.C.K
    #4304042 - 06/16/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Fornication Under Consent (of the) King

what is first meant!

Now-a-days....

BESIDES ITS SEXUAL CONNOTATIONS, THIS INCREDIBLE WORD CAN BE USED TO
DESCRIBE MANY SITUATIONS:

1. GREETINGS "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU?"
2. FRAUD "I GOT FUCKED BY THE CAR DEALER."
3. DISMAY "OH, FUCK IT!"
4. TROUBLE "I GUESS I'M FUCKED NOW."
5. AGGRESSION "FUCK YOU!"
6. DISGUST "FUCK ME."
7. CONFUSION "WHAT THE FUCK.......?"
8. DIFFICULTY "I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS FUCKING BUSINESS!"
9. DESPAIR "FUCKED AGAIN!"
10. INCOMPETENCE "HE FUCKS UP EVERYTHING."
11. DISPLEASURE "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?"
12. LOST "WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE?"
13. DISBELIEF "UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!"
14. RETALIATION "UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!"

IT CAN BE USED IN AN ANATOMICAL DESCRIPTION-"HE'S A FUCKING ASSHOLE."
IT CAN BE USED TO TELL TIME-"IT'S FIVE FUCKING THIRTY."
IT CAN BE USED IN BUSINESS-"HOW DID I WIND UP WITH THIS FUCKING JOB?"
IT CAN BE MATERNAL-AS IN "MOTHERFUCKER."
IT CAN BE POLITICAL-"FUCK DAN QUAYLE!"

AND NEVER FORGET GENERAL CUSTER'S LAST WORDS: "WHERE DID ALL THESE FUCKING
INDIANS COME FROM?"
ALSO, THE FAMOUS LAST WORDS OF THE MAYOR OF HIROSHIMA: "WHAT THE FUCK WAS
THAT?!"
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF THE CAPTAIN OF THE TITANIC, WHO
SAID: "WHERE IS ALL THIS FUCKING WATER COMING FROM?!"

THE MIND FAIRLY BOGGLES AT THE MANY CREATIVE USES OF THE WORD. HOW CAN
ANYBODY BE OFFENDED WHEN YOU SAY "FUCK?" USE IT FREQUENTLY IN YOUR DAILY SPEECH
IT WILL ADD TO YOUR PRESTIGE.
TODAY SAY TO SOMEONE.........

"FUCK YOU!"

i think this is what happend to alot of word meanings and to have 75,000 different languages in the world!!!!! no wonder the Bible is mistranslated, and people are so fucked off about our true origins...

"in the begging was the word. and the word was with (god) and was (god)"

"the word"??? what the fuck does that mean?

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: F.U.C.K [Re: uriahchase]
    #4304102 - 06/16/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im pretty sure thats wrong. i think it was derived from the word flikken in german, which means "to strike"

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: F.U.C.K [Re: Yarry]
    #4304113 - 06/16/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

no im not wrong. it is derived from an old english custom. back in the day one would have to have the kings permission to have sex with your wife.. and put a sign on your door that says F.U.C.K

fornication under consent of the king

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4304135 - 06/16/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

forced unwanted carnal knowlage would work too

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #4304199 - 06/16/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i heard the german frikken thing too, so don't come here with your fucking bullshit saying "im not wrong you're wrong" cause you're wrong fuckface

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: F.U.C.K [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4304226 - 06/16/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Main Entry: 1fuck
Pronunciation: 'f&k
Function: verb
Etymology: akin to Dutch fokken to breed (cattle), Swedish dialect fokka to copulate
intransitive senses
1 usually obscene : COPULATE -- sometimes used in the present participle as a meaningless intensive
2 usually vulgar : MESS 3 -- used with with
transitive senses
1 usually obscene : to engage in coitus with -- sometimes used interjectionally with an object (as a personal or reflexive pronoun) to express anger, contempt, or disgust
2 usually vulgar : to deal with unfairly or harshly : CHEAT, SCREW

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4304237 - 06/16/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wordorigins.com said:
Fuck
Popular etymologies agree, unfortunately incorrectly, that this is an acronym meaning either Fornication Under Consent of the King or For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, the latter usually accompanying a story about how medieval prisoners were forced to wear this word on their clothing.

Deriving the etymology of this word is difficult, as it has been under a taboo for most of its existence and citations are rare. The earliest known use, according to American Heritage and Lighter, predates 1500 and is from a poem written in a mix of Latin and English and entitled Flen flyys. The relevant line reads:

Non sunt in celi quia fuccant uuiuys of heli.
Translated:

They [the monks] are not in heaven because they fuck the wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].
Fuccant is a pseudo-Latin word and in the original it is written in cipher to further disguise it.

Some sources cite an alleged use from 1278 as a personal name, John le Fucker, but this citation is questionable. No one has properly identified the document this name supposedly appears in and even if it is real, the name is likely a variant of fuker, a maker of cloth, fulcher, a soldier, or another similar word.

The earliest usage cite in the OED2 dates from 1503 and is in the form fukkit. The earliest cite of the current spelling is from 1535.

The word was not in common (published) use prior to the 1960s. Shakespeare did not use it, although he did hint at it for comic effect. In Merry Wives of Windsor (IV.i) he gives us the pun "focative case." In Henry V (IV.iv), the character Pistol threatens to "firk" a French soldier, a word meaning to strike, but commonly used as an Elizabethan euphemism for fuck. In the same play (III.iv), Princess Katherine confuses the English words foot and gown for the French foutre and coun (fuck and cunt, respectively) with comic results. Other poets did use the word, although it was far from common. Robert Burns, for example, used it in an unpublished manuscript.

The taboo was so strong that for 170 years, from 1795 to 1965, fuck did not appear in a single dictionary of the English language. In 1948, the publishers of The Naked and the Dead persuaded Norman Mailer to use the euphemism "fug" instead, resulting in Dorothy Parker's comment upon meeting Mailer: "So you're the man who can't spell fuck."

The root is undoubtedly Germanic, as it has cognates in other Northern European languages: Middle Dutch fokken meaning to thrust, to copulate with; dialectical Norwegian fukka meaning to copulate; and dialectical Swedish focka meaning to strike, push, copulate, and fock meaning penis. Both French and Italian have similar words, foutre and fottere respectively. These derive from the Latin futuere.

While these cognates exist, they are probably not the source of fuck, rather all these words probably come from a common root. Most of the early known usages of the English word come from Scotland, leading some scholars to believe that the word comes from Scandinavian sources. Others disagree, believing that the number of northern citations reflects that the taboo was weaker in Scotland and the north, resulting in more surviving usages. The fact that there are citations, albeit fewer of them, from southern England dating from the same period seems to bear out this latter theory.

There is also an elaborate explanation that has been circulating on the internet for some years regarding English archers, the Battle of Agincourt, and the phrase Pluck Yew! This explanation is a modern jest--a play on words. However, there may be a bit of truth to it. The British (it is virtually unknown in America) gesture of displaying the index and middle fingers with the back of the hand outwards (a reverse peace sign)--meaning the same as displaying the middle finger alone--may derive from the French practice of cutting the fingers off captured English archers. Archers would taunt the French on the battlefield with this gesture, showing they were intact and still dangerous. The pluck yew part is fancifully absurd. This is not the origin of the middle finger gesture, which is truly ancient, being referred to in classical Greek and Roman texts.

For more information on fuck and its usages, see The F Word, by Jesse Sheidlower, Random House, 1999, ISBN 0-375-70634-8. This is perhaps the most comprehensive treatment of the word available.

Edited by Veritas (06/16/05 04:41 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4304447 - 06/16/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

How about this:
In colonial America, sex outside or before marriage was subject to public humiliation on the stocks or the pillory at the town square. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillory The crime being punished was written on a placard, (possibly an idea deriving from Roman times, as in the crucifixion of Jesus, wherein His 'crime' of blasphemy was [facetiously] written and placed on the execution device - the cross). In this instance, the crime was 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4304459 - 06/16/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Etymology
The etymology of fuck has given rise to a great deal of speculation, which should be regarded skeptically. The authoritative Oxford English Dictionary is quite cautious in providing an etymology for this word. In the quotation below, the dictionary's usual abbreviations are spelled out for clarity:

Early modern English fuck, fuk, answering to a Middle English type *fuken (weak verb) [which is] not found; ulterior etymology unknown. Synonymous German ficken cannot be shown to be related.
The first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, ?Flen flyys?, from the first words of its opening line, ?Flen, flyys, and freris?; that is, ?Fleas, flies, and friars?. The line that contains fuck reads ?Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk.? The Latin words ?Non sunt in coeli, quia,? mean ?They (the friars) are not in heaven, since.? The code ?gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk? is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and two v's were used for w. This yields ?fvccant (a fake Latin form) vvivys of heli.? The whole thus reads in translation: ?They are not in heaven since they fuck wives of Ely (a town near Cambridge).? From The American Heritage Dictionary, 4th Edition (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fuck).

As the OED notes, some have attempted to draw a connection to the German word ficken (to fuck, in dialects: to rub, to scratch, and historically to strike).

A possible etymology is suggested by the fact that the Common Germanic fuk-, by an application of Grimm's law, would have as its most likely Indo-European ancestor *pug-, which appears in Latin and Greek words meaning "fight" and "fist". In early Common Germanic the word was likely used at first as a slang or euphemistic replacement for an older word for "intercourse", and then became the usual word for "intercourse".

Other possible connections are to Latin futuere (hence the French foutre, the Italian fottere, the vulgar peninsular Spanish follar and joder, and the Portuguese foder). However, there is considerable doubt and no clear lineage for these derivations. These roots, even if cognate, are not the original Indo-European word for to fuck; that root is likely *h3yebh-, ("h3" is the H3 laryngeal) which is attested in Sanskrit (yabhati) and the Slavic languages (Russian yebat`), among others: compare Greek "oiph?" (verb), and Greek "zephyros" (noun, ref. a Greek belief that the west wind caused pregnancy). However, Wayland Young (who agrees that these words are related) argues that they derive from the Indo-European *bhu- or *bhug-, believed to be the root of "to be", "to grow", and "to build". [Young, 1964]

Spanish follar has a different root; according to Spanish etymologists, the Spanish verb "follar" (attested in the 19th century) derives from "fuelle" (bellows) from Latin "folle(m)" < Indo-European "bhel-"; ancient Spanish verb folgar (attested in the 15th century) derived from Latin "follicare", ultimately from follem/follis too.

Some have supposed that fuck has cognates in other Germanic languages, such as Middle Dutch fokken (to thrust, to copulate), dialectical Norwegian fukka (to copulate), and dialectical Swedish focka (to strike, copulate) and fock (penis). A very similar set of Latin words that have not yet been related to these are those for hearth or fire, "focus/focum" (with a short o), fiery, "focilis", Latin and Italian for hearthly/hearthling, "foc[c]ia/focac[c]ia", and fire, "focca", and the Italian for bonfire, "focere". But these words came from New Latin, centuries after Middle Dutch.

There is perhaps even an original Celtic derivation; futuere being related to battuere (to strike, to copulate); which may be related to Irish bot and Manx bwoid (penis). The argument is that battuere and futuere (like the Irish and Manx words) comes from the Celtic *bactuere (to pierce), from the root buc- (a point). An even earlier root may be the Egyptian petcha (to copulate), which has a highly suggestive hieroglyph. Or perhaps Latin "futuere" came from the root "fu", Common Indo-European "bhu", meaning "be, become" and originally referred to procreation.

Fake etymologies
There are several urban-legend fake etymologies postulating an acronymic origin for the word. In the most popular version, it is said that the word "fuck" came from Irish law. If a couple committing adultery were "Found Under Carnal Knowledge" they would be penalized, with "FUCK" written on the stocks above them to denote the crime. Variants of this include "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", "Fornication Under Carnal Knowledge", and "Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", a label supposedly applied to the crime of rape. In another story, a sign reading "Fornication Under Consent of the King" was supposedly placed on signs above houses in medieval England during times of population control. All these acronyms were never heard before the 1960s, according to the authoritative lexicographical work, The F-Word, and so are backronyms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck#Etymology

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblepsyillyazul
verbal doubleedged sword BFTD

Loc: zion
Re: F.U.C.K [Re: Ravus]
    #4304567 - 06/16/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"the word"??? what the fuck does that mean?"

No one touched that.

The word that is God at least. Why??

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4304638 - 06/16/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

in the begging was the word. and the word was with (god) and was (god)"

"the word"??? what the fuck does that mean?

The word. It's either OM or FUCK, I can't figure out which. :laugh: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: F.U.C.K [Re: Icelander]
    #4305186 - 06/16/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What fornication under consent of the king is this ?
Who the fornication under consent of the king is the king who consents fornication under what the fornication under consent of the king ?

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: F.U.C.K [Re: MAIA]
    #4305199 - 06/16/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

???????

Damn, i'm high ....

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4306332 - 06/17/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think "fuck" is just a nice touch to add to phrases. You can say them with out it but it has a kick when said with it.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
Re: F.U.C.K [Re: Toddo]
    #4306937 - 06/17/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Benicio del Toro is the best in The Usual Suspects

'gimmedafuckingunyoucocksuckerwhatdafuck'

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies