Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
    #4301326 - 06/15/05 10:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

One of my friends who is skeptical about mushrooms said she read that you can have trip flashbacks down the road, where you go into a mushrooms like trance for a second?? She didn't give me any backup evidence so i thought id ask.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: flashbacks [Re: carl]
    #4301436 - 06/15/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

experts? My understanding is the primary source of such flashbacks comes from LSD for the most part. Could be wrong...which is why I am asking the experts.

User Gallery

Re: flashbacks [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4301689 - 06/16/05 12:26 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Flashbacks are generally like those of post traumatic stress disorder, which is a traumatic event happens and it affects the person to the core so much that they can sometimes relive it(war veterans often get this).

HOWEVER, there have been reports of this happening to people who HAVENT experienced a bad trip. Its a very rare occurance and mostly happens with LSD(to my knowledge). That doesnt mean it cant happen with shrooms.

There is also HPPD(Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder), which seems to be much more common amongst frequent users of all hallucinogens. Not much is known about it, however. Many users claim that they see patterns in things they normally wouldnt, have minor visual disturbances and sometimes stronger ones as well. Most dont find it hinders their daily lives and is easy to adjust to.

Erowid.org has alot more information on this type of thing.

My personal opinion:

Ive never heard of them with shrooms(flashbacks, not HPPD), and I have never experienced them. Ive tripped upwards of 50 times and only experienced small amounts of HPPD.
That said, Ive never done LSD, nor had a horrific trip. I believe that flashbacks are rare enough that they shouldnt be a worry to you. Many people call them 'free trips' even, so id like to believe they arent anything to get worked up about.

For more information:

Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: flashbacks [Re: Veter]
    #4301966 - 06/16/05 01:27 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

shit man, i've had some acid flash backs and i consider them more of a bonus then anything. don't even worry about it.

Re: flashbacks [Re: carl]
    #4302509 - 06/16/05 04:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

most def true. I myself have had one or two flashbacks, but only within a month from last time tripping. ima guess that they are caused from remnants of the psylicobin. Friend was worried as well cuz hes had a few flashbacks and thought it was something to be concerned about. Its very common....the severity of the flashback however varies. friend had a full out flashback where he was tripping for a few minutes on a lvl 3 trip. happy shroomin :wink: and these were caused by shrooms.

Edited by tehborderican (06/16/05 04:22 AM)

i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: flashbacks [Re: tehborderican]
    #4302703 - 06/16/05 08:33 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i have done every psychodelic drug know to man and the alphabet and so has every one of my frineds. we once supplied an entire state with lsd. i have given away more acid/shrooms/foxy/mescaline than the average rave dealer has seen. with that said, i have never experienced nor witnessed nor have any of my frineds with acountable testamonies ever experienced nor witnessed a flash back. if flashbacks were possible, believe me, there is a handfull of people long over due for one. at best, flash backs were bad govt. propaganda to spread fear of lsd and a trippers version of the girl at the party that drank half a beer and did a table dance in a black out before giving some guy head cuz she wuz so drunk.

You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: flashbacks [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4303116 - 06/16/05 12:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well... UTFSE...
but anyways, people who have never done psychedelic drugs have reported psychological expereinces indistinguishable from "drug flashback episodes" - so where does that come from, huh?

but tha said, i suspect that in much of the tripping population, the ability to notice what would otherwise prolly be labeled "spontaneous altered states of consciousness" is somewhat enhanced...
and, some folks can be pushed Over the edge" (or at least too dam' close to "the edge") by almost any heavy life-experience... and drugs (and sex, and calamity, and violence (recieving OR giving), and childbirth, and grief, and any number of other heavy-duty things happening to ya, can do it to some folks (who may or may not be "on the edge" anyways --- as in the old model of folks who are "pre-psychotic" or "borderline personality types" or even folks who may be predisposed to schizophrenic episodes due toi genetics/family history etc.)

oh, and utfse...

old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience