Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer
 Arcade Champion: Hexxagon

"AmQuel quickly and effectively removes ammonia" -- For POO
    #4300708 - 06/15/05 07:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Poo People-

So I keep seeing problems with ammonia in poo. You have to leech and dry and wait. So I wondered if there was something to add to the poo that would get rid of it without all the hassle.

This is what I found. Amquel.
http://www.novalek.com/kpd51.htm

So anyone tried it yet? I have no idea what effects it would have on mushrooms.. or what it really does. I barely passed chemisty. So take a look and see what you think. I know that there are other reasons you need to wait for the poo.. but maybe this can help?

Anyways.. thought I would put it out there.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Edited by Quiescence (06/17/05 02:12 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: "AmQuel quickly and effectively removes ammonia" -- For POO [Re: Quiescence]
    #4300842 - 06/15/05 08:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You can buy it fairly cheaply as well.
http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=6621
That's just one of many.

Anyone have any thoughts?

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: "AmQuel quickly and effectively removes ammonia" -- For POO [Re: Quiescence]
    #4300864 - 06/15/05 08:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

>100% sodium hydroxymethanesulfonate

Sodium isnt good for shrooms and I dont think Sulfer is too (sulfonate makes me think it is, plus water conditioning). I'm no chemist either, but I know a little about whats used to treat water and if this is anything like what I think it is, I dont think it will have a good effect on the substrate. We'll see if anyone knows any better though..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: "AmQuel quickly and effectively removes ammonia" -- For POO [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4300948 - 06/15/05 09:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm.. no idea what the names mean.
But this sounds good...
"The hydroxymethane- end of the molecule reacts with ammonia to form a non-toxic, stable water-soluble substance which is acted upon by the bacteria in biological filtration." So if there are similar bacteria in the poo. (the good bacteria) .. maybe it will work?

Hmm from their diagram.. it shows that the AmQuel plus the ammonia turn into water and 'aminomethanesulfonate' whatever the heck that is. So if that doesn't harm shrooms.. it could work.

So can someone tell us what aminomethanesulfonate is? And then say it ten times fast while stoned... while patting your tummy and rubbing your head. Don't forget to set your camera to auto mode to take the picture.

~Quiescence~

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4301116 - 06/15/05 09:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ClorAm-X
the army uses this to purify drinking water in the field.
"is almost always quite deadly to aquatic life."
in other words it would kill fire fang, and leave substrate open to Trichoderma (the mean green mold).

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: "AmQuel quickly and effectively removes ammonia" -- For POO [Re: deanofmean]
    #4301357 - 06/15/05 11:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Uh.. dude. It says the opposite...
"Municipal water sources are treated so that the water delivered to the tap is free of viable disease-causing bacteria, viruses and other organisms as well as appearing clean and clear and being free of disagreeable odors and flavors. While such water is typically suitable for human consumption with no further treatment it[municipal water sources] is almost always quite deadly to aquatic life." Meaning normal 'municipal' water.

"In broad terms, a water conditioner must remove or mitigate those substances which are toxic to aquatic life ....ClorAm-XTM is just such a water conditioner..."

So that seems like more evidence that it may work. But I really don't know enough about chemisty to say that. Anyone that really knows this stuff... anyone....?

~Quiescence~

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4301450 - 06/15/05 11:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you didn't catch my drift?
fire fang (actinomyces), is the reason we pasteurize manure, rather then sterilizing it.

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

Re: "AmQuel quickly and effectively removes ammonia" -- For POO [Re: deanofmean]
    #4301494 - 06/15/05 11:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deanofmean said:
ClorAm-X
the army uses this to purify drinking water in the field.
"is almost always quite deadly to aquatic life."
in other words it would kill fire fang, and leave substrate open to Trichoderma (the mean green mold).

You are saying that the additive .. amquel..CloAm-X.. whatever brand name you want.. would "Kill fire fang"? You based this on the statement from the article "is almost always quite deadly to aquatic life."..correct? But it does not say that amquel causes aquatic death... it says that normal municipal water causes aquatic death because of the clorine and other additives to make it safe for people to drink. Amquel is used in fish tanks.. With Fish. It does not kill things. It attaches to and changes ammonia.

I am not saying that this stuff is a godsend. I have no clue if it will work at all. But I don't see what your trying to say.

Not trying to be a dick man, I respect your opinions and like your posts.. but what other drift did I miss?

~Quiescence~

--------------------

Edited by Quiescence (06/16/05 12:52 AM)

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4301793 - 06/16/05 12:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Whatever the case, with some testing - this stuff might be helpfull in the preperation of horse manure that is to fresh/hot to use as/is.

I guess I may tinker with it - a bit & see if it "might" be useful. Right off - it removes nothing. It causes a reaction that changes some things - into other things.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology