Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEternoPsiconauta
Minister ofNature

Loc: Suburbia
::::How Safe is Taking `em.....
    #4302607 - 06/16/05 04:16 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

.....ALONE??have you ever tried to take shrooms alone? Im askin you this because sometimes I refuse to trip with some friends cause I do not feel safe with em. BUT I WANT TO TRIP!!!and can i do it alone for example in my house? Id like to know if some of you have tried this and what they think about it. THANKS  :wink:

--------------------
sono animato da costanti pensieri inerenti alla sottomissione del mondo.questo e` quanto.

Edited by EternoPsiconauta (06/16/05 04:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: EternoPsiconauta]
    #4302618 - 06/16/05 04:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

my opinion is that it would be better to trip alone than to trip with people you are uncomfortable with. those people can give you a really bad/uncomfortable trip (am i right guys?). but if something happens to you when your alone, theres no one to help you (obviously...)
when i do stuff i either take it alone or with some really good friends i can trust and feel comfortable with. :humpme:
(i havent acually done shrooms yet... still waiting for my syringe to arrive... but ive done a few other stuff, not much.) :bongload:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinestarkes
Stranger

#4302692 - 06/16/05 06:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It would be better to take them on your own instead of with people you dont trust because you'll end up thinking about them too much.

However, I would say only do this if you're a generally happy person with nothing negative to think about, or you'll end up dwelling on it without a distraction to kick you out of your bad trip.

People will tell you its generally better to have someone there as a guide, but as long as you can make sure you remember that anything negative you think about isnt really a problem, you'll be fine.

If you do end up having a bad trip for a bit and you think it lasted forever, just for a laugh check the clock, its probably been only 5 minutes.

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: starkes]
    #4302991 - 06/16/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I think tripping with people is better, most of the time. It is always nice to have a good friend or two to talk, laugh, and play with while you trip, and it really is q great time to share with your friends, but as said before, some people can bring u down, piss u off, etc, so its not always a good idea. BUT if you know your the kind of person who can get depressed or saddened easily, i wouldnt recomend eating them alone. I have had a few solo trips that were amazing, i have had a few that the majority of the trip was me being depressed (shrooms, especially in low doses, tend to make me depressed, but that goes away once ive sobered up, i just dwell on all of the negative things). But like I said, if you are comfortable with your location, and with yourself, have at it man!

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: SirRobin]
    #4303131 - 06/16/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not hugely experienced with shrooms, but my two strongest trips have been alone at home, and both worked out pretty well for me. One was 10gm fresh Copelandia and the second was 30gm fresh Ecuadorian. The first was absolutely mind blowing and the second was quite difficult. Both were about equal in intensity.

If I trip alone, I make sure that I am clean, my place is clean, my computer is clean and my mind is clean (no immediate worries or problems), and also set up things like food, playlist, movies, etc. in advance. I make sure that I have nothing planned for the day of the trip and the following day (which usually means that the trip occurs on Saturday). I think that preparing like this helps a lot when tripping alone.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4303198 - 06/16/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've found that tripping alone means you have less distractions and can really let go during the trip.  Go for it alone but be careful!  Have fun!  :tripping: :thumbup: :sun:

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: TurricaN]
    #4303623 - 06/16/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
If I trip alone, I make sure that I am clean, my place is clean, my computer is clean and my mind is clean (no immediate worries or problems), and also set up things like food, playlist, movies, etc. in advance.  I make sure that I have nothing planned for the day of the trip and the following day (which usually means that the trip occurs on Saturday).  I think that preparing like this helps a lot when tripping alone.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: Kerr]
    #4303890 - 06/16/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:06 AM)

Invisiblebwalker
The BodyElectric
Loc: NJ, USA
    #4303988 - 06/16/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EternoPsiconauta said:
.....ALONE??have you ever tried to take shrooms alone? Im askin you this because sometimes I refuse to trip with some friends cause I do not feel safe with em. BUT I WANT TO TRIP!!!and can i do it alone for example in my house? Id like to know if some of you have tried this and what they think about it. THANKS ;-)

I've never once tripped around other people, and most likely never will. It's just something I prefer to do alone. It all depends on the type of person you are, I suppose.

But if you do, like someone else said, make sure to remove anything out of your environment that might pose a physical/mental risk when you're under the influence. Or just take enough so that even moving around is out of the question. :grin:

OfflineMattWhite
Feed My Head

Loc: UK
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: StickyWater]
    #4304089 - 06/16/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've tripped on LSD alone before and been just fine. I've only ever tripped once on two hits of apparently strong blotter LSD (freind had a strong visual trip on half a hit).

I tripped alone in my house for the peak of the trip. And then went out walked about the city after the peak.

I could feel myself a few times going into a downer, thinking about negative things and getting paranoid, this would usual happen when I was lying or sitting about and thinking too much, when I felt it happening I would get up and do something different and that would break the negative spiral.

But before the trip I had been diagnosed and on medication with different depression and anxiety problems for many years.

In retrospect of the trip, it was like I was living another life condensed into 12 or so hours of my own current life and this really helped me to understand and put things in my current life into presepective and since I have felt much better and have stopped taking my medication without any problems.

Back to the original question - It's a bit like the red pill or blue pill question.

Edited by MattWhite (06/16/05 02:50 PM)

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: MattWhite]
    #4304261 - 06/16/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

im intrigued as to tripping alone myself...i plan on doing it soon.

Tripped at bonnaroo (obviosuly) and ended up freaking myself out getting lost on shakedown street...so i sat in a port-a-potty until my trip went away (which was intense in itself since i could hear hundreds of conversations but not see anyone participating in them)

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: memes]
    #4304317 - 06/16/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That must have been REALLY fucked up.

The smell must have been just terrible too... man I don't even want to think about it.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: ::::How Safe is Taking `em..... [Re: memes]
    #4304319 - 06/16/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i trip alone most of the time, cuz when i do shrooms im looking for a sorta inner realization.

when i trip with friends its more of just fun and goofy shit, not to say thats bad.

do what you feel most comfortable with cuz odds are its right

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag