Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinen00b_mj_grower
Stranger

Horse Stable Neighbor
    #4303903 - 06/16/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I live next to a horse stable and there is alot of horse shit around.
1. There shit in a field which is heavily used and devoid completely of any grass and full of piss and likely actually HARMS the environment... at least that combined with lots of other fields.

2. There is horse shit in a cool (cool temp) relatively clean, healthy forest on paths. They are walked on often so there isn't much of a chance for mushroom growth except at the sides and not in the summer due to children.

3. Converted horse field, now just regular grass and random weeds (lots of them... including mine)with potential rotting grass and hay ontop of old horse shit I think.

4. There is horse shit in direct sunlight in a less polluted looking section of land. Often gets very hot.

5. I could potentially put horse shit anywhere I want... under any conditions so let me know if you can think of some outdoors which will naturally attract the Psilocybe coprophila and Panaeolus subbalteatus species which I've heard are very common around where I live.

I was wondering whether somebody here could let me know which conditions (out of the above) are the best suited for Psilocybe coprophila and Panaeolus subbalteatus... because these are the conditions that I will try to recreate and search for.

This isn't really the kind of information that's in the guides, they don't mention really specific things like full sunlight or whatever.

I'm gonna post this elsewhere, I've been getting really interested in mushrooms and that kind of stuff (not just psychedelic) how they grow and stuff in like a single day. It seems like every time a generation dies in my backyard another immediately moves in and the mushrooms change for the next generation.

currently these are the pictures I have uploaded and there are about 4 more varieties that I would like to post. Thanks for actually reading this... and I know that you are... otherwise we wouldn't be talking would we?

this one is different than the other 2, I'll post more pictures of all of them later.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetherinds
Stranger

Re: Horse Stable Neighbor [Re: n00b_mj_grower]
    #4303942 - 06/16/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think #3 sounds like the best way to go. #5 is good but i've never started my own compost pile so i couldnt tell ya much on that.

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
Re: Horse Stable Neighbor [Re: therinds]
    #4304045 - 06/16/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

third pic looks like a coprinus , none of them look active but take a picture of the entire stem or the bottom have of the stem on the first and second mushroom also take a sporeprint of the one in pic 1 , looks like Panaleous to me , could be sub but we need better description to properly id it do not eat any mushrooms until they are 100% ided by one of the trusted Hunters here , thanks

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: Horse Stable Neighbor [Re: PSiFr33k]
    #4304746 - 06/16/05 07:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

nothing good bro its a coprinus throw it out

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Horse Stable Neighbor [Re: camelsmoker]
    #4305533 - 06/16/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

coprinus (inky cap) species, not active.

Offlinen00b_mj_grower
Stranger

Re: Horse Stable Neighbor [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4305970 - 06/17/05 12:45 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, that was pretty quick. I found several new species today that I haven't been able to get a picture of yet (lost the damn memory card for the digital camera... specifically designed with loss in mind...) They are yellow and growing directly out of a small piece of wood. They're actually very bright yellow and have a glossy type cap... There are several anyways, I'll take pictures of them as soon as possible but the yellow ones were just the most interesting looking ones I do not expect anybody to ID them that wasn't my intention.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification