Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

growth process with perlite?
    #429727 - 10/18/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm thinking of taking a trip this late december and needed to know the approximate amount of time taken for each of the following steps in a perlite terrarium, growing B+ strain--

1. (innoculation - 100% colonization) innoculation on 4 sides of jars using well over 1 cc a jar, heating with aquarium heater and water then taking out to birth when fully colonized

2. (birthday - last flush[lets say 3 flushes] harvested) birthing 4 cakes in a perlite terrarium with temp and humidity guages, fanning and using humidity control suggested in all teks, till time of the last flush.

an approximate time would be great, remember- think of this as average- optimal conditions for cake cultivating. I need to know soon so I can either get the ball rolling or forget about it, thanks

roy

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: growth process with perlite? [Re: roykinn]
    #429765 - 10/18/01 07:53 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

anyone?

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

OfflineJapher

#429792 - 10/18/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

1. about 2-3 weeks, depending on the strain. most strains like incubation at about 85F. remove tape from the innoc holes, and flip the jars at about 80% colonised (all just my opinion, others have different methods).

2. really depends on how long it takes for them to start pinning, and how many flushes you can squeeze out of the cakes. keep the cakes at about 74F, high humidity, and sit them directly on the perlite. in my experience, i'd say about 1 month

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: growth process with perlite? [Re: Japher]
    #429797 - 10/18/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

thanks, I'm using the B+ strain in half pint cakes, I heard this was a fast grower, is there any other way to speed up any of this, to maybe shave off a week?

--------------------

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
    #429820 - 10/18/01 09:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry guy, you have to understand this is a biological process that is taking place. There is no magic bullet to make it happen. All you can do is give it the enviroment it likes, and let nature take it's course.

--------------------
I SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT OF DR. BLUETHUMBS OLD SCHOOL TOADSTOOLS 100%

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: growth process with perlite? [Re: zantac]
    #429826 - 10/18/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I totally understand, giving it extra heat with an aquarium heater will speed up colonization right? I was just asking if there where any other small things I could do to help them grow.

--------------------

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #429867 - 10/18/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, Micron Magick filter discs for good ait exchange. Air exchange is key to fast colonization.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
    #429881 - 10/18/01 10:01 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

No. wrong. Ramsey seal without filter disc, just as fast. Roy don't become a shill for the vendors.

--------------------

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

#429895 - 10/18/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not going to pm you anymore zantac, though I don't see the problem, but would you be so kind as to give me your .02?

--------------------

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
    #429944 - 10/18/01 11:16 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Just so EVERYBODY knows "roykinn" just sent me a PM asking me to admit to commiting a FELONY.

--------------------

Edited by zantac (10/18/01 11:17 PM)

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

#429951 - 10/18/01 11:22 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

that was not meant, you don't have to get all crazed and worried, jeez. I was asking for some advise, isnt that what this forum is for?

--------------------

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
    #429953 - 10/18/01 11:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Be careful of this guy folks.

--------------------

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
    #429966 - 10/18/01 11:39 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I would like to let the moderators know that "roykinn" is STILL harrasing me through PMs.

--------------------

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

#429974 - 10/18/01 11:46 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I am in no mood to play this silly little game with you "zantac". But I would like to let the moderators know there was no harrasment in any of the 2 PMs sent to "zantac". The first was asking for advise on the subject of this post, the second was apologizing for asking for the advise and upsetting "zantac", the only reason there was a second PM was to avoid any childish public bickering, I guess it didn't stop him.

roy

--------------------

Edited by roykinn (10/18/01 11:49 PM)

Invisiblezantac
journeyman
    #429988 - 10/18/01 11:57 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Please, all I ask is to please stop sending me PMs. I DO NOT WANT TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU PERIOD. Leave me alone PLEASE. You don,t need to PM me with an apology. Please, just leave me alone.

--------------------

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

#430032 - 10/19/01 12:24 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

anyways.... back to the subject, can i get a few more examples of the colonization and growing time of the whole process, it would help me out a bunch, thanks

--------------------

Anonymous

#430059 - 10/19/01 12:44 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"roykinn" You seem to think you can just act reckless, accuse good people of being childish, act like a cop, and ask people to admit to comitting felonys in personal messages.Then just carry business on as usual, and act lke a "newbie" who needs his hand held through every step of the growing process. I have seen zantac's post's and I respect his opinion on almost every matter. One thing I can say for sure is, if anyone is acting immature it is YOU. Check his posts and you will see he has been nothing but responsible.I hope everyone takes caution with this fellow "roykinn" there is some other agenda at play here.

Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: growth process with perlite? [Re: ]
    #430091 - 10/19/01 01:06 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ok, I fully admit to being a "newbie", I came to these forums looking for support, and up until today, it's been great, tons of people have helped me out. I made the mistake of PMing zantac for advise about the topic of this post, and I only did so so I could recieve advise from zantac himself because he sounded very knowledgeable. I wasnt aware it was a bad thing to PM users about such matters, and when he snapped at me, I apologized, what is so wrong with all this? acting like a cop? what is that all about, I wasnt aware that asking for advise was considered interrogation. I'd like for someone to tell me what the rules are on PMing, or atleast let me know where I can find these rules. All I wanted was a little friendly advise as to approx. how long it takes to colonize, birth, and harvest under optimal circumstances. Call me an idiot or newbie or whatever, but dont say I'm being a cop or reckless when my actions were clearly a mistake. Boxtop703, check my posts aswell, I've done nothing to bother anyone, I consider my posts to be responsible and to the point. The question at the top of this post is clearly stated and to the point, I've read all the teks and have a good understanding of the growing process. So please, read some of my posts before you condemn me as some jerk who starts fights, some ignorant who doesnt read the teks and relys on everyone to help him. so you can either yell at me some more, or do a little reading and get back to me, sorry for this long post but this is just how I feel-

roy

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder